False alarm

  • Cottrell, Danyele Marie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2013
      Well, i came home tonight to the power back on and no hum. Flipped the main on the house and immediately my husband said it was very loud but all i heard was my neural noise... All internal. He then admitted it was higher pitched than our normal hum. After much discussion and me still not hearing the hum at all he figured out his was internal also. We are back to no hum in the summer. Which is fantastic for us but still confusing.
      Thank you for allowing me to ramble on...

      Sent from my iPhone so please pardon typos and auto-corrects
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2013
        Just got home from vaca in San Fran and Santa Cruz.  Heard very low hum in Carmel and Santa Cruz.  In car in San Mateo, nothing to speak of.  To low and to short a time there to form an opinion.  Don't know if there is a holiday travel effect to skew observations??

        Will check out for 3rd year in a row Saratoga Springs NY, where there hasn't been hum I've noticed, this weekend.  Been mild in Brookfield CT since we returned home Monday nite.