Re: Sky Sounds ... and Earth's Core

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      The International Committee on issues of Global Changes of the Geological Environment GEOCHANGE (IC GCGE)? Who are these guys?
      A quick Google isn't turning up very much -- this seems to be a fairly new outfit based in Turkey. I have a feeling they are a United Nations and/or European Union- funded global warming offshoot... which raises my suspicion if thats the case. They could be legit though .. I can't tell.

      "Acoustic-gravity waves?" Apparently this is real. There are even highly technical documents about it on a US Navy website. (See http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/1987/Vol%2019_14.pdf) and if you Google it there is a ton of fairly new informtion that looks legit.

      So.... a Good case for a "natural" non-human cause for the hum?

      The YouTube Video of strange sounds on their website has been out for a month or so now. Its compiled from a collection of other YouTube clips. The entire collection seems very suspicious to me since they all have the same modus-operandus -- as if the same producer or coreographer outlined the camera angles, shots, panning, and setting components. People filmed in the clips don't speak about the crazy noises in the shots - no exclamations of surprise, fear, or curiosity. The cameras all pan the horizon back and forth, up and down in the same way. Bystanders in the distance appear to behave as if nothing abnormal is happenning. Birds are merrily chirping. The clips are all similar in these and several other regards. Very suspicious. As if some group in a chatroom agreed on what to shoot and then someone took the clips and over-dubbed them with sound-font layers of crazy sounds. There is a ton of software out there that makes this easy to do even on low-end retail laptop.

      Someone prove me wrong. I'm naturally suspicious but not closed minded. So... The plot thickens :)

      -LM
    • mechawear
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
        One of the "Sky Sounds" vids is dated Jan 2012 and claims it was shot in Canada complete with nice, bright green leaves on the trees... (In case you've never been up north, this is impossible).

        That whole sky sounds thing is absolute bunk and a total waste of time.

        On another note, I haven't heard hum-one in over 2 weeks. Last time I heard it was during a snow storm here in the Seattle area.

        N.