The Hum on Wikipedia

  • Glen MacPherson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
      Hi.

      I've done some editing on the wikipedia page
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum).

      We need people to add to and edit the following sections:

      Under the "Possible Explanations" section, we could some (balanced and
      sober) information on:
      High pressure gas lines
      Smart Meters
      The Electric Grid
      BPL
      Haarp
      Tacamo
      Cell phones

      The "Media Coverage" section is inadequate; we need information on
      Hueytown, Alabama; Seattle, WA; Victoria, BC (Deming's paper has the
      original press sources).

      Cheers

      Glen

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2014
          Does anybody else think that the Wikipedia page for The Hum could use an update in a couple of sections? Google sends people there first when they search for "the hum". Be bold; go add and/or edit.

          Cheers

          Glen
        • Pangaban1
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2014
            Yes, totally. When I cross-reffed  the Wiki link  in my letter to the foreign ministry official,  Mr Bairn, in Canada I felt a bit let down by the weakness of the Wiki information. I've tried several times to include South Africa's hum but ~hiss~  my updates/edits on the site never survive. If anyone knows how to edit the Wiki page, please add South Africa. Thanks, Lisle

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9, 2014
              To add information to a Wikipedia page, and have it remain (ie, not be deleted), the additions need to include one or more footnotes that link to "notable" independent sources. See this linked page, and look for links (on the right side) to more information:

              "Wikipedia: Identifying reliable sources"

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Identifying_reliable_sources

              JD