Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: General Belief

  • andrea
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
      Hey All - Cindi just to answer your question.. I have a tendency to believe it's man made but am not sufficiently knowledgeable to know for certain of course..

      That said.. the HUM and its accompanying vibration have been tearing along each day now with a vengeance. I can't seem to escape it's familiar wail.

      And William on your post there - you know how in medicine they will look at a deferential diagnosis and rule out everything else before offering conclusions.. that is sorta how I see this HUM. Elusive enough to require strict data.

      very serious for a saturday night. i wonder what I would have thought of my 36 year old self 10 years ago partying along my merry way?

      :D

      Most people would die sooner than think — in fact they do so.
      - Bertrand Russell

      On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 5:51 PM, william zvarick <wzvarick@...> wrote:

      Cindi you may have noticed by now there are plenty of theories, some more vigorously defended than others, but there is definitely no consensus.

      William
      Baltimore md

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 8, 2011, at 11:31 AM, "Leah Ryan" <leahryan@...> wrote:

      Cindi0 asked:
      Hello again. So what is the general consensus in this group? Do most of you believe the Hum is natural, or manmade? Or a combination?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      I'd say a combo.
      Leah

    • Nancy Johnstone
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
        I believe it is manmade.  I have heard it about 5 years; I live just south of Dallas, Texas; I'm 64.  I've lived in this house about 10 years.  I'm allergic to milk and consume very little dairy products.

        Nancy J.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
          That's a difficult question. It seems as though we are talking about different noises. The folks on the east coast are discussing pipelines and microwave transmitters, which would in fact be producing intense vibrations and noise. I live in a remote area of NM and previously was in NE Idaho, where there are no gas lines nor microwave transmitters closer than 60 to 100 miles--if that. I hear it the loudest in the quietest landscapes. It does not vibrate for me...but sounds like prop planes in the distance--a soft, deep ongoing hum that does not pulse nor variate. So--artificial or natural? I say natural, but I tie it into the manner in which the planet is changing under us--from increased earthquake and volcanic activity to  a rapidly vanishing EM field.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011

            Exactly Nancy.  We seem to be talking about different noises. So maybe we are. I know I've said this before but it seems to me that the fundamental concept about the hum may not be correct. There isn't just one hum. Or rather the hum is a phenomenon that manifests in different ways depending on the global environment and modified by the local environmentof the hearer.

            The subjective experience of many hum hearers have much in common.  But also many differences.  How do we explain why in six years of this forum's existence there has never been total consensus when surveys have been attempted? Forum members report differences in intensity, pitch, presence or absence of beat frequencies, electric feel in the air, body effects like vibration and pressure and so on.

            So when Cindi asks whether we think the hum is natural or man made, it seems logical to me that a combination of that and a combination of global and local sources, explains it best.  Why wouldn't people far from any easily identifiable local sources of the hum hear a different manifestation of the hum from someone who is surrounded by thousands of potential sources of noise?

            We are not separate from the world we live in but intricately linked and responsive to the forces it produces, both man made and other.

            That's the thing.  Whatever set of circumstances causes the hum is just a set of objective events until it has a HUMAN VECTOR to act upon.

            I would imagine that people's complaints about the hum to local authorities and in newspaper articles, have been the starting point for most of the scientists who have researched the hum. And that meant that their hypothesis and their project designs were determined by a local manifestation of the hum.  Perhaps that is in the process of changing and global influences such as the Schumann Resonances are considered to be an integrated source for the hum too.

            MaggieNSW Australia