Re: HUM_FORUM: ocean surf CD

    Message 1 of 39 , May 31, 2011

      In a message dated 03/05/2011 07:04:32 GMT Daylight Time, wzvarick@... writes:
      Once my hum started in ernest about two years ago, I noticed that the frequencies of the white noise of the surf (i.e the high, static-y noises) plus the gray noise of the surf (the low rumbles as the waves drag against the shore) effectively cancel out the hum for me. I think especially the low frequencies, which makes sense since the hum is a low frequency, but also the higher white noises add a type of distracting signal for me.
      Hello,
      Just a quick note :
      You find that the sound of the surf, then the drag against the shore help you sleep :
      I am exactly the opposite !
       I tried one of those waves-on-the-shore C.D.'s, and although it's nice, if I'm trying to get to sleep, I keep
      noticing each time the wave comes in, then I'm waiting for the rush back down the beach/shingle, then I'm waiting for the next wave, and so on !   I find a 'dead-steady' sound is best for me,
       as with the 'sound conditioner' , or 'noise masker' machines : they make a very steady 'hiss' sound, which
      you accept more readily I suspect than a fluctuating sound. Even though the sound they make is fairly high-pitched, it distracts the attention a little.....and at least it gives the feeling that you're putting something of YOUR choice between you and the nuisance from outside.
       As you say, different folks react differently,
      but so glad your C.D. helps you anyway.
      Best Wishes,
      R.M.,
       LFNSH,
      England

    • marilyn8492
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 5, 2011
        Hi everyone, at the moment there is silence regarding the hum also very quiet with no tv & media knocking at my door.