Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: Scientists Track Down Source of Earth's Hum.....

    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 17, 2013
      I can also say the Hum in State College PA is the same, with even more conviction.  I think the point here is whenever any of us goes to areas we know others are reporting a "hum", we take advantage of being there to start bringing some commonality between regions.

      On 2013-01-17, at 4:28 PM, Copsne <c_o_p_s_ne@...> wrote:

      Member from Guelph

      I was in Guelph last nite and at the hotel on Imperial near Turtle Jacks the hum was faint, but might could be building stuff. It did sound like a calm hum here in CT for whats it worth.

      Then today on way to airport stopped car, engine off at a spot near route 6 (hanlon highway) and Rt 34. In the car the hum this afternoon was very apparent and very similar to a mild CT hum.

      My opinion, same hum

      Steve

      On Jan 15, 2013, at 4:28 PM, Copsne <c_o_p_s_ne@...> wrote:

      I'll be in Guelph soon,  if I sense it I'll give my opinion of the characteristics
      On Jan 15, 2013, at 1:49 PM, "Danyele" <dcottrel@...> wrote:

      Certainly a possibility. I can't think of any barotrauma I have experienced in the last few years, but it could definitely explain some folks hum. We just need to see if we are really all talking about the same thing. Appoint 1 person to fly around the world testing all of our hums. Not me!
      :)

      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 29, 2013
        Havent had a hearing test. But, I will check out again on a return to Guelph in a few weeks. The hum is exactly the same in State College PA. (Penn State Unv), Bergen County NJ as well as 50 miles from Danbury Ct to Hartford Ct.

        On Jan 28, 2013, at 11:21 PM, "caledonhum" <caledonhum@...> wrote:

        As per locations mentioned by Steve and Sandra, I drove to both of them; Imperial near Turtle Jack's Guelph and Hwy 6 / Wellington Rd 34 on the south end Guelph (Ontario). I stopped several times and I could hear the hum while in my car with the engine off. It sounds just like my hum in Caledon Village, Ontario when I pull up my driveway and stop th car. This confirms we are hearing the same thing in the same locations.

        P.S. I noticed there were hydro transmission lines running along Hanlon Hwy 6 on the east side.

        P.S.S. I posted my hearing test results from Jan. 10, 2013 in the photos section of the forum. It would be nice to see other results posted to see if we have similarities. For example my lower frequency hearing is above what is considered normal/average (25 dB) whereas my higher frequency drops below the norm. Unfortunately audiologists don't have the equipment to measure anything below 125 hz, as anything less than that is not considered to be within the 'normal' hearing range. It seems to me if they expanded the range of hearing tests to measure from 0 hz up to the usual 8000 hz, the data might provide a more accurate depiction of the number of people who can hear the hum.

        Caledonhum