Re: The probable source of the HUM is sun spots

  • oscillate34
    Message 1 of 126 , Apr 9 1:28 PM
      Hello,
      I encourage all to watch the recently aired NOVA episode titled "Earth From Space", it is outstanding -> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/earth-from-space.html

      The subject is Earth science advancements through the use of NASA satellites. They cover solar flares and how the Earth's magnetic field protects us from them.

      What I found even more interesting is how these satellites are constantly sweeping the planet with radar (RF emissions) and several other sensing technologies spread across the visible and non-visible frequency spectrum. How's that for a potential source of the Hum?

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone, my name is John Beaman, I live in British Columbia Canada, I am a member of the Applied Science and Technologists of BC. I have heard the HUM since 1981 but have suffered different levels over the years depending on where I have lived. Lately the HUM has been very disruptive in my life.
      > Last week I was watching TV and they mentioned Sun spots/ Solar Flares may be interrupting Satellites so they are shutting some down, I thought to myself, that's a coincidence as the HUM is very loud lately, so I did some research to see if I could find a co-relation and here is what I came up with.
      > I found a Government web site with Solar Indices data on it, there are many different types of Solar Interference cause by Sun Spots, Geomagnetic Observed data made the best match.
      > I then needed a comparator, a list of data showing the HUM volume over the past 6 years is what I really needed but there is no such thing, especially as the HUM volume is subjective. A light bulb then went off, I had a eureka moment, maybe, just maybe I could use the Message History data on the Yahoo HUM Forum, after all, the louder the HUM the more people post so it is a virtual HUM volume record.
      > The resulting graph match was incredibly close. Using only the original data I have made two graphs that show that the HUM and Sunspots are unequivocally linked. One detail on the graph was a drop in postings during July/aug due to summer vacation, if I added 100 posts per month to these months the graphs were even closer in symmetry.
      > I also added trend lines to the graph, these trend lines are even more convincing as they are extremely close in waveform ( the gap between them does not mean anything, it is the shape that matters )
      > So there you have it, I believe it is Sun spots that is causing this inescapable nightmare.
      > I will post the graphs to this forum and to my website below
      > Regards
      > John
      >
      > Sunspot data
      > http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/weekly/RecentIndices.txt
      > http://the-windsor-taos-kokomo-hum.com/

    • Wayne Barto
      Message 126 of 126 , May 31, 2013
        Danyele....I am about 2 or a little more than 2 hours away from White and Van Buren counties.  I tell you what....if you hear the hum in those counties you know it is coming from the earth or the atmosphere itself because those areas are about as rural as you can get!!!

        About a month ago, I spent a weekend in Nashville which is 3 hours from where I live and I did not hear the hum once while I was there.  That was during a time frame when the hum was still quite loud here at my home....so go figure!!!