Re: HUM_FORUM: Sound Replication [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
    For me the ear sensation approaches the aeolian feelings of the hum.  But other than that, not too similar, including the prominent frequency around 70hz vs my 40hz.  The actual hum is far more harsh and deeper penetrating. If your interested see the FFT of the hum at level 6 with and without the playback.

    I think this is a really good effort.  If you could somehow replicate the sound patterns of the screen shot without Inspiredmac pattern, that might bring it closer to what I experieince in my travels.

    Steve

    Message 2 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
      This toneis horrific and for those of you that hear this I am truly sympathetic. You truly are suffering! This is not like my hum!
      Suzie

      From: Kevin Hawthorne <skybluepony@...>
      To: "humforum@yahoogroups.com" <humforum@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, November 9, 2012, 1:14 AM

      Yup. Really really close. Add a little pulsation and that's it.

      Message 3 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
        I agree that the volume varies a lot during the 24 hour day.
        Suzie

        Message 4 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
          I also agree that  "it does not become inaudible between the hours of 11pm and 5am for me. No apparent pattern of intensity nor loudness in my area. It's unpredictable, so far." Totally large point!!!  No apparent pattern of intensity nor loudness!

          Suzie

          From: Inspired Mac <inspiredmac2000@...>
          To: "humforum@yahoogroups.com" <humforum@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Friday, November 9, 2012, 3:02 PM

          Message 5 of 12 , Nov 11, 2012
            It's 4:20AM and there has been no hum here, for whatever it's worth......
            Suzie