Re: HUM_FORUM: News in Brief: Highlights from the International Congress on Acoustics

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2013
      A grad student in music from Yale got ahold of me about the hum in the New Haven CT area, in particular her apartment. About 6 months ago. She said her hearing part of the sensations seemed more jaw bone, and other parts that slip my nemory. Rather than the ear. Forme, I'm not sure of the difference

      On Jun 11, 2013, at 12:30 PM, "Cottrell, Danyele Marie" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

      OK… that is interesting.

      To note: my husband and I  (both Hum hearers) are smaller boned with a long/thin face structure.   Wouldn’t that be interesting if all of us on here were similar which is WHY we hear/feel it and others don’t.

      A combination of bone structure and hearing range outside the norms.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2013

        I am big boned, round faced and anything but long thin face structure..

        string

[...]

      • Cottrell, Danyele Marie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 11, 2013

          “Hello, Theory. Please don’t let the door hit you on the way out”

          Haha!   Well, I guess it didn’t hurt to ask around.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 11, 2013
            Me too String... I think the low frequency hum hearers just have too big of heads and the LF just resonates around in our skulls !!!  *:) happy

          • Stringpickin
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 11, 2013

              Lol,, well maybe the hum I hear is off by .0007865278 percent because of it, so not the same one..

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 11, 2013

                Exactly, just like some of the dumbest thoughts I have at times,, just keep bouncing around and round till they finally die down,, or I act on them and prove just how dumb they were…. Lol