Re: man made

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 22, 2012
      Because if it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, it's a duck.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 22, 2012
        What town

        On Jan 22, 2012, at 2:00 PM, "enyeart5" <enyeart5@...> wrote:

        I'm new to this group thing so I wasn't sure where to start a post. Yesterday afternoon my husband said there was a hum coming from the ground around a fence line on our 15 acres. Of coarse I though it must be the ringing in his ears so I went out to have a listen. I could hear a humming noise about 10 feet away. If you put your ear to the fence post it sounds like a engine running from the ground. I know thats impossible but thats what I heard and the sound is still here today. We live in northern Illinois. The wind was not blowing at the time and the wires running from post to post were vibrating also. The fence is not an electric fence so there is no power. We also shut our geothermal off at the house thinking it could be related to that but the noise is still there. My husband thinks it has something to do with the ground being frozen and the fence is some kind o a conductor for what ever is emitting this sound. Any thoughts?

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Tobypaws2002@... wrote:

> [...]
        > Southampton.
        > Maybe everyone's so frantic to try to survive, they are rushing
        > here and there, even more....
        > or it could just be too many people have come to this area :
        > over many years, the roads have been getting more and more busy, with
        > traffic jams common.
        > The wind came from Southampton the other day, and it
        > was depressing how much noise was (is ) being made by
        > all sorts of activities : traffic, industrial, utilities, commercial,
        > infrastructure....
        > You could imagine that din travelling out, and the stronger it is at
        > source,
        > the further you could expect it to travel?
        > Leaving the higher frequencies on the way, and ending up with the lower
        > frequencies rumbling on by themselves....
        > Plus they could overlap with other sources, making a higher volume, or
        > 'focussing' in certain places ....
        >
        > Another test you might like to do if you ever suspect
        > mobile phone signals (I personally don't),
        > find an empty shipping container, (I only mention this because sometimes
        > you see them around, being used as storage areas) : go inside with a
        > mobile phone and ask someone
        > to try to phone you : I had a negative result to this test : suggesting
        > that the thick metal of the container
        > blocked these signals.
        > So if you think that your 'hum' is being caused by phone signals,
        > you could expect silence in the container....try it......?
        > It seems we are not getting very far with this 'Hum' problem,
        > year after year it drags on and on
        > (rather like my writing style, sorry about that !) : culprits can hide
        > behind lax noise laws, and hums are allowed, when they don't
        > exceed the background levels by a
        > certain number of decibels, so that the b'g levels creep ever higher....
        > resulting in more widespread general
        > background LFN, hence more sufferers.....
        >
        > If the noise were coming from, say, the earth's mantle,
        > it would surely be easy enough to measure it ?
        >
        > But although I really do think there is far too much noise
        > being made by so many different sources,
        > and wish to goodness we could somehow get back to a
        > quieter acoustic environment,
        > nevertheless, we still have to look at medical conditions,
        > or chemicals perhaps in the
        > environment that might be making hearing too sensitive.....
        > Maybe it's a tragic combination of the two.....
        >

        > By the way, does anyone know of a website that might be able to take my
        > 'Information Pack'? It is a massive, long-winded affair of some 14000
        > words...
        > I would very much like to deposit this collection of observations
        > over many years,
        > so that people can read it whenever they want,
        > thus relieving me of the many long phone calls from Hearers, where I have
        > virtually sift through all I know every time, try to advise, and often end
        > up tired out from hours on the phone.
        > A website to refer folks to would be a positive 'blessing' :

      • Vicky Enyeart
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 22, 2012
          Atkinson il about 30 miles east of the quad cities