Re: an Interesting observation

  • Danyele
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 30, 2013
      Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

      > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
      >
      > John

    • denise benedetto
      Message 2 of 25 , May 1, 2013
        Hum worst than ever here in NJ

        engineidler <resuocs@...> wrote:

        last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!

        John

      • Wayne Barto
        Message 3 of 25 , May 1, 2013
          I also noticed that the hum was reduced yesterday and last night in comparison to preceding days.  Still there, but definitely reduced.  I also noticed that the hum was quite loud during the couple of days preceding, during and immediately after the occurrence of the full moon this month.  It has backed off somewhat since then and last night was the quietest in some time.

        • Tim Kramer
          Message 4 of 25 , May 1, 2013
            Hum was very loud last night here in western Denver.  I suspect a lot of natural gas being pumped around 50 degree temperature drop over the last few days.

            On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Danyele <dcottrel@...> wrote:

            Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

            --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

            > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
            >
            > John

          • veiled.mystery
            Message 5 of 25 , May 1, 2013
              It's been really bad here since sunday 28th April both day and night, up around 9 out of 10.
            • Cottrell, Danyele Marie
              Message 6 of 25 , May 1, 2013

                So some of are seeing it as increasing the last few days and some have reported it has stopped.  Aagghh

                Denver – drop in temps noted.   Here in Bloomington, temps have risen about 30 degrees from what it has been the days before it got really loud.

                This is what I mean by the hum seeming so random.    My brain hurts thinking about it  (and hearing it!)

                Hum was very loud last night here in western Denver.  I suspect a lot of natural gas being pumped around 50 degree temperature drop over the last few days.

                On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Danyele <dcottrel@...> wrote:

                Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

                > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
                >
                > John

              • dee benedetto
                Message 7 of 25 , May 1, 2013
                  I didnt hear the Hum on April 28 heard it the 29th at 3am.It has been very loud since....im at my wits end..

                  To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
                  From: timkramer88@...
                  Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 08:28:24 -0600

                  Hum was very loud last night here in western Denver.  I suspect a lot of natural gas being pumped around 50 degree temperature drop over the last few days.

                  On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Danyele <dcottrel@...> wrote:

                  Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

                  --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

                  > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
                  >
                  > John

                • dave emmons
                  Message 8 of 25 , May 1, 2013
                    My HUM has never stopped. Wish I had the pauses in the HUM as some have had..... Southern Illinois .....Dave

                    Message 9 of 25 , May 1, 2013
                      I was in West lafyette last week (M&T) and at the hotel over in Lafyette it didnt jump out at me to be Occurring. During the day was in a location with too many other noises. If it were bad, I think I would have noticed thou

                      On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

                      Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

                      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

                      > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
                      >
                      > John

                    • Cottrell, Danyele Marie
                      Message 10 of 25 , May 1, 2013

                        That’s about the area between Soozie and I (closer to Soozie though).   It started getting worse on the morning Sunday the 28th .   It was mild and intermittent up until then, but now it loud enough that my fans are not blocking it out and I have to turn up the 207/white noise file so loud that even that is too annoying to sleep.

                        I drove around at night to light or no traffic areas and it is off the charts everywhere.   Seemed to be worse to my east towards Nashville, IN; BUT that area does have less traffic than to my west so it may have just been more noticeable but the same intensity.

                        I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being here and understanding.  To some of the people I have talked to here that hear it they just shrug their shoulders and say it doesn’t bother them much.  To those who don’t hear it, they look at me like I am nuts.  I am not nuts and thank you for being there for me to vent even if nothing comes of it…it helps to vent.

                        I was in West lafyette last week (M&T) and at the hotel over in Lafyette it didnt jump out at me to be Occurring. During the day was in a location with too many other noises. If it were bad, I think I would have noticed thou

                        On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

                        Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

                        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

                        > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
                        >
                        > John

                      • Glen MacPherson
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 1, 2013
                          One of the more satisfying aspects of my Hum work is reading accounts of the emotional reactions of people who learn the scope and magnitude of the Hum, and realize that they are not delusional or off-base. The Hum is an established phenomenon, reported by everyday, responsible, and stable people. If you know of anybody with scientific credentials who disputes that, I wish they would drop me an email on the topic.

                          The Hum Map: coming up on 13, 000 views and 600 map points. Thanks again to John Beaman for helping organize the mapping process and plotting points.

                          Cheers

                          Glen

                          Message 12 of 25 , May 1, 2013
                            West Lafayette is about 1 1/2 hours from me and as I had said it has been quiet completely or very low volume mostly for a while now, as in several weeks.
                            Suzie

                            Message 13 of 25 , May 1, 2013
                              Was in IN 4/22,23. Yeah HEPA full blast last 2 nites. Wife hates it but it really soothes away the dibilitating hum. Have experimented with String207 and it works, but prefer HEPA and soon the ceiling fan

                              Message 14 of 25 , May 1, 2013
                                Hell, drive on up this way! The weekends coming and there lots of nice place between here and there. I am from down that way, I used to live in B-town years ago when I went to IU, but then I became a townie/cutter. I had to leave because there were no jobs at the time. Been up here ever since. I LOVE Yellowwood park there. It's my favorite in the whole world! I miss it sometimes. It's so flat here........
                                Suzie

> [...]

                                  --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

                                  > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!

                                • Cottrell, Danyele Marie

                                    I was in West lafyette last week (M&T) and at the hotel over in Lafyette it didnt jump out at me to be Occurring. During the day was in a location with too many other noises. If it were bad, I think I would have noticed thou

                                    On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

                                    Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

                                    --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

                                    > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
                                    >
                                    > John

                                      I was in West lafyette last week (M&T) and at the hotel over in Lafyette it didnt jump out at me to be Occurring. During the day was in a location with too many other noises. If it were bad, I think I would have noticed thou

                                      On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

                                      Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

                                      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

                                      > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
                                      >
                                      > John

                                    • Cottrell, Danyele Marie
                                      Message 18 of 25 , May 3, 2013

                                        Will do!! I have several friends studying bats right now. I’ll send them your email address if they are able to do anything outside their current research.

                                        Follow up to my hum situation:  Night of 5/1   lessoned from 10 (worst it has ever been) to a 5.   Night of 5/2 – right back to a 9 BUT the pitch of the hum changed ever so slightly.  It was a ½ tone higher than normal and that lessoned the pressure feeling quite a bit!

                                        We were out in the woods last evening 5 miles from any roads (we were on old gravel roads) and the hum could be heard outside of our vehicle just as clear as day.  I need to check the pipeline and tower maps for that area.

                                        I was in West lafyette last week (M&T) and at the hotel over in Lafyette it didnt jump out at me to be Occurring. During the day was in a location with too many other noises. If it were bad, I think I would have noticed thou

                                        On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

                                        Here in bloomington IN it has been the loudest we can remember since it first started. Since i mostly hear it at home where we are away from traffic its hard to pinpoint a time but we noticed it 4/28-still going strong at 11pm on 4/30. I give up on a reason. It is way to random and doesn't seem to correlate to anything -- at my wits end.

                                        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

                                        > last night was the quietest HUM for over a year, I contacted a member of this group and let them know this fact, they too had noticed a dramatic drop last night. I won't post the locations or it may ruin the results here, but we are 60 miles part,a major waterway between us, different grid, different gas lines, different cell towers , so did anyone else experince a near zero hum last night mon pm/tue am ? maybe post city/town only, lets see if our HUMs are related!
                                        >
                                        > John

                                      • Margaret
                                        Message 19 of 25 , May 3, 2013
                                          Hi
                                          A different story in mid north coast of NSW Australia. It's been quieter since around 28th or 29th April. I'm with Dave - the underlying low hum never stops here either, but fluctuates greatly in intensity with other higher frequencies, vibrations and clicks added at times. Maggie

                                        • xyzxyz12311@ymail.com
                                          Message 20 of 25 , May 3, 2013
                                            My Hum went off last night, first time in a long time.

                                            central Manitoba