Re: New file uploaded to humforum s207 w white noise 30min

  • oscillate34
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
      string,
      I transcoded your wma into an mp3 using "Super" (it's free, by eRight software) and uploaded it to the Files section. Not sure, but it appears to take awhile to get there... (Moderator?)

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Stringpickin" <stringpickin@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > volume so that it will
      > cause the hum to be negated. Personally I use the mute button at this point
      > to turn the sound on and off to see just how low I can adjust the volume to
      > allow
      > It to click off or negate the hum. Once I find that volume level I turn it
      > up just a bit more to make sure the hum doesn't sneak through. (I have found
      > that sometimes the volume
      > has to be higher depending on how strong the hum is at that particular
      > moment). So by turning it up just a hair more than needed at that moment it
      > will stop the hum from busting
      > through if it does its wavering thing.. Even at the worst hum moments I
      > have found this blocking sound-file is like honey to the ears after about 5
      > minutes no matter what the volume
      > has been so far...
      >
      > (note: you can even play this while watching TV or listening to music on a
      > separate system to completely hide the HumBlocker), although I have found
      > that
      > generally loud db levels of constant music or television broadcast sound
      > negates the hum on its own.. But with TV or music any time there are
      > momentary gaps in sound the "hum"
      > can and will announce itself.. so playing the humblocker in the background
      > while watching tv or listening to music will assure the hum never breaks
      > through..
      >
      > I am really amazed how at non-invasive the Humblocker is for me personally.
      > I can barely hear the 207 I have integrated with the white noise. It took me
      > quite a few
      > different attempts at mixing the correct balance of 207hz and white noise db
      > level to get this optimum mix. I find the volume level that is needed to
      > block the
      > hum is really quite amazingly low.. After about 3 minutes with the HUM
      > GONE,, the humblocker begins to fade in the back of my mind and sounds
      > basically like
      > a fan running in the background to me.. and off to sleep I go.. I am very
      > thankful for the insight I was given to try this out as it has been a real
      > help for me In coping with this
      > miserable hum..
      >
      > I hope that it does as much for you..
      >
      > String:
      >
      > I am going to be working on a few other HB sound-files such as I am going to
      > attempt to mix rain sounds/river sounds or maybe with actual fan and/or
      > central heating or cooling unit sounds with this file and see if that might
      > be. It seems so far though that a general good white noise background sound
      > is
      > really necessary to help hide the 207.. When I tried strait river or wave
      > sounds so far the 207 was easily heard. So my new attempts will most likely
      > be adding
      > these other sounds to this Humblocker I just downloaded.. We will see
      > though..
      > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

    • oscillate34
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
        My conversion of String's wma became a 7MB mp3 file(that's as small as I could make it) which is above the 5MB max that is allowed in the Files section.

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "oscillate34" <oscillate34@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > help for me In coping with this
        > > miserable hum..
        > >
        > > I hope that it does as much for you..
        > >
        > > String:
        > >
        > > I am going to be working on a few other HB sound-files such as I am going to
        > > attempt to mix rain sounds/river sounds or maybe with actual fan and/or
        > > central heating or cooling unit sounds with this file and see if that might
        > > be. It seems so far though that a general good white noise background sound
        > > is
        > > really necessary to help hide the 207.. When I tried strait river or wave
        > > sounds so far the 207 was easily heard. So my new attempts will most likely
        > > be adding
        > > these other sounds to this Humblocker I just downloaded.. We will see
        > > though..
        > > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

      • Stringpickin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
          I will give that software a go.. thanks..

> [...]

          > running in the background to me.. and off to sleep I go.. I am very
          > thankful for the insight I was given to try this out as it has been a
          > real help for me In coping with this miserable hum..
          >
          > I hope that it does as much for you..
          >
          > String:
          >
          > I am going to be working on a few other HB sound-files such as I am
          > going to attempt to mix rain sounds/river sounds or maybe with actual
          > fan and/or central heating or cooling unit sounds with this file and
          > see if that might be. It seems so far though that a general good white
          > noise background sound is really necessary to help hide the 207..
          > When I tried strait river or wave sounds so far the 207 was easily
          > heard. So my new attempts will most likely be adding these other
          > sounds to this Humblocker I just downloaded.. We will see though..
          > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

          1. The orientation of this forum is scientific, with everything that
          implies. Reasoned and articulate criticism of ideas and theories is
          welcome. Criticism of persons and personalities is unwelcome.
          2. The following are not allowed: personal attacks, gratuitous profanity,
          "kook" posts, and supernatural explanations.
          3. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.
          In general, no more than three per person per day.
          4. If you hear the Hum, please post your location at: