Re: HUM_FORUM: It's baaack

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 13, 2011
      Was quiet in w ct for a few days. Yesterday weds started to crank up. Cooling weather push more gas here. Testing 15 feet below ground in my office basement here near 2 large lines proofed 10 times worst below grade than above

      On Oct 13, 2011, at 10:15 AM, "JAZ :)" <JAZMN1@...> wrote:

      The HUM is back in central Florida and louder than ever.  Haven't heard it for weeks.  Interesting.

      "In God we Trust"
      JAZ:-D

    • helga
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 13, 2011
        SAME GOES FOR HERE.....THE WEST OF IRELAND HAS BEEN QUITE FOR A COUPLE OF........MONTHS!!!!!! TWO NIGHTS AGO THE CONVOY OF TRUCKS HAS BEEN PARKED OUTSIDE MAKING ITS OWN FAMILIAR NOISE .....OUT OF THE BLUE...AND CAN EVEN HEAR IT JUST WALKING AROUND......VERY VERY LOUD Sad smile
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 13, 2011
          Convoy meaning sound of idling trucks. Have you investigated when the new gasline from broadhaven bay to galway went on line?

          On Oct 13, 2011, at 12:37 PM, "helga" <hnfgleeson@...> wrote:

          SAME GOES FOR HERE.....THE WEST OF IRELAND HAS BEEN QUITE FOR A COUPLE OF........MONTHS!!!!!! TWO NIGHTS AGO THE CONVOY OF TRUCKS HAS BEEN PARKED OUTSIDE MAKING ITS OWN FAMILIAR NOISE .....OUT OF THE BLUE...AND CAN EVEN HEAR IT JUST WALKING AROUND......VERY VERY LOUD <wlEmoticon-sadsmile[1].png>

        • JAZ :)
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 13, 2011
            But we're still using air conditioning here in Central Florida, near 90 degrees today, not gas for heat.   Hum is quiet now???
            "In God we Trust"
            JAZ:-D

            Convoy meaning sound of idling trucks. Have you investigated when the new gasline from broadhaven bay to galway went on line?

            On Oct 13, 2011, at 12:37 PM, "helga" <hnfgleeson@...> wrote:

            SAME GOES FOR HERE.....THE WEST OF IRELAND HAS BEEN QUITE FOR A COUPLE OF........MONTHS!!!!!! TWO NIGHTS AGO THE CONVOY OF TRUCKS HAS BEEN PARKED OUTSIDE MAKING ITS OWN FAMILIAR NOISE .....OUT OF THE BLUE...AND CAN EVEN HEAR IT JUST WALKING AROUND......VERY VERY LOUD <wlEmoticon-sadsmile[1].png>
          • vk3sl
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 13, 2011
              Same in Melbourne Australia.
              I noticed about a week ago and thought it may be due to a cold I picked up, so tried to ignore it. I have recovered from the cold, but the hum is louder than ever, I can hear it in most rooms in the house now.

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 14, 2011
                What runs your AC?

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 14, 2011
                  At least a half dozen current reports from the melbourne region

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 14, 2011
                    Electricity-no gas lines to tis area. I have two tanks of propane that I use for the "gas" stuff.

                    "In God we Trust"
                    JAZ:-D

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 14, 2011

                      Electricity-no gas lines to tis area. I have two tanks of propane that I use for the "gas" stuff.

                      "In God we Trust"
                      JAZ:-D

                      But we're still using air conditioning here in Central Florida, near 90 degrees today, not gas for heat.   Hum is quiet now???
                      "In God we Trust"
                      JAZ:-D

                      Convoy meaning sound of idling trucks. Have you investigated when the new gasline from broadhaven bay to galway went on line?

                      On Oct 13, 2011, at 12:37 PM, "helga" <hnfgleeson@...> wrote:

                      SAME GOES FOR HERE.....THE WEST OF IRELAND HAS BEEN QUITE FOR A COUPLE OF........MONTHS!!!!!! TWO NIGHTS AGO THE CONVOY OF TRUCKS HAS BEEN PARKED OUTSIDE MAKING ITS OWN FAMILIAR NOISE .....OUT OF THE BLUE...AND CAN EVEN HEAR IT JUST WALKING AROUND......VERY VERY LOUD <wlEmoticon-sadsmile[1].png>

                      The point I cryptically was making to generate electric ther are many new gas fired power plants in florida.  The line that I think passes your area is teh Gulfstream system to teh east coast.  It went in on a phased basis and it appears that it and teh capacity changes from Elba Island in GA into Florida correlate to hum reprots.  Check your google on the expansion of gas capacity in Florida in teh 2000's.  You do have a Nuke there over in Port St Lucie for electric, but the major increases as in gas.  I have 3 major gas lines by my home, and we can't even get gas, we're oil and electric.