Re: HUM_FORUM: This Sound Masks the Hum.

  • iprefertruth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013

      In a message dated 08/07/2013 12:46:38 GMT Daylight Time, veiled.mystery@... writes:

      Hi everyone,

      I have discovered a sound that masks the sound of the Hum, it is similar to the String207 but not as harsh and annoying, it is a 7 hertz Theta Wave, the link for it is:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCXL8QZl7o

      Sorry, veiled mystery, but I find that sound disturbing,
      even  annoying .
       I couldn't listen to that for long ...
      Sounds like the Aliens landing !
                (yes, yes, all right, how do I know?!)
      There seem to be various sounds on youtube ....
      hmmmmm (so to speak), I'm not convinced.

      A hissing sort of sound might be more comfortable to listen to,
      plus I'm not comfortable with 'messing around' with the brain.....

      I was pleased to see recently that some folks find noise-cancelling headphones useful :
      it's what I've said for years : if the microphones in the set can pick up
      the noise from the OUTSIDE the person, and deal with it,
      then that proves that that particular hum  is external, acoustic,
      as I believe most hums will turn out to be.....

      I have no commercial links to companies,
       but Bose and Sennheisers look like good bets
      for noise cancelling headphones :
      John Lewis (the store) can get them for customers.

       R.M.,   LFNSH, England.

      (You will have to copy and paste this to the address bar because i don't know how to make it appear as an actual link).
      I don't know if it will work for everyone but for anyone who didn't find String207 helpful, try this one.
      You will need speakers on your computer to hear it as it is extremely quiet, and like with String207 it only works if you are within a certain distance of it, but it's certainly worth a try.

    • veiled.mystery
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2013
        No need to apologize Tobypaws, i personally felt that way about the String207, what works for one will not necessarily work for all, i just put it out there for people to try, if it doesn't suit you that's perfectly fine too.
        The Hum here has been horrendous for the past few weeks, but i think it might have been because of roadworks that have been going on accentuating it making it sound louder than it would have otherwise been.