Re: Observations over a holiday weekend.

  • engineidler
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 3, 2013
      Hi Dee, I realise you were talking about your roof vent, I too thought it could be causing the hum at one time but I can hear the hum in other places that do not have vents ie my car, my shed, my garage, so I ruled out roof vents. Sorry if my last post was inprecise.

      John

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 3, 2013
        Hi,
        Im just trying to rule out anything in my home. I have read that hot water heaters can fill with alot of sediment at the bottom and can cause a low rumbling sound in the pipes that permeate in the house...I really want it to be something in my house,but my fear is that we are fighting a Goliath, like cell towers,RF waves and comunication and power companies. etc.

        Dee

        To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
        From: resuocs@...
        Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:31:44 +0000
        Subject: HUM_FORUM: Re: Observations over a holiday weekend.

> [...]

        > > 1) lower power consumption in the power grid.( lower line,transformer polution )
        >

        > > 2) lower celluar usage ( less wireless polution )
        >

        > > 3) lower air and/or sound polution from vehicles,home heating.
        >

        > > 4) less consumption on the natural gas grid.
        >

        > > Coupled with my sun theorey ( see graphs in the files section ) it is looking like the HUM has more than one ingredient, as stated many times by acedmics.

      • Tim Kramer
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 3, 2013
          The hum has quieted down a lot over the past couple of weeks for me here in Denver. Thank God!   I continue to believe that the hum is infrasound and in my case generated by Natural Gas Compressor stations.  My theory is with warmer weather the demand for natural gas is dropping and there is less of it being pumped through the pipelines.   I'm learning about infrasound because my hypothesis is most instances of hum are infrasound albeit generated form different sources.

          To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
          From: resuocs@...
          Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:31:44 +0000

> [...]

          > > 1) lower power consumption in the power grid.( lower line,transformer polution )
          >

          > > 2) lower celluar usage ( less wireless polution )
          >

          > > 3) lower air and/or sound polution from vehicles,home heating.
          >

          > > 4) less consumption on the natural gas grid.
          >

          > > Coupled with my sun theorey ( see graphs in the files section ) it is looking like the HUM has more than one ingredient, as stated many times by acedmics.

        • oscillate34
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 3, 2013
            Dee,
            An easy way to rule out something in your house is to switch off the main circuit breaker on your electric panel, and listen.

            My realization came during a power outage last fall. From that moment you're on a personal journey, 1) coming to terms with the reality that you're hearing it, 2) accepting that you're among a minority of people that are dealing with it, 3) finding ways to reduce the annoyance, and 4) learning how to cope without anger/anxiety.

            Understand that the people around you don't hear it, so if you talk about it expect strange looks, they'll think you're nuts. That's where this group helps, we've had these experiences and know how it feels.

> [...]
            >

            > > > 1) lower power consumption in the power grid.( lower line,transformer polution )
            >

            > > > 2) lower celluar usage ( less wireless polution )
            >

            > > > 3) lower air and/or sound polution from vehicles,home heating.
            >

            > > > 4) less consumption on the natural gas grid.

            > > > Coupled with my sun theorey ( see graphs in the files section ) it is looking like the HUM has more than one ingredient, as stated many times by acedmics.

          • oscillate34
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 3, 2013
              I don't agree that the hum is exclusive to being inside buildings, I've heard it outside in places where the ambient noise level is low. My observation was that I did NOT here it inside a stone walled building

                From: resuocs@...
                Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:31:44 +0000

> [...]

                > > 1) lower power consumption in the power grid.( lower line,transformer polution )
                >

                > > 2) lower celluar usage ( less wireless polution )
                >

                > > 3) lower air and/or sound polution from vehicles,home heating.
                >

                > > 4) less consumption on the natural gas grid.
                >

                > > Coupled with my sun theorey ( see graphs in the files section ) it is looking like the HUM has more than one ingredient, as stated many times by acedmics.

                Yahoo! Groups
                Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 4, 2013
                  Gas companies!  And the govt wants to push the living day lites out of systems without understanding this phenomena

                  To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
                  From: resuocs@...
                  Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:31:44 +0000

> [...]

                  > > 1) lower power consumption in the power grid.( lower line,transformer polution )
                  >

                  > > 2) lower celluar usage ( less wireless polution )
                  >

                  > > 3) lower air and/or sound polution from vehicles,home heating.
                  >

                  > > 4) less consumption on the natural gas grid.
                  >

                  > > Coupled with my sun theorey ( see graphs in the files section ) it is looking like the HUM has more than one ingredient, as stated many times by acedmics.

                • denise benedetto

                    From: resuocs@...
                    Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:31:44 +0000

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 5, 2013
                      I have no access to gas, have oil heat. The three lines that pass my area feed no one here. They do however feed all of New England and Long Island.
                      Lines within 10-20 miles can be a source.

                       I ask you check the "npms public viewer" and then let me know if any lines are in that range. NJ and PA are full of high pressure interstate transmission lines.

                      To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
                      From: resuocs@...
                      Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:31:44 +0000