We need three Board of Directors for the Canadian Low Frequency Noise Research Association

  • Glen MacPherson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 5, 2013

      I have started the paperwork for the Canadian Low Frequency Noise Research Association, a non-profit society that will be registered in British Columbia, Canada.  The Board will comprise myself and three other members. The main purpose of the Board is to solicit, approve, and provide funds for low frequency researchers, myself included.

      Directors must be identified by their full name and physical address. Hearers tend to be a cautious crowd, and may of them hesitate to reveal their full names on the internet. I am used to being a public figure and being held accountable for my public and private behaviour. I know that I invite spam and the occasional oddball email by being public, but that's a sacrifice I make. It seems to me that the more public and serious we become, the better protected we are from being marginalized or manipulated.

      In my view, it would be ideal to have at least one Director from The United States and one from Europe/Great Britain. I very much would like to see a Director have the following:

      Meantime, while I wait for confirmation from the Province, I will be adding a PayPal button the map website so that we can raise funds for two upcoming experiments. More to follow.

      Glen

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
          Steve.

          Regarding pipelines; I try to listen without prejudice to all points of view. I know you've written a lot on this topic, but because I need to make hard choices about how I spend my time (teacher and father), I know that I would really benefit from an executive summary of what you know about the topic. You will have noticed that most journal articles provide an abstract (as does Deming's paper). Usually 200 words is more than enough, and 150 words even better. An executive summary should include the major claims, and should refer to the major sources of evidence and methods used to arrive at the claims. If possible, I'd like a very quick explanation of what exact mechanism you think or suspect creates the Hum.

          If the summary looks reasonable, I would then ask - before I make a major investment in time - for an explanation of how pipelines answer how the Hum first appeared roughly around 1970 in England, and then around 1990 in the States. (I realize that these dates are not precise). The Hum has started suddenly in some places, and stopped suddenly in others. These facts are not in serious dispute, and therefore any explanation that cannot account for these facts will not suffice.

          I look forward to hearing from you.

          Cheers

          Glen

        Message 4 of 14 , Jan 12, 2013
          I'll be in Guelph soon and will try to take a few minutes to sense for the hum