Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: Is the Hum part of Cochlear Implant conspiracy?

    Message 1 of 30 , May 16, 2013
      Renee,
       My main reason for suggesting that you try to travel away from the hum is because you had said you believed that your husbands hum was from the huge plant near your home. It would seem that since you have traveled away and it has not helped dissipate the hum for your mate then it must not be caused by the big plant there. Yes infra sound travels, but we can't all be hearing the one plant. So the true source must be something else. I realize this is frustrating to the sufferers as well as those who love them. We all want something that we can focus our anger and our frustration on. We want an answer, a cause, a solution, but it doesn't appear that easy at this time for any of us that hear it. This is why I have stressed the need to practice good coping methods:
      Expressing emotions and thoughts with a group like this one (hum hearers personal suppport) Getting counseling for our frustrations, anxiety, and anger issues.
      Treating our emotional issues, when necessary, with herbal, nutritional support, as well as meds if need be.
      Practicing good sleep hygiene.
      Utilizing the tone generators, that have been discussed here, fans, white sound machines, or HEPA air cleaners to facilitate better sleep.
      Using good stress relieving techniques, ie; regular exercise (even walking or swimming), meditation, biofeedback etc. Even using humor to lighten our moods may be of help (comedy movies, shows, the comedy chanel) FYI, there are many herbs and vitamin/minerals that help the body and mind with stress and emotional balance.

      For now, this is all we have in terms of real help until a true source is found, and really even after a source is found. It is necessary that we do all we can to help ourselves achieve the best we can be while this thing plays itself out.

       I wish you and your mate the best and I am happy to expand on any of these subjects if you need me to, just ask.

      Suzie

      Message 2 of 30 , May 16, 2013
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Renee Gibson <reneeg8966@...> wrote:
        >Renee & Darrell Hi it's Patty, The Doctor is right that you should consider moving away from the Aluminum Smelter. Considering this HUM effect, from what I have read of the Microwave Auditory Effect, the Electromagnetics can possibly have an effect on the Blood Brain Barrier. It is just one of the effects that they have researched. The barrier may be comprimised to allow metals and other toxins thru to the brain. I am not a doctor or scientist just a sufferer that has researched and collected the papers. I had a very difficult time in the beginning. My husband couldn't understand why I was having difficulty, it was very hard. I resisted taking prescription drugs but eventually I had to start taking Cmybalta. I was just in too much pain after they installed the smart meters. Now again it has changed and got worst with 4G. Cymbalta helps with attitude and has helped me to evaluate before I react to a situation or comment. The Cymbalta helps with the pain but does not stop the hum or help with sleep. Eventually I was so sleep deprived that I had to ask for a sleep aid, my doctor at the time prescripted Zopiclone 5mg. It does help. I'm angry as hell that I have been forced to take medication, but for now that's what I have to do.
        So far as a standstill that is just how it is. I'm happy if I get my housework done and move on to get yard work done. I feel blessed that I already had a strong faith, that is what has kept me going, with out it I don't think I would still be alive. I would be willing to meet with you both, I don't have my American passport and I'm not a Canadian Citizen so I only cross over in emergency cases with my family. Do you have the papers to come to the Canadian side?
        Patty

        Message 3 of 30 , May 16, 2013
          Patty,
           In reading about the Microwave Auditory Effect,  it says that "pulsed microwave radiation can be heard by some workers; the irradiated personnel perceive auditory sensations of clicking or buzzing. "  Mine is a hum for sure and not a click or a buzz. In your reading was there anything that refered to a hum as the sound that is caused by the Microwave Auditory Effect? Is this talking about the same thing that we are suffering from? Would this mean that this Microwave Auditory Effect is being blasted everywhere around the world at once?
          Suzie

          >Renee & Darrell Hi it's Patty, The Doctor is right that you should consider moving away from the Aluminum Smelter. Considering this HUM effect, from what I have read of the Microwave Auditory Effect, the Electromagnetics can possibly have an effect on the Blood Brain Barrier. It is just one of the effects that they have researched. The barrier may be comprimised to allow metals and other toxins thru to the brain. I am not a doctor or scientist just a sufferer that has researched and collected the papers. I had a very difficult time in the beginning. My husband couldn't understand why I was having difficulty, it was very hard. I resisted taking prescription drugs but eventually I had to start taking Cmybalta. I was just in too much pain after they installed the smart meters. Now again it has changed and got worst with 4G. Cymbalta helps with attitude and has helped me to evaluate before I react to a situation or comment. The Cymbalta helps with the pain but does not stop the hum or help with sleep. Eventually I was so sleep deprived that I had to ask for a sleep aid, my doctor at the time prescripted Zopiclone 5mg. It does help. I'm angry as hell that I have been forced to take medication, but for now that's what I have to do.
          So far as a standstill that is just how it is. I'm happy if I get my housework done and move on to get yard work done. I feel blessed that I already had a strong faith, that is what has kept me going, with out it I don't think I would still be alive. I would be willing to meet with you both, I don't have my American passport and I'm not a Canadian Citizen so I only cross over in emergency cases with my family. Do you have the papers to come to the Canadian side?
          Patty

          > Suzie,
          > I am on the boarder of Canada - in Upstate NY. Patti, from Ontario is only about 60 miles from here.
          > We have traveled 200 miles South and he is still affected - and have seen a doctor in Vermont which is North about 180 miles. West as far as a place called Tupper Lake and he is still affected.
          > An ear, nose and throat doctor actually suggested we move. But really...there are so many sufferers in so many corners of the world, where would that place be??
          > I'd like to know of anyones personal experiences with doctors that they have mentioned this too.
          > Without a solid diagnosis of enviromental pollution disease or something of the sort - we will remain at a standstill - and continue to suffer.
          > Renee
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Renee Gibson
          Message 4 of 30 , May 17, 2013
            Hi Patty,
            We've traveled so far in all directions and like I said, there are basically sufferers all over the world.
            Why whatever it is only affects some and not others is a mystery to me. Iv'e tried and tried to "hear", "feel" it and just can't.
            But, Iv'e done a ton of research - and have come across an enviromental placement of law referred to as Regulation 17. This law dictates the emissions of noise allowed on industrial sites - such as the smelting plant. Further research states that many industries are allowed a variance to exceed the guidelines of Regulation 17 in order to keep operational.
            I will research the Microwave Auditory Effect immediately.
            Unfortunately, it has become too much of a hassle to enter Canada so we haven't the credentials to accomodate a meeting.
            Darrell is gradually weaning himself from Gabapentin - supposedly prescribed for pain ( but doesn't help) No other medication has had any effect. I will look up Zoplicone too.
            I think a lawyer would be interested in Regulation 17.
            Keep in touch - so nice talking with you.   Renee& Darrell
            >Renee & Darrell  Hi it's Patty,  The Doctor is right that you should consider moving away from the Aluminum Smelter.  Considering this HUM effect, from what I have read of the Microwave Auditory Effect, the Electromagnetics can possibly have an effect on the Blood Brain Barrier.  It is just one of the effects that they have researched.  The barrier may be comprimised to allow metals and other toxins thru to the brain.  I am not a doctor or scientist just a sufferer that has researched and collected the papers.  I had a very difficult time in the beginning.  My husband couldn't understand why I was having difficulty, it was very hard.  I resisted taking prescription drugs but eventually I had to start taking Cmybalta.  I was just in too much pain after they installed the smart meters.  Now again it has changed and got worst with 4G.  Cymbalta helps with attitude and has helped me to evaluate before I react to a situation or comment.  The Cymbalta helps with the pain but does not stop the hum or help with sleep.  Eventually I was so sleep deprived that I had to ask for a sleep aid, my doctor at the time prescripted Zopiclone 5mg.  It does help.  I'm angry as hell that I have been forced to take medication, but for now that's what I have to do.
            So far as a standstill that is just how it is.  I'm happy if I get my housework done and move on to get yard work done.  I feel blessed that I already had a strong faith, that is what has kept me going, with out it I don't think I would still be alive. I would be willing to meet with you both, I don't have my American passport and I'm not a Canadian Citizen so I only cross over in emergency cases with my family.  Do you have the papers to come to the Canadian side?
            Patty

            > Suzie,
            > I am on the boarder of Canada - in Upstate NY. Patti, from Ontario is only about 60 miles from here.
            > We have traveled 200 miles South and he is still affected - and have seen a doctor in Vermont which is North about 180 miles. West as far as a place called Tupper Lake and he is still affected.
            > An ear, nose and throat doctor actually suggested we move. But really...there are so many sufferers in so many corners of the world, where would that place be??
            > I'd like to know of anyones personal experiences with doctors that they have mentioned this too.
            > Without a solid diagnosis of enviromental pollution disease or something of the sort - we will remain at a standstill - and continue to suffer.
            > Renee
            >

            > ________________________________

          • iprefertruth
            Message 5 of 30 , May 19, 2013

              In a message dated 17/05/2013 00:04:41 GMT Daylight Time, soozieqty1@... writes:
              Yes infra sound travels, but we can't all be hearing the one plant.So the true source must be something else.
              I really do think that there must be many sources, not just one.
              Many industrial installations emit hums.
              Heavy trains are trundling around all the time, and maybe their hums overlap?
              Large intercontinental planes have deep note frequencies in their roaring engines...maybe they overlap
              and mix with ground level hums?
              Their sound seems to disappear as they go over, but could a sort of 'residue' carry further?
              That might explain why sometimes volumes (loudness) go up and down.
              I wouldn't be surprised to find out that industrial plants get away with exceeding legal levels...
              jobs are involved, you see, and big business tends to succeed despite discomforts inflicted on ordinary people....

              I read several years ago that the Australians were trying to develop
              a pill to reduce hearing...does anyone have any knowledge of any progress on this yet?

              I had 7 years of 'hell', hearing The Hum, but I am convinced it
              was benzo-diazepines  that made my hearing super-sensitive....
              Can you imagine the dreadful vicious circle : hear the Hum,
              get stressed, can't sleep, take b-d's, (diazepam, lorazepam, temazepam, etc.),
              hearing becomes more sensitive, hear the Hum More, take more b-d's,
              hearing becomes more acute, take more b-d's......and so on.
              They took weeks to work out of the system, and I always try to
               warn everyone to be very aware of that possibility,
              i.e., could make the Hum seem louder.

              Maybe there are other 'med's' , and / or chemicals in our environment
              that could make the same effect?

              You know if you have a hangover, every sound seems too loud?
              That is because something happened ,
               from the alcohol, that made the hearing too sensitive.

              By the way, what is this "Cochlear Implant Conspiracy" ?
              Let's not get paranoid !
              Best Wishes,
              R.M.,
              LFNSH., England.
            • iprefertruth
              Message 6 of 30 , May 19, 2013

                In a message dated 16/05/2013 01:39:07 GMT Daylight Time, soozieqty1@... writes:
                Audiologist's graph I posted. According to him, Hearing tests cannot measure below 125 Hz as it's considered below normal hearing.
                Hi,
                I thought 'normal' human hearing , lower limit, was set at 20 Hz., which is much lower than 125Hz...
                Even below 20Hz, that can be heard, if it is loud enough.
                One small point,
                when we age, we often lose some higher frequencies, such as bird song, rustling leaves,
                the 's'  soud in speech, etc.
                Then the brain notices lower frequencies more.
                That might be why there seem to be more Hum hearers of the older age groups who
                complain about the Hum.
                Not saying that is the only reason, as there is far too much noise being made all over the place.
                Far too many people on the planet, plus they are often in overcrowded places,
                making their general noises such as washing machines, tumble driers, hoovers,
                air conditioners,fridges, freezers, computers,  etc., etc., become nuisances.
                That would cause local LFN, sometimes easier to pinpoint.
                But on top of that, you can get the more distant Hum, from further away.
                You often hear people refer to the 'hum of the city' : especially from a little way out :
                higher frequencies drop off,(because they can't travel as far) ,  and lower ones carry on travelling out....
                You'd probably find that at a distance, a city would make a predominently lower sound....
                ours here at Southampton,England,  I can hear it when the wind comes from there...
                a mixture of all the activity going on,around the clock.
                 Motorways with huge, trundling  lorries,(travelling overnight to avoid the day traffic),
                 ships that keep their engines running apparently in port to power their electrics , etc.;
                 trains trundling around with huge tonnages of freight,
                lots of lower frequencies being produced at night.
                The predominating frequency of motorways is apparently around 66Hz :
                tyre and engine noise.
                People say how difficult it is to trace "the source",
                that's probably because many sourceS are overlapping, thus making a sort of
                ' fog ' of sound.....Mr Hylton Dawson found  lots of hums around  Bristol, England,
                 so that the term "The Bristol Hum "may not be quite accurate,
                and gives an impression of ONE source : Mr. Dawson found several (acoustic) sources,
                and I can imagine that they could act together to make the impression of one source,
                because they are mixing their similar frequencies in the air.
                Some people say they hear a 'beat', and if that is not their pulse altering their perception of the incoming sound/s, then that could suggest more than one source.
                The places that have become famous (Bristol, Kokomo, Taos, Auckland, etc), are, may I suggest, only seeming like hotspots  because they have received special coverage by the press / media.
                Dr. Tom Moir's Auckland Hum  recordings sound very similar to many other recordings, including my own.
                        If there  is a predominating, detectable frequency,
                           it would be useful to make readings at different distances,
                             downwind, and see how far the sound could travel.
                Maybe if there were a busy city bordering a quieter, (i.e., thinly populated for miles)
                  area such as a desert,
                then maybe an experiment could be done when there is
                 less general activity such as road traffic, and measurements could be taken ?
                Wind direction I would want to check, to make sure the wind was carrying sounds from the city...
                apparently wind can blow sounds away, as shown here near Southampton :
                 when the wind changes to Westerly, then it's nice and quiet,because to the west of Southampton are quite a few miles of countryside,  but when the wind is FROM the city, then :
                 low frequency sounds come over. And then the effects start....tension, from the worry of how long it will last.
                ( Not too bad though, so far, since our prevailing wind direction is westerly).
                 It's so obvious, and since Southampton is a noisy old industrial port , with container storage and moving containers in and out from the vast 'parking' area going on 24/7, that leads me to wonder whether
                many other cities will be producing general background low frequency noises, that will be confusing and difficult to pin down.....because they are a 'mish-mash'.....
                Continued sympathy to all sufferers : I know what it's like, that's why I continue interest, and try to figure it out....low frequency must have been for millions of years, associated with danger (earthquakes, thunder, roaring rivers, rock falls, heavy beasts, etc.), so it's  not unnatural for people to have a bad reaction when they get relentless  LFN  disturbing their lives.
                R.M.,
                LFNSH,
                England.
              • patty94@ymail.com
                Message 7 of 30 , May 21, 2013
                  --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Soozie <soozieqty1@...> wrote:
                  >Suzie; Hi, I was at a TeleSat base station and what I heard was not a click or buzz but more of a old fashion train whistle in the distance. The head guy came over to ask if I had heard it. For years I would hear the train whistle but no trains even close enough to be heard. Then in 2004 the train whistle was replaced by the sound of a deisel idling in the distance. It could also be heard inside the house. Since then it has changed its sound and repeation rate. As it got stronger (more complex) it also started to effect me physically. But back to the sound around the world. I do not think it is the same pulse rate or strenght around the world. I think it has more to do with the amount of data being transferred in any particular area. I think mine is strong because of our powerlines being used for Broadband over the powerline (BPL). I think the original train noise was from the Microwave repeaters (the tall towers), they changed the towers location and height when this aggravating hum started in my house.
                  Patty

                • patty94@ymail.com
                  Message 8 of 30 , May 21, 2013