Re: HUM_FORUM: John Beaman is now a Hum Map Editor (and two theoretical issues)

  • sandnella
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2013
      Interesting article.......

      Extremely low frequency continue to be an essential communications system to support strategic and tactical submarine forces (ELF).  The Russians have a 82hz ELF transmitter and the US 76.  USA & Russia both transmit in the ELF band.  VLF & ELF bands are only a little part of the totally communications directed from submarines...Ground bases, aerial stations & satellites are all involved.  Signals are received round the world.  Some signals are unidentified at 26 & 74 hz.

      Transmitters in the 20hz range are also found in pipeline inspection gauges. known as PIGS.

      Some radio hams record ELF signals from very large homemade antennas and play them back at higher speeds to catch natural fluctuations in the Earth's electromagnetic fields.  Increasing the playback increases the pitch, so that it is brought into the audio frequency range.  Elf waves also naturally occur in the region between the ionosphere and the surface.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 23, 2013
        Glenn,
        I completely agree with you about the importance of Issue #1. I think
        we all wonder what exactly changed in our ears/hearing around middle age
        that enabled us to suddenly sense the Hum? And the corollary: What. if
        anything, can be done medically to reverse it?

        Finding the source of the Hum becomes somewhat of a hollow victory if
        nothing can ever be done to relieve the discomfort it causes.

        My Thanks to you and everyone else in this Group for all of your
        efforts, and keep on investigating!

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Glen MacPherson <glen.macpherson@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 23, 2013
          The problem, hearing is only one sensation occurring. Everyone exposed is effected. We may be finding ways in this little group to cope, but what about the millions who havent a clue why their  bodies and minds are getting scrambled. This phenomena must be exposed and dealt with. And those hums that are man made, must be found.