RE: HUM_FORUM: Re: G W E N towers: Hum travels for at least 300 miles in all directions

  • Bill Curry
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2013

      Hi folks,

      Check your records: the  GWEN system was discontinued several years ago, when GPS based navigation systems were introduced.  Also, in the 1990's I did a review of the potetial harmful effects of HAARP (if any) and concluded (by studying the patents associated with it, because a citizens group in Alaska asked my employer at the time (Argonne National Laboratory) about any potential hazards.  What I found was that the notion of terrestrial weather modification  by disturbing the ionosphere with microwave radiation was very unlikely, because the inventor's description of the means of exciting the ionosphere did not include a discussion of the loss of energy from the exciting HAARP beam due to synchrotron radiation.  Thus the inventor's expectation of raising the height of portions of the ionosphere by irradiation from earth was not likely to be achieved.

      Regards,

      Bill P. Curry. retired physicist