Re: HUM_FORUM: I post this info for those interested in BPL /power lines as a source of the Hum

    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 23, 2013
      Thanks Lidia.  Obviously a very passionate person trying to make a difference.

      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 23, 2013
        To All Concerned,
         This is some of the current information on BPL/BOPL in the United States. Our infrastructure is currently not in good enough shape in a lot of areas of the country to handle BPL and/or the Smart Grid at this time. This is widely known and discussed. This is going to be a major effort to revamp all of our existing infrastructure to handle this kind of system nation wide. We are not equipt for this and likely will not be for several years at a minimum. The general consensus is that it costs too much to implement the system and it is not comeptitive enough price wise for the consumer to choose to use BPL instead of other technologies that are refily available. Add to that the reality that BPL causes a lot of interference with Amature Band Radio and some other technologies that those groups, industries, and users have banded together to fight it's implementation. There is a large opposing force in the country against the nation wide implementation of BPL/BOPL. It's not likely to come back full force at all now.
         Below you will find some pertinent current facts about the places where BPL has been attempted here in the USA.
        Suzie
        • United States: As of July 2010, the City of Manassas, VA has shut down their BPL deployment, which was the largest in the country.
        As of April 2007, Motorola has shuttered its Powerline LV Access BPL and reportedly plans to re-purpose the technology to a new system called Powerline MU, which is for use within multiple-unit dwellings. Motorola's system uses only residential-side low-voltage power lines for transmission to reduce the antenna effect, and successfully demonstrated frequency-notching for reduced potential for interference over the Amperion Inc. and Current Technologies LLC systems. Motorola invited the American Radio Relay League to participate with these tests, and even installed the Motorola system at their headquarters. Preliminary results were very positive with regard to interference, because the Motorola system does not use BPL on the powerlines leading up to the neighborhood. The BPL carrier is only used for the last leg of the trip from the pole to the house, and gets the signal to the pole via radio. This limits the interference to the area surrounding the last leg to the house.
        • The following other BPL deployments in the US are dismantled as of May 2008:
        LocationElectric providerEquipmentService providerReference (if not )
        AL, Hoover (and other cities)Southern CompanyVarious
        AZ, CottonwoodArizona Power Systems (APS)Mitsubishi
        CA, Menlo ParkPacific Gas and Electric (PG&E)Main.net
        CA, RosemeadSouthern California Edison (SCE)Current Technologies
        CA, San DiegoSan Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E)Various
        CT, SheltonUnited IlluminatingAmperion
        FL, GracevilleWest Florida Electric CooperativeAscom
        FL, MiamiFlorida Power and LightAmperion and Main.net
        GA, DouglasvilleGreystone PowerMitsubishi
        GA, Young HarrisThe Sphigler GroupMain.net
        HI, HonoluluHonolulu Electric CompanyCurrent Technologies
        IA, Cedar RapidsAlliant EnergyAmperion
        ID, BoiseIDACorpVarious
        IN, LibertyWhitewater RMEMCCorinex
        MD, HughesvilleSouthern Maryland Electric CompanyCurrent Technologies
        MD, PotomacPEPCOCurrent Technologies
        MN, RochesterRochester Public UtilitiesMain.net
        MO, Lees SummitAquilaAmperion
        NC, RaleighProgress EnergyAmperion
        OH, CincinnatiDuke EnergyCurrent Technologies
        NY, Penn YanPenn Yan Power and LightAmperion
        PA, AllentownPennsylvania Power and LightMain.net and Amperion
        TN, FayettevilleFayetteville Public UtilitiesGrid Stream
        TX, DallasOncor Electric Delivery CompanyCurrent
        TX, AustinAustin Electric EnergyCorinex
        TX, FlatoniaBroadband HorizonsUnknown
        TX, WeimarFayette Electric CooperativePowerWan
        VA, RoanokeAmerican Electric PowerMitsubishi
        WA, WenatcheeHeights, Chelan County PUDGridstream

        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 24, 2013
          West Lafayette is an hour and 45 min south of here at least. It also has a major river running throug it, which I do not have here. Just FYI. If you do go there let me know what you find.
          Suzie

          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 24, 2013
            Yes Lidia,
             It started agian several months ago and I notified the forum at that time. It was not present for over 4 months as I recall (I'd have to go back and check to make sure of the actual length of time). It's been going every day since! As I said before, I gear no "white noise" at all here, but I will see if I can record something to see if it shows up on the recording. It is only very light right now and very  much in the background.
            Suzie

            Thanks, Suzie, that is interesting. You mentioned before that the Hum stopped in your area in April 2012. But since when has it started again? It never stops here (except, as I can recall, for the Remembrance Day 2012).

            Please note that the white noise I am referring to can be heard mostly from digital camera recordings, though I can hear it as well. Victor Nixon referred to this white noise as leaks of microwave frequency. It was registered by my camera coming from the pole, same as in my bedroom. It is all explained in the "Hum Busted" (parts 1 to 4). In part 4 it reads:

            "Unfortunately, B-PLC/BPL has a microwave frequency component that is
            attached to the emission on collision with the power sine wave. It is
            also contained in the Hum when caused by B-PLC/BPL installations. So,
            not only do you hear the Hum, you also get sick from a dose of
            microwave frequency – It's known as Power Density – how long you can

          • lidia1313
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 24, 2013
              Suzie,
              The info of the BPL deployment on the Wikipedia is not relevant. They have not updated it for a very long time and there is a huge part of missing information. Many other counrties that run BPL are not even mentioned there. For BPL deployment in other countries, you'd better look at Amperion website. They are the ones that boost with new deployment. It is curretnly deployed worldwide, but the power companies deny it, and this is the most sinister part.
              Have you read the tribute to Vicor Nixon?
              And yes, please do some recordings and send them to me. Thanks,
              Lidia

              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 24, 2013
                I wouldnt miss an opportunity to report out

                  Message 7 of 29 , Jan 25, 2013
                    I'm curious, if BPL is the cause, how can the hum be heard where there is no technology for hundreds of miles? Also, why would it stop for months at a time?
                    Suzie

                    Message 8 of 29 , Jan 25, 2013
                      And also it was posted here a few weeks ago that it was heard deep inside a cave(s) by many, far away from any BPL I would have thought.

                      Message 9 of 29 , Jan 27, 2013
                        Lida- Have you heard back from Hugh Witherington.  If he is still around I would like to exchange ideas with him.

                        Thanks, Suzie, that is interesting. You mentioned before that the Hum stopped in your area in April 2012. But since when has it started again? It never stops here (except, as I can recall, for the Remembrance Day 2012).

                        Please note that the white noise I am referring to can be heard mostly from digital camera recordings, though I can hear it as well. Victor Nixon referred to this white noise as leaks of microwave frequency. It was registered by my camera coming from the pole, same as in my bedroom. It is all explained in the "Hum Busted" (parts 1 to 4). In part 4 it reads:

                        "Unfortunately, B-PLC/BPL has a microwave frequency component that is
                        attached to the emission on collision with the power sine wave. It is
                        also contained in the Hum when caused by B-PLC/BPL installations. So,
                        not only do you hear the Hum, you also get sick from a dose of
                        microwave frequency – It's known as Power Density – how long you can
                        stay in an antenna's transmission range and remain healthy. Because
                        the power line leaks B-PLC/BPL microwave frequencies it (the power
                        line) is now classed as a transmitting antenna by the IEEE worldwide."

                        Lidia

                        --- In mailto:humforum%40yahoogroups.com, Soozie wrote:

                        > IPALCO is in Indianapolis, yes. Indianapolis is 3.5 hrs south from me. They are not my electricity provider and do not service this area at all. I guarantee that there is no BPL in this area of the country at all even as of 2012!
                        > Suzie
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • lidia1313
                        Message 10 of 29 , Jan 27, 2013
                          Steve, I will try to contact him and will send his email to you.
                          Lidia

                          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kohlhase wrote:

                          > Lida- Have you heard back from Hugh Witherington.  If he is still around I would like to exchange ideas with him.
                          >

                          > ________________________________

                        • lidia1313
                          Message 11 of 29 , Jan 27, 2013

                            Those reports for Hum heard in the wilderness cannnot be taken for granted as
                            there are many missing details. It would be a valuable information to know such
                            details as, was the Hum heard outside or inside a building (even a secluded
                            cabin); if it was outside, was the person who heard the Hum in any proximity to
                            HV transmission power lines (they cross the mountains and are basically
                            everywhere), what was the terrain, current weather; if it was in a cave, was the cave lit by electricity?

                            The Hum has a strong infrasonic component, able to travel miles and miles
                            without any attenuation; from BPL emissions such main component is 11 Hz (and
                            not only this). This energy penetrates everything on Earth - from humans and
                            animals to rocks and caves, even water. If the RF emissions could be partially
                            stopped, like reported, by Stetzer filters (not proven and tried by me), the
                            infrasonic and ELF component cannot be stopped by anything.

                            For those whose Hum has dissapeared temporarily, it may be possible that
                            something in the transmission lines has been changed or that their hearing
                            threshold was no longer within the Hum range at the time, as the Hum's intensity
                            and pressure levels can vary. It would be also interesting to know whether
                            during the Hum and in absence of the Hum they have experienced feet or body
                            vibrations.

                            I remember another report of someone trekking in the mountain who heard the Hum,
                            but it was near a lake and a microwave transmission mast. There are reports from
                            people whose Hum dissapeared after moving away (at least 5 miles in a radius)
                            from any mast, but all these need more evidence and details to help the Hum
                            investigation.

                            And yet, who could explain why I have heard the Hum outside on a few occasions
                            (in 2 different countries, not in the UK), from 1 meter to approx.30 metres away
                            from the overhead HV and MV Power lines? In one case, after hearing the Hum
                            outside, I experienced whole body vibrations, outdoors, 30 to 50 m from the HV
                            power lines, on an island with no gas pipelines, industry or airport. No one
                            esle around me could hear the Hum (supposedly they were no Hum hearers). This
                            was the Hum, it was not the mains hum or the buzz from the power lines which can
                            be heard with no effort by anyone and recorded on any camera. Just my 2 pence.

                            Regards,
                            Lidia

                            --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Soozie wrote:

                            > I'm curious, if BPL is the cause, how can the hum be heard where there is no technology for hundreds of miles? Also, why would it stop for months at a time?
                            > Suzie
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • Arne
                            Message 12 of 29 , Jan 27, 2013

                              For the Ontario report (Quetico Provincial Park): On the edge of a lake (hard to get away from them there), no transmission lines within 50 miles, no cell towers, no microwave towers, no power lines, no buildings (including cabins), no powered boats, no power sources, no roads, no railroads (proscribed by Canadian law).  Heard anytime there was no wind or rain (ie., no background noise).

                              Arne

                              Central MN USA

                              From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lidia1313

                              Message 13 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
                                Lidia,
                                 As one who has had the hum stop for months at a time, I can tel you that i ahve never had body sensations, neither when I can hear the hum nor when it is not being heard.
                                Suzie

                                Those reports for Hum heard in the wilderness cannnot be taken for granted as there are many missing details. It would be a valuable information to know such details as, was the Hum heard outside or inside a building (even a secluded cabin); if it was outside, was the person who heard the Hum in any proximity to HV transmission power lines (they cross the mountains and are basically everywhere), what was the terrain, current weather, etc.

                                Message 14 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
                                  Thank you Arne!

                                  From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lidia1313
                                  Message 15 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
                                    In teh last couple days I think I feel feet tingles in bed.  Hopefully a figment of my imagination.  But the hum has beed very bad in here in CT

                                     As one who has had the hum stop for months at a time, I can tel you that i ahve never had body sensations, neither when I can hear the hum nor when it is not being heard.
                                    Suzie

                                    Those reports for Hum heard in the wilderness cannnot be taken for granted as there are many missing details. It would be a valuable information to know such details as, was the Hum heard outside or inside a building (even a secluded cabin); if it was outside, was the person who heard the Hum in any proximity to HV transmission power lines (they cross the mountains and are basically everywhere), what was the terrain, current weather, etc. The Hum has a strong infrasonic component, able to travel miles and miles without any attenuation; from BPL emissions such main component is 11 Hz (and not only this). This energy penetrates everything on Earth - from humans and animals to rocks and caves, even water. If the RF emissions could be partially stopped, like reported, by Stetzer filters (not proven and tried by me), the infrasonic and ELF component cannot be stopped by anything. For those whose Hum has dissapeared temporarily, it may be possible that something in the transmission lines has been changed or that their hearing threshold was no longer within the Hum range at the time, as the Hum's intensity and pressure levels can vary. It would be also interesting to know whether during the Hum and in absence of the Hum they have experienced feet or body vibrations. I remember another report of someone trekking in the mountain who heard the Hum, but it was near a lake and a microwave transmission mast. There are reports from people whose Hum dissapeared after moving away (at least 5 miles in a radius) from any mast, but all these need more evidence and details to help the Hum investigation. And yet, who could explain why I have heard the Hum outside on a few occasions (in 2 different countries, not in the UK), from 1 meter to approx.30 metres away from the overhead HV and MV Power lines? In one case, after hearing the Hum outside, I experienced whole body vibrations, outdoors, 30 to 50 m from the HV power lines, on an island with no gas pipelines, industry or airport. No one esle around me could hear the Hum (supposedly they were no Hum hearers). This was the Hum, it was not the mains hum or the buzz from the power lines which can be heard with no effort by anyone and recorded on any camera. Just my 2 pence. Regards, Lidia --- In mailto:humforum%40yahoogroups.com, Soozie wrote: > > I'm curious, if BPL is the cause, how can the hum be heard where there is no technology for hundreds of miles? Also, why would it stop for months at a time? > Suzie > > > ________________________________ > From: "vanderhaden@..." > To: mailto:humforum%40yahoogroups.com > Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:36 AM > Subject: Re: HUM_FORUM: I post this info for those interested in BPL /power lines as a source of the Hum > >   > > > Thank you for those links, Lidia. Wireless Broadband with it's microwaves being beamed at us all the time is just not good enough for "them." Since its deployment in my area, the Hum and the Vibrations have gotten so much worse. My dog scratches at the power outlets on the walls sometimes. I wish I could buy a trap to filter that BPL/PLC poison from getting into my house. Something like CATV co.'s used to use to filter premium channels from those who didn't want to pay extra for them. > > BPL /PLC is more death tech, IMO. It's already been scrutinized by the Ham operators and they come back with a big "NO" about it. From what my limited research about it came back with is that it is being pushed Big Time by governments worldwide. > > BPL/PLC's and Smart Meters (should be called Murder Meters) go hand in hand. They "talk" back and forth. They will control every piece of electrical/electronic equipment in your homes, your lives. > > Here are some more links > http://web.archive.org/web/20080517022435/http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/BPL-leave-behind.pdf > http://www.stopthecrime.net/BPL.pdf > http://ieee.cincinnati.fuse.net/BPL_slideshow.pdf (some pictures of equipment on power poles/lines in this) > http://www.arrl.org/broadband-over-powerline-bpl > http://www.arrl.org/files/file/bpl/BPL-BCM-ComplaintFolo1204.pdf > http://www.arrl.org/interference-from-bpl-systems > http://www.arrl.org/selected-articles-about-bpl-and-smart-grid > http://www.arrl.org/bpl-companies-and-organizations > http://www.broadband.gov/ > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6sYD3C0jo8 > http://www.lbagroup.com/blog/now-theres-bpl-a-new-radio-interference-source/ > > Those who poo-poo BPL/PLC as possible Hum source, well, whatever. >
                                  • jewelergirl
                                    Message 16 of 29 , Jan 31, 2013
                                      Hi Lidia,

                                      Nice name, I named my daughter that (with a y). Thanks for your info on BPL. I had never heard of it before. I've been looking for clues as to why I keep hearing this hum. I looked at page 22 of your link and noticed that the only place in GA, where I live, was coweta-fayette EMC. I live next to Yates power plant in coweta county. Well, actually, I live South of two of the Georgia Power Co. power plants, within miles. I moved back here in 2004 but I have only been hearing this since about 2010 or 2011. I hear it most in the mornings and afternoons about 3 to 5. One curious thing I've noticed is that when I hear it, my garage door opener doesn't work. I have brushed this off as some weird ear thing because I can make myself stop hearing it if I blow my nose and adjust my jaw just right. Sounds weird, but I think if I unclog my Eustachian tubes, that seems to make the sound go away momentarily, not for good. How can I find out more info on BPL in my area? I don't want to just on the bandwagon as a crusader or anything, but if this is affecting my health and the health of my family, I'm keen to learn more.

                                      Thanks!

                                      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "lidia1313" wrote:

                                      > The Hum is coming from the power lines and the BPL. If you don't
                                      > believe me, make an experiment, go to a quiet place with overhead power
                                      > lines and listen next to them, you will hear the Hum as clear as you
                                      > hear it in your home! If you make a recording, you will hear the white
                                      > noise (all the radio frequencies this mess creates), a blueprint of the
                                      > Hum. Make a recording in your own home, and the white noise will be
                                      > there, the same as next to the power lines. This white noise so far is
                                      > the only recordable by audio means component of the Hum.
                                      >

                                      > There may be still the Hum from the gas pipelines (and I believe that
                                      > many suffer from it) – couple this Hum with the Hum from the BPL and
                                      > the noise inferno is complete.
                                      >
                                      > I post this information for all those willing to explore further BPL as
                                      > a source of the Hum.
                                      >

                                      > BPL was around for quite some time, previously seen in use as PLC. It
                                      > uses the same principles and technology. What is BPL/PLC? - IEEE
                                      > Cincinnati Section

                                      QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieee.cincinnati.fuse.net%2FBPL_slideshow.pdf&ei=p\
> [...]
                                      >

                                      > Small RTU Concept in Smart Grid for Broadband over Power Lines (BPL)
                                      >
                                      > http://events.moxa.com/zones/active_ethernet_io/rmna/App_014RTU_BPL.html

                                      l>

                                      > STOP BPL! (BPL deployment in different countries)
                                      >

                                      > http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~vk5vka/bplworld.htm
                                      >
                                      > Money trumps security in smart-meter rollouts, experts say
                                      > (For map of USA Smart Grid)
                                      >
                                      > http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20007672-245.html
                                      >
                                      > Welcome to Powerline Technologies
                                      > http://www.powerline-technologies.com/
                                      >

                                      > The picture on this website shows the BPL equipment on the power lines.
                                      > I have taken a similar picture of the power lines where I heard the Hum.
                                      > The white/brown/no –matter- how- you- call -it NOISE can be recorded
                                      > by any digital camera and heard by anyone. But this noise is creating
                                      > the Hum (sorry to repeat). How exactly, you can read here:

                                      ubject:%22The+Hum+Busted+-+Part+4%22> (by Victor Nixon)
                                      > http://www.mail-archive.com/hum-sufferers@.../msg02846.html

                                      l>

                                      > VICTOR NIXON WAS THE LATEST HUM (BPL) VICTIM.
                                      >

                                      > We have been guinea pigs for quite a long time. The proof:
                                      > Microwave-Induced Pressure Waves in Mammalian Brains
                                      > http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=4121631&url=http%3\
                                      > A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D4121631

                                      3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D4121631>

                                      > MICROWAVE HEARING PATHWAY
                                      >
                                      > http://test.beperkdestraling.org/Studies%20en%20Rapporten/Tinnitus/Micro\
                                      > wave%20Hearing%20Pathway.pdf

                                      owave%20Hearing%20Pathway.pdf>

                                      > Lidia

                                    • lidia1313
                                      Message 17 of 29 , Jan 31, 2013
                                        Hi, Jewelgirl,

                                        You are right about the Eustachian tubes - it may be some kind of disfunction that makes us prone of hearing the Hum, as after my last visit to the ENT, I had twice insufflation (was recommended at least 7-10 times) of the ET and was Hum-free for several hours, also my balance improved a lot! Have you checked your ears recently? My ear drums were retracted because of the strong Hum pressure level I had to bear for several months.

                                        I don't know where you can check about the BPL in your area, but you may check if you have Smart grid in your area - it is based on the same principle of the BPL and PLC.

                                        You can also go to Google forum and explore old messages posted by Victor Nixon (Vic). He was on the BPL track. Sadly, he passed last year and could not finish the legal battle he had to stop "this thing".

                                        Regards,
                                        Lidia