Moderator??

  • Stringpickin
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 24, 2013

      I made a 12 minute 207/white noise blend mp4 to share with the group. Tried to attach it to the email and send but came back undeliverable..

      It is about 11MB..   can you tell me how I can get it to the group?

      Thanks

      String

    • douglas fleck
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 24, 2013
        I suggest posting it on YouTube!

        Share the link! Plus then it will be searchable! Put Hum sufferers in the title also.

        Just a thought!

        Douglas Fleck

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 25, 2013

          I can do that..  I suppose if anyone wants a .wma of the file they can email me personally and I can send it to them via gmail as they fairly liberal attachment size limits..

          I just found out though that the   .mp4 that I created will not play through my streaming device(oplay) to my tv..    So that means it won’t play on mp3 players as well..  So I am going to redo and make them .wma..  they will play on most anything.  If I find a simple way to convert those to mp3 then I may do that as well.. my video studio will not mix sound tracks to mp3.. unbelievable..  one would think that would be common stuff..

          I have been using the 207/whitenoise effectively now the last 2 nights..  it basically sounds like a fan running in the background and  you have to try very hard to hear the 207hz imbedded in it..  So all you have to do is turn it up loud enough where the 207 turns off the hum which means the white noise level does not have to be very loud at all..  my best fix so far.. personally..

          string

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 25, 2013
                So how does one post the video of my pool water  waves in the files section?

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 25, 2013
                  post the URL

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 25, 2013
                    posting files is very easy, go to files on the left ( must be logged in) see if there is a folder relavent to your topic , click on the folder, then upload file, if there is no relavent folder just upload file. Make sure your description is meaningfull.

                    Suzie, as part of my forte I made many mini youtube videos late last year and also helped Glen with search engine ranking on yahoo and google , we are in the first few results ( some #1) on yahoo,google,youtube when searching for "the hum" or "the hum map" "stange noise" and a few more. I also made some mini web sites. The purpose of all this was to direct lots of traffic to thehum.info and this forum. There are probably around 500 locations on thehum.info map in a few months so it seems to be working!

                    John

                    --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kohlhase <c_o_p_s_ne@...> wrote:

                    > So how does one post the video of my pool water  waves in the files section?
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Danyele
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 28, 2013
                      Sorry...just now catching up on emails - still have all the links to read. The hum is back in south central Indiana. Hearing it at my home and heard it for a short period of time in the Hoosier National Forest when in our car with not a bit of above ground machinery around for miles. With that said, BLESS YOU stringpicken for the noise file. While it doesn't get rid of the pressure in my ears feeling it completely erases the HUM sound. The pressure is EXTRA bad tonight. I just held my nose and popped my ears to see what it would do....made it less unbearable, but definitely still there. Tonight I will put my air filter and the 207/white noise file on and test that out. Here's to a good night's sleep!
                      PS-
                      Has anyone noticed that when holding one ear at a time closed you get the 'venous hum' which is sort of similar to the HUM? Just curious... Since I'm not the only one around here that can hear it, and we have tested ourselves with 'Do you hear it now?' to make sure we truly are hearing the same thing (while throwing in a 'Do you hear it now' when we actually do not hear it for better testing) I know for a fact it is external and not an internal sound.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 30, 2013
                        Back in Marco FL and absolutely no hum. Slept till 11 (by mistake because its beautiful outside). Holding true over trips here in the last year.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 30, 2013
                          So when are ya movin'? *&lt:-P party

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 31, 2013
                            After the battle and the lottery