Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: The probable source of the HUM is sun spots

    Message 1 of 126 , Mar 18, 2013
      Ok. For me, as you would expect, is a timeline on FERC's NE-07 Northeast Project. Timing of major pipeline projects for 2 separate system companies here included new mainline compression , first phase cross over link between systems and other operational changes finished dec 31, 2008. Probably gradually put on line to supply 2nd larger new crossover gas compressor to supply NYC and LI 3rd Qtr 2009. Hum started 3rd qtr 2009

      On Mar 18, 2013, at 2:49 PM, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:

      Hi Steve, I was looking for more like corelation research, not personal experience per se. Maybe these dates relate to high national hydro usage, major earthquakes,new cellular technology, major national pipeline trunks coming online,huricane season, etc.etc. I have been looking at solar activity, time of year ( seasonal activity ) , hemisphere activity, basically anything to corroborate the Solar Theory.

      John

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Copsne <c_o_p_s_ne@...> wrote:

      > I would never had a reason to participate on hum sites before the fall of 2009. And there could be dozens of reasons why I started and stop, then start posting. Unfortunately the devil is in the details and that takes allot of time to dig through
      >
      > Sent from Steve's iPhone and I appologize for typo's
      >
      > On Mar 17, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "engineidler" <resuocs@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I looked at monthly HUM post totals , 2005 is particularly interesting as it has the highest number of posts, the following months are 100% to 300% more active than the average of 150/mth. 2005 was 1/2 way down the sunspot cycle. It is not much use going back and looking at the posts, we can assume members are posting because they hear the HUM that day/week/month. I have spent days searching for an answer, maybe member sleuths can help out with some searching for a possible reason/corealtion - that may lead to the HUM source!
      > >
      > > 2005 ,Jan,feb,may,june,oct
      > > 2006 ,Jan, nov
      > > November 2006 was the all time high with 604 posts which is 400% more than the average ,Nov is a high month for most years -this has to mean something to us.
      > >
      > > John
      > >
      > > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "engineidler" <resuocs@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > After re-reading Prof. Deming's paper, I looked more closely at HUM reportings , historically there has never been an instrument to detect the HUM so we rely on verbal reports per Prof Demming's paper. Two dates in the Paper stood out for me,
      > > > 1) The oldest and most frequent reports have been from the United Kingdom. These reports may go back as early as the 1940s and 1950s
      > > > 2) Reliable and widespread reports of the Hum date from the early 1970s. In 1970, a letter published in the New Scientist complained of a humming noise ``only heard inside buildings.
      > > > After the 1970's there are numerous reliable reports of the HUM
      > > > Continuing on my theory of Global warming "enabling" the HUM I checked a NASA Global temp graph and sure enough, the two dates above are represented as being above the anomaly zero line. If we had HUM forum membership numbers/mth I bet they would match the rate of rise in the graph also.
      > > > Please note I did not make this graph nor annotated it, and, as usual, I am only interested in trending due to the nature of the Data.
      > > > John
      > > >
      > > > http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/Fig.A2.gif

    • Wayne Barto
      Message 126 of 126 , May 31, 2013
        Danyele....I am about 2 or a little more than 2 hours away from White and Van Buren counties.  I tell you what....if you hear the hum in those counties you know it is coming from the earth or the atmosphere itself because those areas are about as rural as you can get!!!

        About a month ago, I spent a weekend in Nashville which is 3 hours from where I live and I did not hear the hum once while I was there.  That was during a time frame when the hum was still quite loud here at my home....so go figure!!!