Trimming emails...

  • Carole C
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2011
      Actually, there are good reasons to trim irrelevant material out of your responses. Leaving in every prior
      post in a thread creates a long email that's difficult to navigate, especially since some people put their
      response at the top, some put their response at the bottom, and some reply by interlineation. It makes it
      difficult to figure out just who said what, and I'll admit sometimes I just skip over those posts because I
      don't feel like taking the time to puzzle it out. I can totally understand why Tom is frustrated.

      Additionally, it creates a NIGHTMARE for anybody who needs to search the archives. Nothing quite like like
      having 53 irrelevant responses show up when you're looking for a specific post.

      And you wonder why the "old-timers" get cranky...

      Carole

      Carole et.al. i think we just have a few curmudgeons on here. for anyone to take the time and energy to come
      and complain about posts regarding the HUM is just silly. who cares if someone puts a subject or not? and
      typo's? Please ! I speak fluent typo as I am sure most of us do in this computer age.

      Can I just end by saying that I hope that Ina Garten comes by the HUM forum as i have a few choice words for
      her.

      That's all folks
    • andrea

        Carole et.al. i think we just have a few curmudgeons on here. for anyone to take the time and energy to come
        and complain about posts regarding the HUM is just silly. who cares if someone puts a subject or not? and
        typo's? Please !  I speak fluent typo as I am sure most of us do in this computer age.

        Can I just end by saying that I hope that Ina Garten comes by the HUM forum as i have a few choice words for
        her.

        That's all folks

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           humforum-digest@yahoogroups.com
           humforum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Pictoblu

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
            I think the golden rule is a good standard throughout our daily lives, including our 21st century ones. Maybe I'm too old fashioned though. :\

            That said, we are all individual creatures biding our time here on planet earth and live accordingly to how we are best suited i suppose.

            Off to enjoy my daylight HUM.

            Andrea in NC