News at www.thehum.info

  • Glen MacPherson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2013
      I haven't posted for a while. Sometimes things like chopping firewood
      and making dinner chew up the clock!

      News: Twitter feed: @worldhummap, Facebook group "The World Hum", and a
      news and research blog at www.thehum.info

      There was some brief friction between myself and some members of the
      Windsor-Essex Hum Facebook group. Evidently they were perturbed that I
      recalled the history at Kokomo, where industrial activity was
      presupposed to be the source of the Hum. Indeed, some equipment was
      generating LF and infrasound noises, and that machinery was corrected.
      And the Hum continued. I left the Facebook group after making my point.
      I hope that a few of them subsequently took the time to learn a bit more
      about the issue. Even if Zug Island is completely to blame (which I find
      unlikely), the population of Windsor must obviously empathize with us.

      I've read some of the reports of Windsor residents, and I have no doubt
      that some of them hear the Hum, as we loosely understand it, and as I
      experience it. I admit to some frustration that the research team being
      deployed around Windsor appears to be interested in acoustic phenomena
      only. That is, they are bringing out their best sound recording
      equipment. And yes, they will no doubt locate Zug Island as a large
      source of low frequency sounds and infrasound. I predict that then will
      come a long, draining, and unsuccessful attempt to shut down or
      significantly dampen industrial activity there. As much as I think this
      impacts Canadian sovereignty, Zug Island is a critical piece of state
      industry; it isn't going anywhere or shutting down soon. Some machinery
      will be adjusted, there will be a noticeable reduction in the
      complaints, and the press will move on quickly. And the Hum will
      continue, just as in Kokomo. So will the industrial noise.

      So, being a stubborn type, I will push ahead with the basic
      electromagnetic/acoustic experiments that beckon. Those experiments,
      suggested by Professor David Deming, can be done as quickly as I can
      take the time to gather the materials and then construct the devices.
      Thus far the work is completely unfunded.

      I am motivated to get to the bottom of it.

      Glen