hum and ocean waves

  • cariwilson75
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2011
      I have already posted on this group that I am hearing a hum sound with not identifiable cause in my new house. It is about 700m from the beach. I have lived before at the beach without this bother.
      I can here it inside and out although worse inside - sometimes louder and other times quiter.

      Does anyone know if ocean waves can under cirtain cirumstances and conditions produce a hum like sound. I have read that they emit infrasound. Is it possible I am picking this up ? My husband can hear the sound only if he tunes in and concentrates and most of the time is not aware of it.