Re: gas compressor stations

  • Bart
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 12, 2013
      Vanderhaden....check out this link and scroll down to the 2nd page:

      http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/natural_gas/analysis_publications/ngcompressor/ngcompressor.pdf

      Has anyone ever overlaid this map of compressor locations with the reported hum locations map? It looks like there might be some correlation with each other, but I am not sure. Pardon me if this has already been done....

      Wayne

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "vanderhaden@..." wrote:

      > Copsne,
      >
      > Is there a map that shows gas compressor stations in the USA?

    • Adrian Flynn
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 12, 2013
        What about the path of the pipelines?
        If the hum starts in the pump stations then I think it would tend to follow the pipelines also.

        Adrian

        On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Bart <wfbarto@...> wrote:

        Vanderhaden....check out this link and scroll down to the 2nd page:

        http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/natural_gas/analysis_publications/ngcompressor/ngcompressor.pdf

        Has anyone ever overlaid this map of compressor locations with the reported hum locations map? It looks like there might be some correlation with each other, but I am not sure. Pardon me if this has already been done....

        Wayne

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "vanderhaden@..." wrote:

        > Copsne,
        >
        > Is there a map that shows gas compressor stations in the USA?

      • engineidler
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 12, 2013
          Looking at the US compressor map and Glen's web site map it is easy to see a few US States that line up due to NO/FEW compressors and NO/FEW hum reports.

          Washington
          Montana
          South Dakota
          Missouri

          John
          Langley
          BC

          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 13, 2013
            Wayne use the station map with my map in the files section of Identifiable hum locations correlated to the EIA gasline map. My map with newly found points from numerous forums was just updated last nite. You'll need to overlay the station locstions.
            Keep in mind though, the station may be the generator and a localized point source, but the lines are the more expansive problem, weirdly, they are radiators of intense Lfn/ilfn inaudible sound waves over long distances affecting most of us. Also, keep in mind that hundreds of new stations (including lines) have been installed ( and being installed) and put into operations since these EIA base maps published

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 13, 2013
              Ps there is a 2009 map. This link is old

              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 13, 2013
                What town?

                BTW we have no Nat gas distributed in our area in CT.  Multiple lines just pass thru to elsewhere.
                Those bullets may be some type LNG or propane

                On Feb 13, 2013, at 2:17 PM, "vanderhaden@..." <vanderhaden@...> wrote:

                Thanks for the map links. Pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

                Within 4 mile radius of our house we have a "depot" of several of those above ground torpedo looking gas tanks, which are located right at the railroad lines, and there's a creek crossing right there. Looked on the gas line map and we are surrounded in a triangle type config of those lines with an opening to the northwest. Also have 230 KV TVA power lines about a mile from the gas tank "depot". And several "cellphone" towers in this 4 mile circle also, not to mention the broadband paraphernalia on all the regular power lines everywhere here.

                No natural gas piped into our sundivision, however.

                Had a head cold a couple weeks ago. Did take some regular asprins and the hum went away during that time while I was taking the asprins. Experienced rushing/roaring white noise instead of the regular Hum. But the Hum came back with a vengeance last week when that storm was raging in the Northeast. The vibrations have been nauseating my guts. It was all powerful and terrible last night. So far today, it's not too bad, is at tolerable levels so far, Hum and gut vibrations. Have had the non-stop vibrations in feet for years, since about 2007. Had started hearing the Hum during the year before that, as best I remember.

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 13, 2013
                  Use my map. Glens is still developing and doesnt have many hum areas reported in yet.  You'll get a whole better picture

                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 13, 2013
                      The answer is yes, the lf/ilf sound waves travel in the pipelines. Its called a wave guide. LFN, has been found to travel up to a hundred miles in lines. They use it to detect leaks, in a constructive way. Unfortunately for us its destructive. If with help from experts, we may also find other sound generating mechanisms in the gas flow itself.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 14, 2013
                    Thanks, I recently put new points from Pictoblu for this area on to the map I just reposted.  Your explanation helps clear up some questions why hum there and no lines shown on teh 2009 EIA map.  V are you Pic?

                    If not I'll add your points to my data base as new reports.  You might be inteerested int eh database for the points on the map (attached).  Hopefully Glen can take advantage of the work

                    Theres probably more than a thousand hours gone into chasing and collecting hum location data from so many forums, personal interviews and observations put into the data base.  I am sure some bogus points, but not enough to matter.

                    Thanks
                    Steve

                    Varnell, GA, just north of Dalton, Ga, the carpet capital of the World. Lotza machine noise from the carpet mills, but most of the mills are way south of Varnell. There's some kind of huge power plant off the south bypass, on Loopers Bridge Rd., that makes an amazing amount of noise for folks that just live in the area. Everyone can hear it when you drive by, but that's more than 20 miles south of here, probably about 30 miles. It's got a large solar installation there, but IIRC someone said it's got natural gas plant near there also, but I don't know for sure about that. You probably are right about those bullets being propane. They are way off the street, behind the cemetary, in a fenced off lot.

                    Message 10 of 21 , Feb 14, 2013
                      Found the plant on Google.  It's huge.