Re: HUM_FORUM: Earth's Crust like a loud speaker

    Message 1 of 14 , May 20, 2013
      Danyele, can your contacts comment on the 10Hz shown in the embedded chart of Tobypaws link for Bats?
      Steve

      Message 2 of 14 , May 20, 2013

        I couldn’t find anything on Bats for 10Hz in that article.   All I found was 2,000 – 110,000 Hz in the bat range.

        What is interesting is cows, elephants, and goldfish have the lowest range – down as low as 16 Hz.  Almost wish I had a pet elephant to test this on. ;-0

        I could be looking right over it….sorry if I missed it!

        Message 3 of 14 , May 20, 2013
          I sent tobys email diectly to you. See the table. Its a MSN learning piece of info

          Message 4 of 14 , May 20, 2013

            Incorrect - should be 10 KHz to over 200 KHz (for bats).  http://www.batcon.org/pdfs/stories/BatEcholocationResearch.pdf (page 9).

            Arne

            Central MN USA

            From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cottrell, Danyele Marie

            Message 5 of 14 , May 20, 2013
              The bar chart clearly shows 10 hz. Maybe its wrong. Cant believe everything you read.😳
              Thats why I asked the question
              Steve

              From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cottrell, Danyele Marie