Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: NZ 1994 article

    Message 1 of 13 , May 8, 2012
      Scale 1 to 10. 1 is almost nothing ,very low level idling diesel sound, can live with it. 10 is like a driving, extremly harsh, full foot vibration level effect like in the cabin of a turboprop airplane and unlivable. Above 10 is Unexplainable

      On May 8, 2012, at 7:01 AM, James Cartledge <james@...> wrote:

      Level 4! Holy crap. What does that mean? It sounds awesome.

      On 6 May 2012, at 14:59, Copsne wrote:

      Just got home from the Derby and the hum here in CT is level4. Mild weather. I have been following and assesed the windsor data for a few months of their spectrograpghs, huge hum map and followed comments. Based on the locations I've personally monitored the  rumble along lines and from the compressors behind our neiborhood its far worse in windsor. The hum seems similar and reported many miles east of there. I can say we get "fine" rattles of windiw panes, glass wall sconces, touchy metal surfaces. The spectrograph freq data has  prominent low freqs and much multi band LF noise like we have measured for 2 years
      Since I've not personally expericened or data collected there, not sure its the same as mine, but it sounds like it is and i have my differing thoughts on the root causes, and you know them.
      Windsor is doing a great job exposing this wider spread problem, we need to take advantage of this. Call your congressman and news papers
      Steve

      On May 5, 2012, at 2:02 AM, "patty94@..." <patty94@...> wrote:

      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Copsne <c_o_p_s_ne@...> wrote:
      >Sorry to break in here guys but I need to ask Steve if he has accessed the new Windsor hum videos. My computer is old and I use a land line for access so it is a real pain. I need to know how the people in Windsor describe what they hear. It's a long drive but it would be worth it if it is the same hum. My dishes aren't rattling so thats why I have doubts.
      I've heard the hum outside and only outside since the 90's then in 2004 it suddenly appeared inside the house too.
      So if anyone has accessed that video please let me know.
      Patty

      > Bruno when I am in the garden or anywhere outside when I bend over, head near ground I pick up a sense of the hum. Btw my garden is 15 feet from 2 600-800 psig, 30&36 inch gas lines installed 1953 and 1966.
      >
      > Sent from Steve's iPhone and I appologize for typo's
      >
      > On May 3, 2012, at 3:05 AM, "bruno.friend@..." <gumnut88@...> wrote:
      >

      > > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Steve K" <c_o_p_s_ne@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Bruno. Friend- did the writer ever do anything more than get into the paper in 1994? See files section for posting.
      > > >
      > > This news clipping was saved from the North Shore Times Advertiser by my mother when she lived in Glenfield. She didn't make any enquiries about the matter as she hadn't heard the hum herself. So I have no idea what happened to the writer but I did see his name on this forum shortly after I joined up yesterday.
      > >
      > > I have just unearthed the clipping while sorting through some boxes of papers and was quite amazed because I have been hearing a mystery hum/vibration through my pillow at night for years where I live in a different part of Auckland. My neighbour across the road has also been hearing it and we are keen to find out what it is. It was disturbing my sleep so much that I started to listen to music and spoken word from an iPod throughout the night in an attempt to get some sleep. I have also heard just the hum when outside in the garden off and on since the early 1990's or thereabouts.
      > >

      > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
      > > Cameron Diaz cries over drastic haircut
      > > Privacy Policy

      =

      <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

      =
    • James Cartledge
      Message 2 of 13 , May 8, 2012
        I can explain: my mother asking why the washing up hasn't been done. That's 11.5 on the botherometer.

        On 8 May 2012, at 15:35, Copsne wrote:

> [...]

        > > I have just unearthed the clipping while sorting through some boxes of papers and was quite amazed because I have been hearing a mystery hum/vibration through my pillow at night for years where I live in a different part of Auckland. My neighbour across the road has also been hearing it and we are keen to find out what it is. It was disturbing my sleep so much that I started to listen to music and spoken word from an iPod throughout the night in an attempt to get some sleep. I have also heard just the hum when outside in the garden off and on since the early 1990's or thereabouts.

        =

        <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

        =

        Message 3 of 13 , May 8, 2012
          you got it!

> [...]

          > > I have just unearthed the clipping while sorting through some boxes of papers and was quite amazed because I have been hearing a mystery hum/vibration through my pillow at night for years where I live in a different part of Auckland. My neighbour across the road has also been hearing it and we are keen to find out what it is. It was disturbing my sleep so much that I started to listen to music and spoken word from an iPod throughout the night in an attempt to get some sleep. I have also heard just the hum when outside in the garden off and on since the early 1990's or thereabouts.

          =

          <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

          =

        • James Cartledge
          Message 4 of 13 , May 8, 2012
            YES. Do you reckon it might be possible that mothers can also be cancelled out with a 207Mhz generator? Please, please tell me they can. And if so, where can I buy the largest one available?

            On 8 May 2012, at 20:00, James Cartledge wrote:

> [...]

            > > I have just unearthed the clipping while sorting through some boxes of papers and was quite amazed because I have been hearing a mystery hum/vibration through my pillow at night for years where I live in a different part of Auckland. My neighbour across the road has also been hearing it and we are keen to find out what it is. It was disturbing my sleep so much that I started to listen to music and spoken word from an iPod throughout the night in an attempt to get some sleep. I have also heard just the hum when outside in the garden off and on since the early 1990's or thereabouts.

            =

            <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

            =

            <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

          • James Cartledge
            Message 5 of 13 , May 8, 2012
              Also I don't wish to sound pedantic, but your last post should have read: MOTHEROMETER.

              Thanks

              James

> [...]

              > > I have just unearthed the clipping while sorting through some boxes of papers and was quite amazed because I have been hearing a mystery hum/vibration through my pillow at night for years where I live in a different part of Auckland. My neighbour across the road has also been hearing it and we are keen to find out what it is. It was disturbing my sleep so much that I started to listen to music and spoken word from an iPod throughout the night in an attempt to get some sleep. I have also heard just the hum when outside in the garden off and on since the early 1990's or thereabouts.

              =

              <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

              =

              <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>