Re: HUM_FORUM: Sudden sonic bliss--or nearly so

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2011
      Got a warming trend that helped last week, but in anticipation of cold weather coming into CT and NE the hum started getting real bad( push the gas here)  I even had so much rumble and hum in a corner chair i was using my iphone with my boss, saying I sounded like in a tin can. My ears certainly hurt. I wonder if the ilfn cauaed some acoustic disturbance with the phone voice pick up. Have to do some testing someday, maybe just the phone????

      On Dec 5, 2011, at 9:37 AM, "goodears2" <goodears2@...> wrote:

      I'm curious if other people have experience the same change recently. Thanksgiving week and a couple before, my local hum had ramped up to miserable levels, so much so that I need to wear headphones and run a brown noise recording to sleep.

      Now, for the past few days, it's almost nonexistent. Yes, it's there at a fairly low level when I put my head down on the pillow, but just the ceiling fan is enough. I'll take it.

      But I can't peg this to any change in conditions here. It's raining, but it rained in the weeks before. While the local hum has seemed to respond to weather conditions, I can't explain this one.

      Is anyone else in this region in the US experiencing this period of relative quiet after a week or so of loud hum? Curious to know. Is Ohioguy from the Canton, Ohio, area still here?

    • michael439297
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
        I live in England and have been staying on the east coast for the last few weeks and I quietly noticed just recently that the hum after being " ramped up to miserable levels" has become "almost non-existent".

        I thought I'd check on the hum forum to see if anyone else had noticed this and... surprise surprise I read "Sudden sonic bliss"!!!

        Let's face it fellow hum sufferers, whatever causes the hum it is not local. We all seem to suffer in synchronisity!!!

        Love from Lynn

        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "goodears2" <goodears2@...> wrote:

        > I'm curious if other people have experience the same change recently. Thanksgiving week and a couple before, my local hum had ramped up to miserable levels, so much so that I need to wear headphones and run a brown noise recording to sleep.
        >
        > Now, for the past few days, it's almost nonexistent. Yes, it's there at a fairly low level when I put my head down on the pillow, but just the ceiling fan is enough. I'll take it.
        >
        > But I can't peg this to any change in conditions here. It's raining, but it rained in the weeks before. While the local hum has seemed to respond to weather conditions, I can't explain this one.
        >
        > Is anyone else in this region in the US experiencing this period of relative quiet after a week or so of loud hum? Curious to know. Is Ohioguy from the Canton, Ohio, area still here?

      • dave emmons
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
          Lynn,
          My HUM hasn't stopped.....  It is 24/7 and I don't think it will stop ever.....  You are right that the HUM is not local in my opinion.  "Synchronicity" is a good word to use for this HUM thing.  Maybe some people are experiencing different HUMS?  Different sources????  Dave

          I live in England and have been staying on the east coast for the last few weeks and I quietly noticed just recently that the hum after being " ramped up to miserable levels" has become "almost non-existent".

          I thought I'd check on the hum forum to see if anyone else had noticed this and... surprise surprise I read "Sudden sonic bliss"!!!

          Let's face it fellow hum sufferers, whatever causes the hum it is not local. We all seem to suffer in synchronisity!!!

          Love from Lynn

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "goodears2" <goodears2@...> wrote:

          > I'm curious if other people have experience the same change recently. Thanksgiving week and a couple before, my local hum had ramped up to miserable levels, so much so that I need to wear headphones and run a brown noise recording to sleep.
          >
          > Now, for the past few days, it's almost nonexistent. Yes, it's there at a fairly low level when I put my head down on the pillow, but just the ceiling fan is enough. I'll take it.
          >
          > But I can't peg this to any change in conditions here. It's raining, but it rained in the weeks before. While the local hum has seemed to respond to weather conditions, I can't explain this one.
          >
          > Is anyone else in this region in the US experiencing this period of relative quiet after a week or so of loud hum? Curious to know. Is Ohioguy from the Canton, Ohio, area still here?

        • bluefalcon8881
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
            I have found the same here in Auckland where I live in New Zealand
            The hum is now constant and very intense at my home in Howick,a suburb in Auckland

            Before the hum used to change like a big truck shifting gears eg from a buuuuuuu
            To a huuuuuuuuu sound

            This has happened for fifteen years now and in the beginning it was only at 2 to 4 am
            Every morning and i used to say to my wife that these Kiwis where crazy to work at that hour of the day.It sounded exactly like big earth movers working in the distance

            I am lying in my bed at the moment and the hum is constant and loud, it is 7 am Saturday. If i bump my chest with the bottom of my fist on my chest bone the frequency change from a constant huuuuuuuuuuuuu to a constant buuuuuuuuuu

            I will be interested to know if others experience the same

            Bf

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
              I have found the same here in Auckland where I live in New Zealand
              The hum is now constant and very intense at my home in Howick,a suburb in Auckland

              Before the hum used to change like a big truck shifting gears eg from a buuuuuuu
              To a huuuuuuuuu sound

              This has happened for fifteen years now and in the beginning it was only at 2 to 4 am
              Every morning and i used to say to my wife that these Kiwis where crazy to work at that hour of the day.It sounded exactly like big earth movers working in the distance

              I am lying in my bed at the moment and the hum is constant and loud, it is 7 am Saturday. If i bump my chest with the bottom of my fist on my chest bone the frequency change from a constant huuuuuuuuuuuuu to a constant buuuuuuuuuu

              I will be interested to know if others experience the same

              Bf

              Ps My house is in direct view of the Auckland sky tower about 20Km away
              This tower is used for all communication as it has heaps of antennas on the top

              I still believe that haarp is responsible.......

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 10, 2011
                Dear Dave

                (Off topic but I realised after I'd sent the message that I'd put an S instead of a C).
                I don't think people are experiencing different hums as everybody seems to have the same basic symptoms and reactions and I don't think there are different sources either as the source,in my opinion,is from modern technology,a vast new area.

                I too usually hear the hum 24/7 but sometimes it's louder than others and there is also the accompanying pressure on the left ear which is sometimes replaced with a high-pitched buzz which fades in and out.

                Absolute hell isn't it?! And a lonely hell too.

                Love from Lynn

                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, dave emmons <ddemmons5649@...> wrote:

                > Lynn,
                > My HUM hasn't stopped.....  It is 24/7 and I don't think it will stop ever.....
                > You are right that the HUM is not local in my opinion.  "Synchronicity" is a
                > good word to use for this HUM thing.  Maybe some people are experiencing
                > different HUMS?  Different sources????  Dave
                >

                > ________________________________

              • dave emmons
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 10, 2011
                  Lynn:
                  Yes it is a living hell to hear the HUM 24/7.  I have been taking guesses at the reason and cause to see what replies I get?  There is a remote chance some people are hearing a real motor or line pressure Humming.  But, it shouldn't last long like the HUM 24/7  that is not yet identified.  Even some people on this FORUM say their HUM has disappeared so they must have heard some kind of identifiable source.

                  I would agree Lynn that the source of the HUM is from a "vast new area of technology".  Could be a mix of technologies like we all have considered.  Whatever the cause of the HUM it is a world wide mystery.

                  My HUM changes in pulsations (timing) at times and gets louder and softer at times.  Check this out, my HUM will actually get louder if I try to meditate in quietness.  Sure, if it is quiet the HUM will be really dominating in loudness.  What I am talking about is even compared to a quiet room when the HUM is loud it seems louder during meditation.  Is the HUM intelligent?

                  Anything one person experiences and others don't is a lonely world Lynn.  Even medical Doctors will depress one's emotions with a diagnosis that won't lead to a cure.  Hope that one day we will figure this HUM all out.  Blessings, Dave

                  (Off topic but I realised after I'd sent the message that I'd put an S instead of a C).
                  I don't think people are experiencing different hums as everybody seems to have the same basic symptoms and reactions and I don't think there are different sources either as the source,in my opinion,is from modern technology,a vast new area.

                  I too usually hear the hum 24/7 but sometimes it's louder than others and there is also the accompanying pressure on the left ear which is sometimes replaced with a high-pitched buzz which fades in and out.

                  Absolute hell isn't it?! And a lonely hell too.

                  Love from Lynn

                  --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, dave emmons <ddemmons5649@...> wrote:

                  > Lynn,
                  > My HUM hasn't stopped.....  It is 24/7 and I don't think it will stop ever.....
                  > You are right that the HUM is not local in my opinion.  "Synchronicity" is a
                  > good word to use for this HUM thing.  Maybe some people are experiencing
                  > different HUMS?  Different sources????  Dave
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • michael439297
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 11, 2011
                    Hello Dave

                    As soon as I started to hear the hum in February 2006 I knew I was on my own with this and would have to cope with it in my own way.

                    I went on Radio York recently to talk about it. I only had a few seconds so where to start?! They referred to it as "the horrible hum". That's putting it mildly. A man was before me and he got more time. He said both he and his wife heard a hum for a few hours each night.I doubt they were both hearing the hum that we on here experience.It's not just simply a distant buzz for a few hours heard by all the family!

                    As for going to doctors and other so called experts,they're all totally mystified. Don't waste your time.

                    We're "special" and the rest don't know what we know!

                  • dave emmons
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 11, 2011
                      Lynn,
                      My thoughts exactly about the HUM that it was mine and I had to deal with it or figure out why it was tuning me in?????  "Special", Lynn, yes, I think we are for some reason.  You are right about the "special" because I don't think we are all hearing the same HUM......  Our HUM has no ending, no days off, no hours off, and it changes pulsations for some reason.

                      That was nice of the Radio Station to let you air out your HUM problem.  Did the station management have an opinion?  If you get a mixture of people hearing different HUMS that will also have a bearing on the results of professional opinions.  So we get lost in the process.

                      Lynn, I have researched the HUM from Taos NM to now.  What I have learned is exactly what you said, the experts are totally still mystified.....

                      Thank you for understanding my dilema as being closely matched with your own HUM problem.  Yes, I understand completely.  Love & Blessings, Dave E

                      ymailto="mailto:humforum%40yahoogroups.com">humforum@yahoogroups.com, dave emmons <ddemmons5649@> wrote:

                      > > Lynn,
                      > > My HUM hasn't stopped.....  It is 24/7 and I don't think it will stop
                      > >ever.....
                      > >
                      > > You are right that the HUM is not local in my opinion.  "Synchronicity" is a
                      > > good word to use for this HUM thing.  Maybe some people are experiencing
                      > > different HUMS?  Different sources????  Dave
                      > >

                      > > ________________________________

                    • JAZ :)
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 12, 2011
                        It has been relatively quiet here in Florida too.  Strange.

                        "In God we Trust"
                        JAZ:-D

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 12, 2011

                          Nothing has changed here in Illinois - still Humming like crazy 24/7.  Must be a reason?  Dave

                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 12, 2011
                            That musical Hum that I was hearing has been very soft or absent
                            for the past two weeks... And today it's raining here, but still
                            no Hum -- while in the past, the rainy weather and damp ground
                            seemed to make that Hum louder... Maybe it will return soon?

                            JD