Re: HUM_FORUM: Here I am to join your ranks as a fellow hearer

  • lidia1313
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 10 5:11 PM
      To support Steve about the LFN produced by natural gas compressor stations, here is a link to a video:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW4zSayf9O4

      Another Hum source (did you notice the actual noise from those machines?).

      These stations are not only huge noise and vibration generators but accumulators of static electricity in the range of several thousands volts! Now, there is a thing to ponder upon. As a Hum sufferer, I have started gathering static electricity in my body more than anyone else around. Not to mention that in days of high Hum activity going to the local grocery shop turns a big challenge - I get constantly hit by those shocks by touching anything on the metal shelves, and feel the Hum vibrations under my feet! Although all my symptoms (some like in RF sickness, but some also like in VAD) point to an EMF sourced Hum, I agree that there could possibly exist other sources (all man-made).

      Someone from the old forum has mentioned getting an interesting report by an amateur physicist, showing that the Earth's natural resonance is being periodically interrupted by an unknown source - a high amplitude and frequency "bullet". Sounds very intriguing, but I know nothing more of it. In addition, my observations in the nights/evenings when the Hum is at its peak, there is a strange "microphonic" effect, as if there are strong bursts of energy, inducing vibrations and increasing all other sounds - on such occasions the trains would be heard from the distance as a deep ground shaking rubmle (and in quiet days there is no rumble at all from the trains - 300m away from home). I would hear my neighbour from the flat below snoring as if he is in the same room, all amplified as if through a microphone (not to mention - not a sound of my neighbour when the Hum is low)! The Hum energy gets other sounds amplified as through a speaker!
      The Hum seems to embed or infiltrate into all other electrical appliances at home - the fan of my laptop would become much louder, with a Hum note, same for the electric water heating radiator units, which would start buzzing and shaking from the motor, and the ventilation in the bath would start on its own and keep on until next day (not able to switch it off by myself). Therefore the masking noise from a fan would not work to muffle the Hum, on the contrary, it will become an annoyance, a mere Hum repeater. On such nights whenever I look down to the neighbours' house on the opposite side of the street, their photocell front door light would go on and off every few seconds, without anyone passing by! Does all this have something to do with geomagnetic pulsations at the given moment? Can infrasound cause these disturbances? A strong EMF?

      Right now it snows, after more than 48 hours rain - and the Hum has been pretty nasty with waves of vibrations felt on my chest, in my legs, feet and fingertips (the Hum also gets through the laptop keyboard as heating, tingling and vibration feeling, but I feel this only in strong Hum days or nights).

      The only thing which seems to block successfully the Hum noise and to stop the pressure on my head and ears, is the noise from passing overhead aircrafts, only is they fly quite low - I feel great alleviation and for short the burden of the Hum has been taken off my head completely.

      The rain somehow seems to increase the Hum energy, and it has been observed by many Hum hearers. Rain drops can be charged with static electricity, but that's a main Hum component...

      P.S.
      I have read another interesting report from the old Taos Hum page.
      "I may be completely wrong here, but here is my take on the Taos Hum thing: If a person is playing a wind instrument, like a flute or recorder, and blow too hard, that instrument will play a different note than intended. The science of accoustics calls the intended note a "fundemental" and the note that sounds when the instrument is overblown is called a "partial" or "overtone." Overtones exists in all sounds in the world. Without them everything would sound the same!!! They occur in all sounds, not just those created by musical instruments. I believe that the hum is caused by a special piece of machinery that emits a sound so low that it is beyond the human range of hearing, but is so loud that the overtones (which are in the range of human hearing) can be heard at surprising volumes in some situations. This would explain several things: The laws of acoustics are so complex that it is possible for the overtones to ring out at different times and be more conceivable in different areas. This device might be relatively common, and probably generates power of some kind."
      Dustin Swanson <drswanson@...>
      Greenbelt , MD USA - Sunday, April 26, 1998 at 11:54:24 (PDT)
      Lidia

      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 11 10:36 AM
        Hi Lidia. With all the snow on the ground in CT this weekend The hum was very strong in the home, actually causing constant headache which I normally do not get. Not sure snow, or just a period of high intensity. The interesting thing asked of me a couple times was what about outside. In my yard and about town the hum was noticeable outside everywhere I went. Normally never heard like this. It has been very rare for me to sense it outside, unless I bend my head upside down (working in yard)

      • Tim Kramer
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 12 12:32 PM
          Please see page two for gas compressor station locations.  Not specific enough, but its the best I've been able to find so far.

          On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM, vanderhaden@... <vanderhaden@...> wrote:

          Copsne,

          Is there a map that shows gas compressor stations in the USA?

        • Bart
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 12 1:07 PM
            Vanderhaden....check out this link and scroll down to the 2nd page:

            http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/natural_gas/analysis_publications/ngcompressor/ngcompressor.pdf

            Has anyone ever overlaid this map of compressor locations with the reported hum locations map? It looks like there might be some correlation with each other, but I am not sure. Pardon me if this has already been done....

            Wayne

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 12 3:24 PM

              V this is probably so under stated as it is from 2008 and many new systems added since.  Many of these systems have been modififed in operations since all was quiet. The 2 behind me, and the new ones in Oxford CT and Milford CT not shown.  I'll be posting an updated hum map tonite with over 40 new hum locations.

              Steve
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 12 4:15 PM
                I have checked the UK map, I live 20-25 miles in a strait line from the end of a high pressure gas pipeline, and more than 30 miles from the stretch of it.

                Map can be seen here:
                http://www.nationalgrid.com/uk/LandandDevelopment/DDC/GasElectricNW/gaspipes/
                The gas compressor stations are 23 for the UK, but not shown on any map available to public.

                I still think that my Hum has an EM source. Been to an island with no gas pipelines and heard the Hum near the power lines and the poles.
                It proves that at least 2 different sources of the Hum may exist.
                BPL (see also Zigbee) is a variation of the widespread technology for wireless surveillance, Z-wave communication. I have felt on many occasions the Hum vibrations coming as a pulse through some of my chakras, whenever I stand next to such a surveillance device (like the ones from ADT security systems). Anyone similar experience?

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 12 4:22 PM
                  The map of the gas compressor stations in the USA is impressive! The amount of static electricity accumulated should not be neglected (and the LF noise, of course).

                  --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kohlhase wrote:

                  > http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/natural_gas/analysis_publications/ngpipeline/compressorMap.html
                  >
                  > V this is probably so under stated as it is from 2008 and many new systems added since.  Many of these systems have been modififed in operations since all was quiet. The 2 behind me, and the new ones in Oxford CT and Milford CT not shown.  I'll be posting an updated hum map tonite with over 40 new hum locations.
                  >
                  > Steve
                  >
                  > ________________________________

                • Adrian Flynn
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 12 5:45 PM
                    What about the path of the pipelines?
                    If the hum starts in the pump stations then I think it would tend to follow the pipelines also.

                    Adrian

                    On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Bart <wfbarto@...> wrote:

                    Vanderhaden....check out this link and scroll down to the 2nd page:

                    http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/natural_gas/analysis_publications/ngcompressor/ngcompressor.pdf

                    Has anyone ever overlaid this map of compressor locations with the reported hum locations map? It looks like there might be some correlation with each other, but I am not sure. Pardon me if this has already been done....

                    Wayne

                    --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "vanderhaden@..." wrote:

                    > Copsne,
                    >
                    > Is there a map that shows gas compressor stations in the USA?

                  • engineidler
                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 12 8:04 PM
                      Looking at the US compressor map and Glen's web site map it is easy to see a few US States that line up due to NO/FEW compressors and NO/FEW hum reports.

                      Washington
                      Montana
                      South Dakota
                      Missouri

                      John
                      Langley
                      BC

                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 13 8:36 AM
                        Wayne use the station map with my map in the files section of Identifiable hum locations correlated to the EIA gasline map. My map with newly found points from numerous forums was just updated last nite. You'll need to overlay the station locstions.
                        Keep in mind though, the station may be the generator and a localized point source, but the lines are the more expansive problem, weirdly, they are radiators of intense Lfn/ilfn inaudible sound waves over long distances affecting most of us. Also, keep in mind that hundreds of new stations (including lines) have been installed ( and being installed) and put into operations since these EIA base maps published

                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 13 8:37 AM
                          Ps there is a 2009 map. This link is old

                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 13 3:09 PM
                            What town?

                            BTW we have no Nat gas distributed in our area in CT.  Multiple lines just pass thru to elsewhere.
                            Those bullets may be some type LNG or propane

                            On Feb 13, 2013, at 2:17 PM, "vanderhaden@..." <vanderhaden@...> wrote:

                            Thanks for the map links. Pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

                            Within 4 mile radius of our house we have a "depot" of several of those above ground torpedo looking gas tanks, which are located right at the railroad lines, and there's a creek crossing right there. Looked on the gas line map and we are surrounded in a triangle type config of those lines with an opening to the northwest. Also have 230 KV TVA power lines about a mile from the gas tank "depot". And several "cellphone" towers in this 4 mile circle also, not to mention the broadband paraphernalia on all the regular power lines everywhere here.

                            No natural gas piped into our sundivision, however.

                            Had a head cold a couple weeks ago. Did take some regular asprins and the hum went away during that time while I was taking the asprins. Experienced rushing/roaring white noise instead of the regular Hum. But the Hum came back with a vengeance last week when that storm was raging in the Northeast. The vibrations have been nauseating my guts. It was all powerful and terrible last night. So far today, it's not too bad, is at tolerable levels so far, Hum and gut vibrations. Have had the non-stop vibrations in feet for years, since about 2007. Had started hearing the Hum during the year before that, as best I remember.

                            Message 13 of 21 , Feb 13 3:11 PM
                              Use my map. Glens is still developing and doesnt have many hum areas reported in yet.  You'll get a whole better picture

                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 13 3:20 PM
                                  The answer is yes, the lf/ilf sound waves travel in the pipelines. Its called a wave guide. LFN, has been found to travel up to a hundred miles in lines. They use it to detect leaks, in a constructive way. Unfortunately for us its destructive. If with help from experts, we may also find other sound generating mechanisms in the gas flow itself.

                                Message 15 of 21 , Feb 14 3:58 AM
                                Thanks, I recently put new points from Pictoblu for this area on to the map I just reposted.  Your explanation helps clear up some questions why hum there and no lines shown on teh 2009 EIA map.  V are you Pic?

                                If not I'll add your points to my data base as new reports.  You might be inteerested int eh database for the points on the map (attached).  Hopefully Glen can take advantage of the work

                                Theres probably more than a thousand hours gone into chasing and collecting hum location data from so many forums, personal interviews and observations put into the data base.  I am sure some bogus points, but not enough to matter.

                                Thanks
                                Steve

                                Varnell, GA, just north of Dalton, Ga, the carpet capital of the World. Lotza machine noise from the carpet mills, but most of the mills are way south of Varnell. There's some kind of huge power plant off the south bypass, on Loopers Bridge Rd., that makes an amazing amount of noise for folks that just live in the area. Everyone can hear it when you drive by, but that's more than 20 miles south of here, probably about 30 miles. It's got a large solar installation there, but IIRC someone said it's got natural gas plant near there also, but I don't know for sure about that. You probably are right about those bullets being propane. They are way off the street, behind the cemetary, in a fenced off lot.

                                Message 16 of 21 , Feb 14 4:21 AM
                                  Found the plant on Google.  It's huge.