Re: HUM_FORUM: Hum stopped when the cold weather arrived

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2013
      Hmm, got any gas lines near you there?

      From: inspiredmac2000 <inspiredmac2000@...>
      To: humforum@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:37 PM
      Subject: HUM_FORUM: Hum stopped when the cold weather arrived

      Here in Oakville, Ontario the hum disappeared around mid November and hasn't returned. It'll be interesting to see if it comes back with the return of warm weather in the spring.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14, 2013
        I observed it about a month ago in Guelph near 401.  Not extremely intense, but absolutely the hum, inside my rental car off to the side of the road.

        Here in Oakville, Ontario the hum disappeared around mid November and hasn't returned. It'll be interesting to see if it comes back with the return of warm weather in the spring.

      • oscillate34
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
          Hi,
          New member to the group and I have the opposite situation, the hum has become progressively louder since last fall. I'm in NY's Mid-Hudson Valley region near Lake Taconic State Park, halfway between Hudson, NY and where the NY/CT/MA borders intersect. I'd like to find out if there are gas lines running nearby, does anyone know where there is a map that shows where they go?

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
            I live in Brookfield CT and do go to your area mapping the hum on gaslines. Gone as far as Docer Furnace. Outdated map can be found on the NPMS public Viewer. If I am right , you are near the Iroquois line that is in my neighborhood and proven as a high intensity emitter of Low freq and likelt infrasonic sound

            Let me know your town for the map.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
              Hi Steve,
              Thanks for replying, appreciate it very much. I'm located in the town of Taghkanic, NY very near to the interchange of the Taconic Parkway and state Route 82.

              I've been attributing the hum's source to cell tower radiation, and this weekend I found these sites that are urging people to file replies to the FCC by March 6, 2013...

              http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=news&action=view&type=newsitem&id=5895

              http://www.emrpolicy.org/news/action/index.htm

              I'm going to file one, figure it doesn't hurt to cover all possible sources.
              Thanks again!

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
                Steve,
                You're right! NPMS for Columbia County, NY shows a gas pipeline running very near by, only 3.5 miles west of me. It enters Columbia County from the west near the City of Hudson, runs due south past me, and continues on down through Dutchess County, NY where it splits several ways, including an eastward branch into CT right towards you.
                Thanks!