Re: HUM_FORUM: Why the Reluctance to join Lasse's New Hum Forum?

  • Lasse No
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 31, 2012
      >> I tried it, Lasse's new humsound forum, and I did not like it.

      That is NOT my forum. I only started it because people was asking me to do so. If the new forum does not last very long, I will not be disapointed. It's all Hum sufferers forum. It's your loss, not mine. I only wanted to help. If you want me to close it, I'll do it in 5 minutes...

      >> It's not open to the public. You cannot simply call up the website and read. Have to sign in and so that in itself is a hindrance to any new person seeking information.  I found it to be a controlled and contrived place and absolutely not for me.

      The new forum is open to all. The reason for registering is that I don't need to approve every message being posted. The only way this forum is controlled is by refusing to aknowledge any weird theory picked up from conspiracy websites. Those theories will only damage Hum sufferers credability. If you don't like the new forum, stay with the old one.

      >>No need for a forum that is controlled by someone who, by his own admission, does not hear any Hum.

      I thought that the Hum forum, either this or the new one was open to the public, hum sufferer and non-hum sufferers. I thought everyone interested in the subject was welcome.

      >> Good luck with your low freq interests, LassE. May God will bless you and may you will begin to hear the Hum really soon!

      I don't need to be blessed by God, I'm already blessed, with two children a wonderful wife. That enough for me.

      I'm lucky not hearing hum, but that does not make me less interested in helping others in any way that I can.

      Lasse

    • Arne
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 31, 2012

        And yet, the only person in this group that has researched the hum using a scientific approach is also a non-hearer, with an irreproachable, applicable academic background.  We are very lucky to have him.

        I suspect you do not know most of the members’ full names either.

        Arne

        Central MN USA

        From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sandra Shultz

        Pictoblu,

        I concur.......Joining a forum and not knowing the full name of the founder , where he's located (city) , and on top of that.....he doesn't hear the hum.....is just not for me also.  Some people will blindly join anything for help.

        Sandra in USA

      • Sandra Shultz
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012
          Lasse,

          Are you Lasse Laseren ?  Founder of " Private Music Radio Club via gmail " and " Ultra Cheap SDR Group "  of Yahoo Groups ?

          From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sandra Shultz

          Pictoblu,

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012
            I have noting to do with the Private Music Radio Club, but I am a member of the Ultra Cheap SDR Group.

            My presentation is found on the new forum. There are 676 members of this forum and I only know the full name of a very few and I have no confirmation if all are hum hearers. I don't know who is the founder and admin of this forum, neither his full name or if he is a hum hearer.

            If you folks don't approve a non-hum hearer to help you, you will have some really serious problem since probably 95% of all people that are able to help or support you are non-hum hearers.

            I hope this message is posted on the forum. In any case I save a draft.

            Lasse

            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012
              Thank you Lasse for responding.  Full names are not needed unless someone wants to start a Forum. Then we would like to know who they are .....Hope that's not asking too much.  If you can locate the cause of the HUM......Wonderful!  Of course non-hearers can post .

              I hope the HUM never finds you....Be well.

              Sandra

              I have noting to do with the Private Music Radio Club, but I am a member of the Ultra Cheap SDR Group.

              My presentation is found on the new forum. There are 676 members of this forum and I only know the full name of a very few and I have no confirmation if all are hum hearers. I don't know who is the founder and admin of this forum, neither his full name or if he is a hum hearer.

              If you folks don't approve a non-hum hearer to help you, you will have some really serious problem since probably 95% of all people that are able to help or support you are non-hum hearers.

              I hope this message is posted on the forum. In any case I save a draft.

              Lasse

              --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra Shultz" <sandnella@...> wrote:

              > Lasse,
              >
              > Are you Lasse Laseren ? Founder of " Private Music Radio Club via gmail "
              > and " Ultra Cheap SDR Group " of Yahoo Groups ?

            • Pictoblu
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012
                The question was asked, Why the reluctance to join Lasse's hum forum.

                I answered your question. I gave you my opinion which is based on my experience since I did join the thing.

                It is common knowledge that Dr. Curry, who does not hear The Hum, was hired to research the Kokomo Hum and has published his results, which are mentioned in Dr. Deming's research paper.  Dr. Curry is a Credentialed Professional.
                http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_18_4_deming.pdf

                Anyone else who does not hear the hum is more than welcome to do all the research that they care to do regarding The Hum. I know that I am not alone when I say that everyone appreciates the research and if anyone can come up with Something New, Super!

                If there is a point in time when Everyone Hears The Hum maybe we'd get somewhere with finding out its source(s) and maybe even stop it.

                Elsewise, any kook off the street can start a forum and preach to the world that they are the one who has the power to determine what does not cause the Hum and what does cause the Hum.  That's what is laughable, to me.

                BTW, when I first joined here I put my full name, health situation, and general location.  I'm not going to repeat all that in every communication to this group.
                It's in the archives.

                  From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sandra Shultz

                  Pictoblu,

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012
                    Steve,  I have taken your research very seriously and have followed the pressurized gas lines here in my area of North GA. The Hum is really LOUD in areas where the lines begin and where they terminate. Various degrees of Hum in between.

                    From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sandra Shultz

                    Pictoblu,

                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012
                      Need to tie it into the impact on mother nature. Like I believe I have stumbled onto while researching side issues of increased unexplainable devastations in mother nature as the hum has expanded in the 2000's as these happenings (and increases in unexplained human health issues) have seemed to coincide with.  And yes the locations fit hum reports (a few at least) and pipeline locations.

                      When one Researchs the effects of lfn and ilfn on the creatures the peices fit  warranting immediate research considering this revelating pptential answer. How many of us have reported changes to coyote habitats in areas of newly occurring hum and all we hear is habitat intrusions, to convienient.

                      We need eatablished, interest groups to get interested and excited. Then we'll get money and study. Because its obvious The human, not so important

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012
                        While I appreciate people trying to help us figure it out. I find Lasse's use of the word "force"interesting. It makes me feel as though I am considered some kind of lesser person because I am willing to consider concepts that are not scientifically documented yet. Things become scientifically documented after they are considered worthy of the effort of study, not before. You can't scientifically prove something that has not yet been studied, and you choose to study something because you ascertain that it might be fruitful, and you set out to prove that. You must first consider even that which has not been studied as well as that which has been studied to decide which direction you want to go. To discount anything that's a possibility simply because it has not been proven is an ignorant closed minded approach in my opinion.
                         Suzie

                        I tried it, Lasse's new humsound forum, and I did not like it.

                        It's not open to the public. You cannot simply call up the website and read. Have to sign in and so that in itself is a hindrance to any new person seeking information.  I found it to be a controlled and contrived place and absolutely not for me.

                        I have no problem following the topics here. I have no unread emails from this group. After first reading I save the emails that I care to examine further and delete others that don't interest me.

                        Anything that I need to go back over is readily available using the search function. Everything has already been said here. No need for a forum that is controlled by someone who, by his own admission, does not hear any Hum.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012

                          My concern is whether the tools you are using can actually detect sound in the 50-80 Hz range (or lower).  You have not stated the frequency response of your “external microphone”.  You stated you have a Radio Shack HD Gigaware.  I can’t find something with that name, but there is a Radio Shack Gigaware mic (33-119).  That one does have a frequency response as low as 30 Hz, but I can’t find a curve.  An FFT analysis of input from a microphone incapable of measuring frequencies below 100 Hz cannot possibly provide valid results below 100 Hz, unless you are somehow analyzing harmonics.  And without knowing the characteristics of the original “sound”, you would not be able to determine if you could even detect harmonics.

                          And then there is the question of the rest of the system.  Can the sound card provide an accurate representation of the input audio?  Is the analog-digital conversion appropriate for the system?  Does the FFT software adequately transform the digital input in that range?

                          I don’t doubt that you have anecdotal evidence to do a scientific investigation, but these are the concerns I would have.  I’ve been burned too many times in my 35+ year engineer career with inadequately documented “studies”.  Without more data, I’m skeptical of your measurements.  Sorry.

                          Arne

                          Central MN USA

                          From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Copsne

                          Arne, are you inferring my work is non scientific method?  If so I really I'm miffed!

                        • Margaret
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012
                            Lasse said:
                            > That is NOT my forum. I only started it because people was asking me to do so.

                            You're right Lasse, if you look at the pattern of the posts, Marc or 'gtrplr5' was the one who inititated the new forum. You were the person who agreed to set it up. And I think it was Marc who first called it Lasse's forum.

                            The reason I haven't joined was because I didn't like the criticism about this forum that was used as a reason to start a new one. And you both made rather an aggressive pitch to get all 660/668/676 members of this forum to register on yours.

                            New forums take a while to build up numbers. The Hum Forum has been a solid and consistent presence for the 9 years it has taken to get to 676 members. Your forum's not even a month old.

                            Regards

                            Maggie.

                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 1, 2012

                              If you are used to “modern” forums (i.e. phpbb), the Yahoo! format does indeed seem bewildering, clumsy and inefficient.  I am a moderator of a 2500+ member Yahoo! forum formed in 1998 (used to be eGroups, before Yahoo! bought them).  Long-timers are not happy with changing to a new format – and that’s fine.  I’m willing to change to a more “elegant”, modern format, but not if it means losing most of my long-timers.  Not complaining, just stating facts.

                              If it came to changing, I’d much prefer a phpbb forum to Facebook groups – but I do subscribe to those FB groups of interest (you can always ignore them).  There have been previous efforts to form other groups.  HUM_FORUM is still extant, as opposed to the others.

                              Arne

                              Central MN USA

                              From: humforum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:humforum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Margaret

                              The reason I haven't joined was because I didn't like the criticism about this forum that was used as a reason to start a new one. And you both made rather an aggressive pitch to get all 660/668/676 members of this forum to register on yours.

                              New forums take a while to build up numbers. The Hum Forum has been a solid and consistent presence for the 9 years it has taken to get to 676 members. Your forum's not even a month old

                            • bluefalcon8881
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 2, 2012
                                I agree!

                                Blue

                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 2, 2012
                                  Arne
                                  all along I have stated my testing is qualitative due to available tools.  Scientific method is a procedure, not the tools, per say. Having said that my testing and study of hum characteristics, variations etc are repeatable and track two professional acoustic consultants spectral profiles done in and around my hone and area.  So as far as I'm concerned its not the quantitative data thats important, its repeatabilty needed to undertsand and identify what the hell is going on.
                                   So dont get caught up on the tools, we arent trying to compare against regulation standards, there arent any. If there were, I agree my equipment is not proper for that.

                                  You have every right to be skeptical, but dont let that put blinders on you and sometimes you have to have some blind faith.

                                  Just a quick question, have you done any profiling of ilfn/lfn I suggested awhile back.

                                  Ps I will not belabor this any further, more important work ahead

                                  Steve