Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: gas compressor stations

    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 14, 2013
      Found the plant on Google.  It's huge.

      From: "vanderhaden@..." <vanderhaden@...>
      To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:48 PM
      Subject: HUM_FORUM: Re: gas compressor stations

      Varnell, GA, just north of Dalton, Ga, the carpet capital of the World. Lotza machine noise from the carpet mills, but most of the mills are way south of Varnell. There's some kind of huge power plant off the south bypass, on Loopers Bridge Rd., that makes an amazing amount of noise for folks that just live in the area. Everyone can hear it when you drive by, but that's more than 20 miles south of here, probably about 30 miles. It's got a large solar installation there, but IIRC someone said it's got natural gas plant near there also, but I don't know for sure about that. You probably are right about those bullets being propane. They are way off the street, behind the cemetary, in a fenced off lot.