Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: Hum Port Townsend, WA

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 23 3:40 PM
      From CT, your observations parellel those here. But it does vibrate the floor, car floor panel and causes standing pool waves in a 24 ft dia above ground pool. See files section

      On Jul 23, 2013, at 1:22 PM, "soultheorem1111" <soul_theorem@...> wrote:

      Hey,
      I find it very interesting that the Hum has gotten louder in your 'neck of the woods', while it's gone quiet for me. Makes me wonder if it's transient(?). Port Townsend and Seattle are pretty close together, relatively speaking.

      The Hum was very apparent to me over last winter, mostly after dark - late in the evening and early morning 3-5 AM-ish (though, I think it's more noticeable at those times because extraneous noises quiet down). The Hum I've heard off and on since 2008 - up until late May - was centered around 55 hertz, and seemed to pitch-shift when I moved my head. I have heard it pulsate, as you mentioned. The comparison to an 'idling diesel truck' is a really good analogy to what I heard and hopefully won't hear again anytime soon!
      It never got loud enough to vibrate things, but it was especially annoying in the early morning hours. I've never heard it outside. I have heard it inside my car (engine off).

      How does that compare to what you are hearing (feeling?)? Is it constant - all day?

      Best regards,
      Ben