New file uploaded to humforum s207 w white noise 30min

  • Stringpickin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
      Hello my fellow humlings..

      I just uploaded a 30 minute 207 with white noise combination sound file in
      .wma format to the groups file section.. It is approx.. 4.5MB.. and runs
      approx.. 30 minutes.
      I think I will name it or files like this generally as a Humblocker for easy
      reference.. hey, maybe the HB.. lol..

      You can easily duplicate this file by using the copy command. I find that
      while playing the file that having multiple copies in the folder is less
      noticeable when the end
      of the track is reached and it has to re-play.. In other words I have found
      that having multiple files that play successively has less time in-between
      than when I simply
      Loop one file continuously and is less noticeable. If you would like a
      larger file I can send you a 2 hour and 16 minutes file through gmail that
      is approx.. 20MB.

      I have found that this file plays readily on the computer of course and also
      on my network media player that I have connected to my television/sound
      system in
      My living room as well.

      I am going to try to get a mp3 version of this made up for you as I know
      that many of you have mp3 players and it would be handy to have it.. I just
      need to find the
      Program that will allow me to do that..

      The way I use this file is:

      I have all other noise making things turned off. Of course the HUM is still
      humming after that is done.. Then I start the sound file and I adjust the
      volume so that it will
      cause the hum to be negated. Personally I use the mute button at this point
      to turn the sound on and off to see just how low I can adjust the volume to
      allow
      It to click off or negate the hum. Once I find that volume level I turn it
      up just a bit more to make sure the hum doesn't sneak through. (I have found
      that sometimes the volume
      has to be higher depending on how strong the hum is at that particular
      moment). So by turning it up just a hair more than needed at that moment it
      will stop the hum from busting
      through if it does its wavering thing.. Even at the worst hum moments I
      have found this blocking sound-file is like honey to the ears after about 5
      minutes no matter what the volume
      has been so far...

      (note: you can even play this while watching TV or listening to music on a
      separate system to completely hide the HumBlocker), although I have found
      that
      generally loud db levels of constant music or television broadcast sound
      negates the hum on its own.. But with TV or music any time there are
      momentary gaps in sound the "hum"
      can and will announce itself.. so playing the humblocker in the background
      while watching tv or listening to music will assure the hum never breaks
      through..

      I am really amazed how at non-invasive the Humblocker is for me personally.
      I can barely hear the 207 I have integrated with the white noise. It took me
      quite a few
      different attempts at mixing the correct balance of 207hz and white noise db
      level to get this optimum mix. I find the volume level that is needed to
      block the
      hum is really quite amazingly low.. After about 3 minutes with the HUM
      GONE,, the humblocker begins to fade in the back of my mind and sounds
      basically like
      a fan running in the background to me.. and off to sleep I go.. I am very
      thankful for the insight I was given to try this out as it has been a real
      help for me In coping with this
      miserable hum..

      I hope that it does as much for you..

      String:

      I am going to be working on a few other HB sound-files such as I am going to
      attempt to mix rain sounds/river sounds or maybe with actual fan and/or
      central heating or cooling unit sounds with this file and see if that might
      be. It seems so far though that a general good white noise background sound
      is
      really necessary to help hide the 207.. When I tried strait river or wave
      sounds so far the 207 was easily heard. So my new attempts will most likely
      be adding
      these other sounds to this Humblocker I just downloaded.. We will see
      though..
      Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

      Also..

      You can access this file at the URL:
      n.wma
    • engineidler
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
        Hi String, excellent work and excellent description/guidelines.

        John

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Stringpickin" <stringpickin@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > help for me In coping with this
        > miserable hum..
        >
        > I hope that it does as much for you..
        >
        > String:
        >
        > I am going to be working on a few other HB sound-files such as I am going to
        > attempt to mix rain sounds/river sounds or maybe with actual fan and/or
        > central heating or cooling unit sounds with this file and see if that might
        > be. It seems so far though that a general good white noise background sound
        > is
        > really necessary to help hide the 207.. When I tried strait river or wave
        > sounds so far the 207 was easily heard. So my new attempts will most likely
        > be adding
        > these other sounds to this Humblocker I just downloaded.. We will see
        > though..
        > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

      • oscillate34
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
          string,
          I transcoded your wma into an mp3 using "Super" (it's free, by eRight software) and uploaded it to the Files section. Not sure, but it appears to take awhile to get there... (Moderator?)

        • oscillate34
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
            My conversion of String's wma became a 7MB mp3 file(that's as small as I could make it) which is above the 5MB max that is allowed in the Files section.

            --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "oscillate34" <oscillate34@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > help for me In coping with this
            > > miserable hum..
            > >
            > > I hope that it does as much for you..
            > >
            > > String:
            > >
            > > I am going to be working on a few other HB sound-files such as I am going to
            > > attempt to mix rain sounds/river sounds or maybe with actual fan and/or
            > > central heating or cooling unit sounds with this file and see if that might
            > > be. It seems so far though that a general good white noise background sound
            > > is
            > > really necessary to help hide the 207.. When I tried strait river or wave
            > > sounds so far the 207 was easily heard. So my new attempts will most likely
            > > be adding
            > > these other sounds to this Humblocker I just downloaded.. We will see
            > > though..
            > > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

          • Stringpickin
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
              I will give that software a go.. thanks..

> [...]

              > running in the background to me.. and off to sleep I go.. I am very
              > thankful for the insight I was given to try this out as it has been a
              > real help for me In coping with this miserable hum..
              >
              > I hope that it does as much for you..
              >
              > String:
              >
              > I am going to be working on a few other HB sound-files such as I am
              > going to attempt to mix rain sounds/river sounds or maybe with actual
              > fan and/or central heating or cooling unit sounds with this file and
              > see if that might be. It seems so far though that a general good white
              > noise background sound is really necessary to help hide the 207..
              > When I tried strait river or wave sounds so far the 207 was easily
              > heard. So my new attempts will most likely be adding these other
              > sounds to this Humblocker I just downloaded.. We will see though..
              > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

              1. The orientation of this forum is scientific, with everything that
              implies. Reasoned and articulate criticism of ideas and theories is
              welcome. Criticism of persons and personalities is unwelcome.
              2. The following are not allowed: personal attacks, gratuitous profanity,
              "kook" posts, and supernatural explanations.
              3. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.
              In general, no more than three per person per day.
              4. If you hear the Hum, please post your location at: