RE: HUM_FORUM: Re: Time to present my working hypothesis

  • Cottrell, Danyele Marie
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 19 7:51 AM

      While I do think there is something to this, we have had terribly hot, humid and cloudy days/nights too and still no hum from sometime in May until  October.

      I recently found another humling who lives a town south of me about 20 miles and he and I are on the same ‘hum schedule’.

      However, the person from Terre Haute (about 50 miles northwest of me)  is not on our schedule.    ????

      This is what makes it so maddening. : - (

      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 19 12:49 PM
        I have read in several technical articles that the greater the humidity and moisture content of the atmosphere, the less ability the atmosphere has to transmit low frequency wavelength frequencies.  This may bear itself out in the fact that many people (not all however!) are hearing a reduced humming noise since early May of this year.

        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 23 6:25 AM
          I agree