RE: HUM_FORUM: May 1/ 207 causing others to catch hum

  • Stringpickin
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 12:47 PM
      Hi XYZ..

      My daughter does not ever hear the hum and has heard the 207 alone and with
      the white noise back ground combo ever since I have discovered it and she
      still does not hear the hum to this day.. I would not be concerned about
      catching it from listening to the 207/whitenoise.. It is just a mixture of
      tone and noise and is not actually in any way part of the hum that I know
      of..

      String

      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 2:32 PM
        Hi xyz;

        Manitoba catches my eye for two reasons. First, because of nostalgia: that's my home territory. But second, last time I checked, the Hum Map shows no Hum locations there. Since that entire region has so few reports, some of us are starting to build theories that incorporate that. I can understand your desire for anonymity if you are in a smaller place. (After all, I was the principal at Pine River Elementary School from 1991-1993 before it shut down, town population = 250 people.) I would be particularly intrigued if you are within, say, 75 km of Thompson, Flin Flon, or one of the big hydro-electric dams.

        Even if you do not pinpoint your precise location, if you could let me know by email roughly where you are, that might be important information, which will be kept private.

        Thanks

        Glen

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4 1:05 AM
            Hey Tony...

            A few weeks back I uploaded a file that has the 207 blended with the white
            noise sound.. I have it mixed very carefully so that you can just, and I do
            mean "Just" barely here the 207 tone if you listen real closely.. It's even
            hard for me to hear it and I know it's there..

            So, my premise for doing that is,, the 207 turns off the "hum".. and the
            white noise helps blend the 207 with other sounds/white noise so that we are
            not just listening to a strait tone of 207.. I LOVE IT.. in fact,,, I
            completely forget about it running at times and after the hum disappears for
            a day or so I find myself turning it on to sleep to it just because I find
            is really soothing..

            So all you have to do is download the file.. I can't remember off hand what
            it is named,, something like 207whitenoise or something blatant so you can't
            miss it.. Then just drop just set up a loop play with it.. Or what seems to
            work better generally is make copies of it and drop them into the same
            folder.. It seems there is less of a gap of playback time when going from
            one copy to the next instead of looping the same file.

            I hope you find it as helpful and as pleasurable as I do.. I am really very
            very thankful for it..

            So the way I use it, is I turn it up to where I can hear the hum kick off,
            and then I turn it up just a smidge more to make sure it doesn't sneak
            through, and because the 207 is known for turning off the hum with less
            decibel level than another other tone or noise out there,, the white noise
            level is actually pretty dern quiet considering all things..

            All the best

            String

            I missed something here. You are saying to use your 207hz AND white noise
            together? How do we do that?

            Thanks, Tony