Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: New file uploaded to humforum

    Message 1 of 50 , Oct 8, 2012
    Lasse

    Sorry, it is a bit rough but it's all part of a larger data package and I have not taken the time to put into presentation quality, but it makes the point.   I get hauled into Washington DC to explain, I'll have this work ready to go.  Attached is the filing made today to our Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regarding two problems we have here the hum and something called flutter, and you'll understand the diffciutly getting action.

    The gaslines that cause our local problem were installed in 1956, 1966 and 1979.  We moved here in 1994- NO HUM or vibrations.  Massive upgrades in pressure, type of gas pumped, direction, horsepower increase, temperature of line increase, etc - 2008, started pushing more gas early 2009 and when we started closing house for cold waether in September 2009 the well behaved lines started misbehaving (Hum).  Strangest thing, standing near them- unless you put your head upside down- it is tranquil.  But if you meaure the LFN/ LFN sound levels, they are extreme below 50hz.  Of course had to eliminate power lines, rail road, local small manufacturing plant HVAC, etc before only focusing on the systems and the new compressors and other major changes had to learn about..

    Different structures like wood/ concrete buildings and how deep into the ground you can get (basement) all generate different prominent frequencies and different effects.

    This has been communicated to our gov't and I am battling with them right now.  They have admitted the vibrations problem but the influence of the gas expansion here is out of control and they want this to go away.  The companies marginalize teh problems of LF noise.  They base everything on dba, which you know is just dead wrong.

    BTW heres a thought- these findings apply to even the TAOS Hum.  Gasline  capacity changes (from the gov'tsown  records) in NM just before the hum in 1982,  high pressure lines pass through Alberque crossing the Rio Grand rift (waveguide to Taos).  Anyway, some expert needs to get interested in that one and test it out.

    Are you aware of the work and groups working on this in the Netherlands??

    Steve

    Message 50 of 50 , Mar 25 6:51 PM
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the humforum
      group.

      File : /sky_trumpet_1.wav
      Uploaded by : alexblainey <ABlainey@...>
      Description : Sky Trumpet heard In Dorset UK.

      alexblainey <ABlainey@...>