Professor Demings 2004 Article

  • veiled.mystery
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
      I have just read Professor Demings 2004 Article regarding the Hum from the Files section of the Hum Forum site.
      He at first says that possible causes of the Hum could be LORAN, HAARP, or TACAMO, but then goes on to say that none of these are really viable options because there are reports of people hearing the Hum in the 1800's, at which time it was described as being like "the sound of a huge swarm of Bees", there then appears to be a period of time when the Hum disappeared, to then reappear in the 1960's in the United Kingdom, at which time it was mostly heard as the pulsating drone that we all hear and was mostly only heard around the Coastline of the United Kingdom.
      Since Tesla and other Scientists were just beginning to discover Electricity, Electromagnetism, etc, in 1819, and started to experiment with it at that time trying to figure out what practical use they could make of it, could it be that the "Buzzing Hum" heard back then could be the result of the experiments with Electricity?
      As for the Hum then making a reappearance around the 1960's in the United Kingdom, this could have been caused by the ACE High Communication Network.
      ACE High was a NATO Communication Network set up in 1956 and was an L-Band Troposcatter Radio Transmitter which stretched from Norway, all along the East Coast of Scotland and England, into France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, West Germany, Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Cyprus, it was in operation 24 hours a day every day of the year.
      ACE High was Decommissioned in 1980 but it's Frequency was re-allocated for use in Commercial Radiotelephone Services and later for use as Mobile Phone Frequencies.
      I don't know what the Range or frequency of the Ace High Antenna's were or if there was anything similar to this in the United States at that time, (1960's), but the frequency range must have been in the same range as the Hum we are all hearing for it to be able to be reallocated as a mobile phone frequency in later years and since most British Technology seems to stem primarily from the United States, i would not be surprised to find that the United States Military had something similar back then too.
      So it is possible that his original Hypothesis could in fact be correct.
      Perhaps if we throw ACE High into the mix, we will discover that the Hum is actually caused by a combination of all of the above after all.
    • dave emmons
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2011

        Very thorough and lengthy research Veiled on all these details of the possible Hum theory.  Thanks for all your research on this article.  Definately something to consider.  Thanks, Dave

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2011
          Thanks, veiled, for this assessment. I think you are right on with this information, and with your conclusions.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 22, 2011
            Pro. Deming/Veiled:  Sounds like a solid report that the Professor wrote.  Question Pro. Deming, do you know more about the Hum than we are reading on the FORUM? Dave