Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: an Interesting observation

    Message 1 of 25 , May 2 4:49 AM
      Danyele do know a John Whitaker at IU. I think it would be worth having a discussion , present hypothesis to him about my bat suspicions and possible contribution the hum effects on them.

      On May 1, 2013, at 1:30 PM, "Cottrell, Danyele Marie" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

      That’s about the area between Soozie and I (closer to Soozie though).   It started getting worse on the morning Sunday the 28th .   It was mild and intermittent up until then, but now it loud enough that my fans are not blocking it out and I have to turn up the 207/white noise file so loud that even that is too annoying to sleep.

      I drove around at night to light or no traffic areas and it is off the charts everywhere.   Seemed to be worse to my east towards Nashville, IN; BUT that area does have less traffic than to my west so it may have just been more noticeable but the same intensity.

      I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being here and understanding.  To some of the people I have talked to here that hear it they just shrug their shoulders and say it doesn’t bother them much.  To those who don’t hear it, they look at me like I am nuts.  I am not nuts and thank you for being there for me to vent even if nothing comes of it…it helps to vent.

        I was in West lafyette last week (M&T) and at the hotel over in Lafyette it didnt jump out at me to be Occurring. During the day was in a location with too many other noises. If it were bad, I think I would have noticed thou

        On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

        Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

        > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
        >
        > John

          I was in West lafyette last week (M&T) and at the hotel over in Lafyette it didnt jump out at me to be Occurring. During the day was in a location with too many other noises. If it were bad, I think I would have noticed thou

          On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

          Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

          > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
          >
          > John

        • Cottrell, Danyele Marie
          Message 4 of 25 , May 3 10:17 AM

            Will do!! I have several friends studying bats right now. I’ll send them your email address if they are able to do anything outside their current research.

            Follow up to my hum situation:  Night of 5/1   lessoned from 10 (worst it has ever been) to a 5.   Night of 5/2 – right back to a 9 BUT the pitch of the hum changed ever so slightly.  It was a ½ tone higher than normal and that lessoned the pressure feeling quite a bit!

            We were out in the woods last evening 5 miles from any roads (we were on old gravel roads) and the hum could be heard outside of our vehicle just as clear as day.  I need to check the pipeline and tower maps for that area.

            I was in West lafyette last week (M&T) and at the hotel over in Lafyette it didnt jump out at me to be Occurring. During the day was in a location with too many other noises. If it were bad, I think I would have noticed thou

            On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

            Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

            --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

            > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
            >
            > John

          • Margaret
            Message 5 of 25 , May 3 2:37 PM
              Hi
              A different story in mid north coast of NSW Australia. It's been quieter since around 28th or 29th April. I'm with Dave - the underlying low hum never stops here either, but fluctuates greatly in intensity with other higher frequencies, vibrations and clicks added at times. Maggie

            • xyzxyz12311@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 25 , May 3 4:02 PM
                My Hum went off last night, first time in a long time.

                central Manitoba