Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: Free from the Ionospheric Heater Agitator

  • Bill Curry
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi folks,
          Bear in miind that during the precursor to earthquakes, huge stress  builds in the rocks along the fault line, until the earthquake occurs and relieves some  of the stress.. During the  precursor period, large electriic  fields are produced and the fields sometimes appear  at the surface of  the earth, occasionally showing up as luminous discharges  and often perturbing sensitive animals.  Perhaps, they also cause distress for sensitive humans.  Could this be a factor iinnn your headaches?
      |Bill P. Curry, Ph.D.            Physics is fun|
      |(630) 858-9377        Fax (630) 858-9159|
      |      EMSciTek Consulting Company     |
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 1, 2004
        I don't know, but it's a possibility.  I just hope it stops soon.  Also, Mt. St Helens let off some steam around noon today, and I just noticed that the hum has virtually stopped (for now at least).  It's 4:35 p.m.  Could there be a connection?   ~ Carole

        Bill Curry <bpcurry@...> wrote:
        Hi folks,
            Bear in miind that during the precursor to earthquakes, huge stress  builds in the rocks along the fault line, until the earthquake occurs and relieves some  of the stress.. During the  precursor period, large electriic  fields are produced and the fields sometimes appear  at the surface of  the earth, occasionally showing up as luminous discharges  and often perturbing sensitive animals.  Perhaps, they also cause distress for sensitive humans.  Could this be a factor iinnn your headaches?
        |Bill P. Curry, Ph.D.            Physics is fun|
        |(630) 858-9377        Fax (630) 858-9159|
        |      EMSciTek Consulting Company     |

        Posting Guidelines:

        1.  No personal attacks.  But reasoned criticism of
        ideas and theories is welcome.
        2.  No gratuitous profanity.
        3.  No "kook" posts.
        4.  Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive content.  In general, no more than three per person per day.
        5.  Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).

        Do you Yahoo!?
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 1, 2004
          In a message dated 28/09/2004 10:39:58 GMT Daylight Time, ladar96@... writes:
          When I joined this group a few months ago I already knew what the
          humm is . I too have tried to inform and direct this group in the
          proper directions only to meet very stiff resistance to my knowledge.
          Could you please remind us of what you think is causing The Hum?
          Thank you.
          R.M.    England.
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 1, 2004
            In a message dated 30/09/2004 00:49:32 GMT Daylight Time, ccarrike@... writes:
            Add to that the recent earthquakes in California ~ a couple of weeks ago near Mammoth, then on Tuesday at Parkwood, and about an hour ago at Keane.  They're widely separated and not on the same fault.  What's going on?   ~ C
            I just hope it's not Yellowstone super volcano about to go up.....oh dear!  If that happens, it's bye-bye to most of us on the planet...
            My Russ is in the San Francisco area right now on holidays!
            Just as an 'aside', a friend of mine just told me  that when Mount St Helen's blew up last time, she heard it quite clearly while living in Vancouver. ( I haven't looked on a map yet to see how far away that is) .
            I doubt if the seismic activity has any link to The Hum,(although obviously , when rumbles occur, they will produce trabsitory low frequency sounds.).  I believe that most hums will be above ground, from installations of one sort or another, and that low frequency noise will carry in still air , or probably further than we imagine, on the wind.  When a large jet goes over, for example, you can still hear the roaring rumble for some while, as it goes away, at several hundred miles per hour. So given that there are thousands of planes droning around the skies at any given time, that sound they make has to go somewhere....and maybe each ones sound could link up with others, and produce varying levels of loudness. Then add that to other installations, commercial or otherwise, and there will surely be quite a substantial background build-up of low frequency noise.
            That's just my view of it, at least until further detailed measurements in many different places are taken, and compared.
            But how I wish some people would try to get the Sennheiser headset, and try it, to see whether it cuts down their hum.That would tell us whether it was acoustic , at least. The headset wouldn't stop the hum comletely, (I wouldn't expect it to, anyway, due to the long wavelengths of low frequency noises) , but even if it only reduced it a little, that would be a valuable clue.
            And who has done the caves test? Anyone?
             Is anyone able to dig out a bunker, make a little chamber underground, with a door with a  good seal, to sit and listen in, so that the listener is virtually surrounded by a good layer of soil?
             Has no-one else (other than one gentleman who wrote in some months ago, (Sir, have you any more info' for us? Please? )ever been able to go into a disused shipping container, and report back to humforum what they hear? I have tried to help by doing this experiment, and found that, as I expected, phone signals were completely prevented from entering the metal container. That would be a very useful test for anyone who believed that cell-phone signals were responsible for 'The Hum', but no-one seems able to do these simple tests.
             Given the suffering that this noise causes, I would think some people would be keen to build a metal container of suitable thickness, just to test to see if radio waves could be blocked for them (Take a transistor radio and a mobile phone inside, and see if either will work....).
            If I thought that radio waves, or whatever, were causing a hum, the first thing I would want to do is check the idea, by going into a place that would be able to block radio (or whatever) waves, listen , and see what could  be heard.
            When I was hearing the Hum at my worst time, at my previous home, a few miles away from here (the two dwellings are completely different in what is heard, giving a clue about distances hums can travel), I only got a few days a year of silence, and like the lady in Norway, felt SO much better when the Hum was silent. But I always knew it would come back on, and so the joy of silence was removed by anxiety for what was to come, and sure enough, back it came, and 'back into hell'! I kept a log of my noise torment, and found that only 6% of the total time was free of the noise. It's a dreadful thing to have to live with that is why I persevere, and try to offer suggestions about common sense tests that most people could attempt.
            Has anyone tried a D.A.T. tape recorder? I have recorded local Low Frequency Noise from the city of Southampton, which closely resembles the LFN I suffered so long with. Luckily it only comes here when the wind is directly from the city, and then, I just take comfort from knowing the wind will change again soon, and then it will be quiet again. But I never will forget the exhaustion that accompanied virtually incessant intrusion, and that is why I do try to help here, with possible ideas for basic checks and tests that most people could do, if motivated.
            Best Wishes,
            R.M.   England.

          • humshaker2003
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 2, 2004
              1) No headsets don't work for me
              2)The hum in my experience is not wind carried
              3) I've already reprorted in detail that a 2" iron lined military
              bunker reduces the hum
              but does not eliminate the hum the way it totally eliminates cell
              phones and radios.
              4) Cloud cover and bad weather seem to make the hum worse for me.

              So far I'm leaning towards military "Tesla" and "Ionisphere"
              experiments as a possible
              cause of the hum. I live in a rural area far from any possible city
              noise pollution.

              --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Tobypaws2002@a... wrote:

> [...]
              have to
              > live with that is why I persevere, and try to offer suggestions
              about common
              > sense tests that most people could attempt.
              > Has anyone tried a D.A.T. tape recorder? I have recorded local Low
              Frequency
              > Noise from the city of Southampton, which closely resembles the LFN
              > suffered so long with. Luckily it only comes here when the wind is
              directly from
              > the city, and then, I just take comfort from knowing the wind will
              change again
              > soon, and then it will be quiet again. But I never will forget the
              exhaustion
              > that accompanied virtually incessant intrusion, and that is why I
              do try to
              > help here, with possible ideas for basic checks and tests that
            • Carole Carriker

                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 2, 2004
                  In a message dated 03/10/2004 03:12:54 GMT Daylight Time, ccarrike@... writes:
                  If you can still hear the hum in a bunker which eliminates radio and cell phone signals, doesn't that imply that the sound is coming up from the ground?  Whether the vibrations are natural in origin or caused by ionospheric heaters is, of course, another story.

                  ~ Carole
                  1) ground vibrations are easily checked by using a seismometer. Groundborne source cannot surely be suspected unless seismic activity is checked first.
                  2) Isn't the frequency of iononospheric heaters similar to radio waves? If radio waves are blocked by a bunker, so would ionospheric heaters be blocked, surely?(I don't think their reflected 'beams' would be strong enough by the time they got back to the earth's surface, as I think has already been pointed out by someone else...
                  Where's Bill Curry, come back, Bill ! We need your comments on exotic theories that seem to be over-stimulating many people's imaginations.....
                  R.M.    England.
                • humshaker2003
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 3, 2004
                    Not necessarily but it does imply that the hum "energy" is external.
                    I know it as a kind
                    of electrical radiation that for certain sensitive people heats up
                    their inner ear and
                    skin cells and creates the "hum" in their field of perception.

                    wrote:
                    > If you can still hear the hum in a bunker which eliminates radio
                    and cell phone
                    signals, doesn't that imply that the sound is coming up from the
                    ground? Whether
                    the vibrations are natural in origin or caused by ionospheric heaters
                    is, of course,
                    another story.

                    > ~ Carole
                    >
                    > humshaker2003 <e-ken@s...> wrote:
                    > 1) No headsets don't work for me
                    > 2)The hum in my experience is not wind carried
                    > 3) I've already reprorted in detail that a 2" iron lined military
                    > bunker reduces the hum
                    > but does not eliminate the hum the way it totally eliminates cell
                    > phones and radios.
                    > 4) Cloud cover and bad weather seem to make the hum worse for me.
                    >

                    > Posting Guidelines:
                    >
                    > 1. No personal attacks. But reasoned criticism of
                    > ideas and theories is welcome.
                    > 2. No gratuitous profanity.
                    > 3. No "kook" posts.
                    > 4. Limit posts to those that are necessary and have substantive
                    content. In
                    general, no more than three per person per day.
                    > 5. Please sign all posts with your location (city, state, country).
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Service.

                  • humshaker2003
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 3, 2004
                      > We need your comments on exotic
                      > theories that seem to be over-stimulating many people's
                      imaginations.....
                      > R.M. England.

                      I don't consider my theories any more exotic than your "hum reducing
                      headsets"
                      being effective or the magical way your sound pollution from the city
                      "morphs" into
                      the dieseling giant florescent light bulb hum that extends hundreds
                      of miles into the
                      rural country 24/7. Remember that many accused Galileo of an over
                      stimulated
                      imagination.
                    • Mark Langwell
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 3, 2004
                        Is it arrogance or absolute knowledge that drives someone to claim to KNOW?

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 3, 2004
                          In a message dated 03/10/2004 15:21:44 GMT Daylight Time, e-ken@... writes:
                          > We need your comments on exotic
                          > theories that seem to be over-stimulating many people's
                          imaginations.....
                          > R.M.    England.

                          I don't consider my theories any more exotic than your "hum reducing
                          headsets"
                          They do reduce hums slightly ; I never claimed they block hums completely.

                          being effective or the magical way your sound pollution from the city
                          "morphs" into
                          the dieseling giant florescent light bulb hum that extends hundreds
                          of miles into the
                          rural country 24/7.
                          I do not have one single explanation for the hum, I maintain it can be from many sources that produce LFN, that can mix up together, and produce louder levels of noise in some areas. I don't regard it as exotic to wonder whether industrial hums, added to heavy trains, power stations, plane engines, ships' engines, air conditioning units, etc., etc., could act singly in certain areas, or join in with others as they travel out from source. I'd like to bet that no hum is more than a few dozen miles from a source, but naturally I don't KNOW that for sure. I am just trying to piece together the hundreds of accounts from so many people. LFN could float downwind for many miles, surely. Such that the source would be rather difficult to find.
                          Some places have 24/7 hum, but others have intermittent hum/s. It is not one answer for all.
                          But I have not read or heard anything to counteract what I think is a common sense view that most hums will be low frequency noise, and anything else can be classed as an 'exotic' theory when it has  too little to back it up.

                          Remember that many accused Galileo of an over
                          stimulated
                          imagination.
                          That was humlobotomist's way of justifying his views.
                          I could say the same, but the difference is that I have a common sense view, that is nevertheless not taken seriously, but it should be , before being derided and ignored as much as it is.
                          The scientific way is to challenge and TEST against nature, to see what is there.
                          Any stimulation of senses can be measured, one way or another, whether acoustic, electro magnetic, radio waves, seismic, etc.
                          R.M.    England.

                          Message 12 of 25 , Oct 3, 2004
                            In a message dated 03/10/2004 23:30:27 GMT Daylight Time, astron35@... writes:
                            Is it arrogance or absolute knowledge that drives someone to claim to KNOW?
                            I agree, I think that when someone says something like, "I know it is electrical energy". How can they 'know' unless they have measured it somehow? In a problem like this, we need to measure, check, record, gather anything that may help. Clutching at straws will not do anything more than confuse it all.
                            R.M.     England.
                          • MartWitherington@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 25 , Oct 28, 2004
                              mark,

                              I think that you may prefer to re-phrase  you 'know' to 'suspect'.
                              I dont't think 'know' is the phrase that most would use.
                              Persons on this site base their opinions on information they possess and derive conclusions from that.
                              It is difficult not to have an opinion and if  a conclusion has to based on a majority view, as in politics, we would all be in severe difficulty.
                              So, open discusion is what this site is about (I think) and that is is an opinion.
                              Perhaps as we look at the clues a comminallity will emerge but it will always be subjective until it is tested.
                              mart
                              Message 14 of 25 , Oct 28, 2004
                                In a message dated 28/10/2004 19:24:38 GMT Daylight Time, MartWitherington@... writes:
                                mark,

                                I think that you may prefer to re-phrase  you 'know' to 'suspect'.
                                I dont't think 'know' is the phrase that most would use.
                                Persons on this site base their opinions on information they possess and derive conclusions from that.
                                It is difficult not to have an opinion and if  a conclusion has to based on a majority view, as in politics, we would all be in severe difficulty.
                                So, open discusion is what this site is about (I think) and that is is an opinion.
                                Perhaps as we look at the clues a commonality will emerge but it will always be subjective until it is tested.
                                mart

                                For what it's worth, I agree.
                                But having said that, we have a great medium here on 'The Net' for fast communications, which we didn't have before, so that must help.....
                                We need testing, measurements, experiments, to see what's going on.
                                But in the meantime, people's reports of their experiences will be very useful.
                                R.M.    Southampton, England.