Re: Sound from fence line

  • Sandra Shultz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2012
      Very interesting indeed.  Thank  you for posting.  Not a sound I can identify as my hum.  Interesting to think the hum could be coming from within the Earth.

      Sandra in MS
    • Nancy Carre
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2012
        Hi there,
        I live off the grid in northern Idaho, next to the Scotchman Peak proposed wilderness-- almost a hundred miles from the nearest gas line and probably ten miles from the nearest electric fence. I hear something completely different from the sound on your recording--the sound I hear (and I heard it when I lived near Taos as well!) is much deeper, has a sort of pulse that's somewhat random, and sounds like distant jet planes or maybe freeway traffic (although the closest freeway is also about 100 miles away on the other side of the mountains). Sometimes it's loud (like today) and sometimes it's barely audible. When I was hiking in the Chirikahua mountains in SE AZ, it sounded like a distant diesel generator--very loud down there.

      • Vicky Enyeart
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2012
          the recording was taken from my phone so its not real clear it doessounx like a generator and there is also slight pulses but they are sparatic i am going to try to get a better recording of it today the soundis not as loud but maybe the rain has somethingto do with it

          On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 5:08 PM CST Nancy Carre wrote:

          >Hi there,
          >I live off the grid in northern Idaho, next to the Scotchman Peak proposed wilderness-- almost a hundred miles from the nearest gas line and probably ten miles from the nearest electric fence. I hear something completely different from the sound on your recording--the sound I hear (and I heard it when I lived near Taos as well!) is much deeper, has a sort of pulse that's somewhat random, and sounds like distant jet planes or maybe freeway traffic (although the closest freeway is also about 100 miles away on the other side of the mountains). Sometimes it's loud (like today) and sometimes it's barely audible. When I was hiking in the Chirikahua mountains in SE AZ, it sounded like a distant diesel generator--very loud down there.
        • soozieqty1
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2012
            I was not able to hear the recording in that format, is that any other way you can post it?