Sound Replication

  • Inspired Mac
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 159 KB
    I took some time today with an audio program to create a replicate of the humming sound I've been hearing for the past two weeks. The twenty second .mp3 file is attached. Is this similar to what anyone else is hearing?
  • Kevin Hawthorne
    Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
      Yup. Really really close. Add a little pulsation and that's it.

      I took some time today with an audio program to create a replicate of the humming sound I've been hearing for the past two weeks. The twenty second .mp3 file is attached. Is this similar to what anyone else is hearing?

    • Pictoblu
      Message 3 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
        Same here. Very close to the main Hum I hear, but it pulsates, a lot of the time. Not a continuous stream, usually.

        Message 4 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
          Two other observations of late. The volume of the hum can vary from day to day (and even during the day), and it seems to be almost inaudible between the hours of 11:00 pm and 5:00 am.

          The comments concerning the pulsing of the sound are accurate. I couldn't replicate that effect with the limited knowledge I have about my audio software.
        • Pictoblu
          Message 5 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
            Similar here, except that it does not become inaudible between the hours of 11pm and 5am for me. No apparent pattern of intensity nor loudness in my area. It's unpredictable, so far.

            Message 6 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
              This is "almost" exactly what it sounded like to me when I first started hearing it. Then it changed over time.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWoGH9Ioykk&feature=channel&list=UL
              (
              VERIZON DSL/WI-FI NOISE POLLUTION AND NATIONAL GRID'S DIRTY POWER: RF TOONS PART I)

              Seems like it has mellowed out a bit, over time, probably having permanently damaged parts of my body. The data noise that accompanies the main hum in this audio/video example has gotten a lot louder for me in the past 2 years, even having moved away from metro Atlanta and into a much less populated area in the mountains. It's barely audible, but I did hear it periodically thru the vid.

              Don't expect any help from anyone other than tips from this group, and possibly others, on how to deal with it.  The thugs in the US Congress passed a law back in 1996 making it illegal for public speakers to discuss it. Then in 1999 they passed another law holding telecom companies harmless for any detriment they cause.

              I know that the noises in this example will Not be the same noises that are heard by everyone here, but I'm willing to bet that many will relate to it, at various volumes. Try listening with various volume settings. And to be perfectly honest about it, I don't think this example is all encompassing of what I am hearing, just a piece of the puzzle.

              Saw you there, Steve in CT. here:  http://www.topix.com/forum/city/livermore-ca/TC9EHJTCF0GDSOGQU  Gotta love the conversation.

              Now this part of that conversation, Aug 10, 2012, where the guy says:
              It is unbelievable and loud enough that it wakes me everynight at Apx 3:00 am  you wouldn't believe how many people I know who say this same thing about being awakened at 3am. People all over the USA that I have known for several years. All are saying this same 3 am thing, yet we are all in different time zones. What the heck?

              All the best...
            • lidia1313
              Message 7 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
                Here is the personal story of a man who managed to overcome his RF "electrosensitivity":

                http://www.electrical-sensitivity.info/

                It's worth giving a try, especially if this thing is not going to stop soon! Big money talk, and our voices are muffled by their greedy corporations...

                The Hum here in Teddington was very quiet for 5-6 days, before recommencing again two days ago. In the quiet period there were little or no vibrations, and there were no helicopters or airplanes performing "shaving" flights over our residential area.

                If there was a time machine, I would escape living 2000 years ago...:)

                Message 8 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
                For me the ear sensation approaches the aeolian feelings of the hum.  But other than that, not too similar, including the prominent frequency around 70hz vs my 40hz.  The actual hum is far more harsh and deeper penetrating. If your interested see the FFT of the hum at level 6 with and without the playback.

                I think this is a really good effort.  If you could somehow replicate the sound patterns of the screen shot without Inspiredmac pattern, that might bring it closer to what I experieince in my travels.

                Steve

                Message 9 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
                  This toneis horrific and for those of you that hear this I am truly sympathetic. You truly are suffering! This is not like my hum!
                  Suzie

                  Message 10 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
                    I agree that the volume varies a lot during the 24 hour day.
                    Suzie

                    Message 11 of 12 , Nov 10, 2012
                      I also agree that  "it does not become inaudible between the hours of 11pm and 5am for me. No apparent pattern of intensity nor loudness in my area. It's unpredictable, so far." Totally large point!!!  No apparent pattern of intensity nor loudness!

                      Suzie

                      Message 12 of 12 , Nov 11, 2012
                        It's 4:20AM and there has been no hum here, for whatever it's worth......
                        Suzie