Re: 50 new map plots today around Seattle

  • soultheorem1111
    Message 1 of 42 , Dec 12, 2012
      Hi Glen,
      I've been hearing The Hum in North Seattle intermittently since 2008 (we've email corresponded previously), so I've been interested in the the 'West Seattle Hum' ever since the West Seattle Blog started reporting it.
      From what I've ascertained, the tone of the West Seattle Hum is more akin to the 'strange sounds' videos on YouTube - a medium-pitched modulating frequency - and not the low-pitched 50-60 hertz Hum. The 50-60 hertz sound might be in there, but I have not been fortunate enough (unfortunate enough!?) to hear the 'Seattle Hum in person. This YouTube video has a great mp4-sound link to the 'Seattle Hum:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8dTHcbwPf4

      CalPortland has just completed their noise-reducing upgrades so it will be very interesting to find out what happens with the 'Seattle Hum!
      http://westseattleblog.com/2012/12/the-hum-followup-calportland-installs-second-silencer-hopes-thats-the-fix

      Cheers!
      Ben

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Glen MacPherson <glen.macpherson@...> wrote:

      > Hi.
      >
      > I discovered, yet again, an annotated Google hum map, this time for the
      > Seattle area. I reviewed the plots, and then imported them into our map.
      >
      > I am certain there are more Google Hum maps out there. Please help
      > locate them, evaluate their credibility, and send me the url, please.
      >
      > My goal is to have 500 map points by Christmas.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Glen
      >
      > Please spread knowledge about the map at www.thehum.info

    • tofinosurfer
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 1, 2013
        Excellent.

        You can either email me or use the Report button on the website.

        Cheers

        Glen