ELFs, EMF reversals etc

  • ncycat
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2011
      I am somewhat of the opinion that what we are hearing is tied into the electromagnetic fields of the planet. There is a big shift happening right now, as explained here
      http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/magnetic/

      The following is an excerpt from a letter I received from a friend in Colorado:
      "The Earth has certain electromagnetic frequencies that most life could be attuned to. They are called ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) fields. Characteristics of some waves in relation to organic matter is that their wavelength is equal to the radius of the Earth, in particular the Schumann Resonances.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonance#Speculation_about_Schumann_resonance_effects_in_non-geophysics_domains

      The theory that has me interested stems first from the idea that a naturally evolving electromagnetic system (like biological ones) would be influenced and helped by the presence of a low-energy field that is already in place. Because biological creatures aren't giant dynamos, their nervous systems would have extremely low frequencies that they generate naturally, which would "float" (please excuse the extremely unscientific term, I'm not entirely certain how to put it) upon that present in the environment. Human electromagnetic fields, for example, can range from .3 MHz to 15 MHz, depending on emotional state, health, etc. (and inversely can affect each of those) These line up quite nicely with the Schumann Fields that exist naturally-- but I admit finding reliable sources on this data is extremely difficult.

      Extending the theory, the position of the sun and moon in the sky, intensity of solar flares or other cosmic events can all effect the ELFs of the earth and thereby affect the behavior of the organisms within it that resonate with the frequencies. Biologists speculate some animal and plant behavior that previously seemed unexplained (why this flower only blooms on a full moon, for example) could be related to variations in this field. I have no further data about any research that may surround this. However, it has been noted that ELFs produced by power lines (60Mhz-300Mhz) are quite adverse to animal health.
      http://www.who.int/peh-emf/about/WhatisEMF/en/index.html
      By extension ELFs would have other effects on human systems...."

      To me, this invites more research.
      Peace,
      Nancy
    • Carole C
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2011
        Hi Nancy... The Schumann Resonances are in the range of around 3 to 69 Hertz (not megaHertz), with peaks
        around 7.83, 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz. This is the same range as normal human brainwaves, and a friend
        and I have noticed a possible correlation between the Schumann Resonances and the hum. We don't have enough
        information or data to prove it, though.

        "Human electromagnetic fields, for example, can range from .3 MHz to 15 MHz, depending on emotional state,
        health, etc. (and inversely can affect each of those) These line up quite nicely with the Schumann Fields that
        exist naturally-- but I admit finding reliable sources on this data is extremely difficult."

        Perhaps you meant .3 to 15 Hertz? Here's a radio frequency spectrum chart that might help...

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_spectrum

        That said, I think there very well could be a correlation between the hum and the Schumann Resonances.

        Another possible correlation exists between light (which is also electromagnetic, but at a much higher
        frequency), and the hum. I think both of these idea are worth pursuing. Thanks for your post!

        Carole

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2011
          On 1/1/11, ncycat <ncycat@...> wrote:

          > The theory that has me interested stems first from the idea that a naturally
          > evolving electromagnetic system (like biological ones) would be influenced
          > and helped by the presence of a low-energy field that is already in place.
          > Because biological creatures aren't giant dynamos, their nervous systems
          > would have extremely low frequencies that they generate naturally, which
          > would "float" (please excuse the extremely unscientific term, I'm not
          > entirely certain how to put it) upon that present in the environment. Human
          > electromagnetic fields, for example, can range from .3 MHz to 15 MHz,
          > depending on emotional state, health, etc. (and inversely can affect each of
          > those) These line up quite nicely with the Schumann Fields that exist
          > naturally-- but I admit finding reliable sources on this data is extremely
          > difficult.

          I don't quite get this. How do the human electromagnetic fields in the
          range .3 to 15 MHz line up with Schumann resonances? The Schumann
          frequency varies slightly through the day, week and season but is
          basically in the range of 7.7 to 8.1 Hz - around .000007 MHz.

          Zack
        • Nancy Carre
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2011
            Hey Zack
            Good question! That was a typo--sorry. It's Hertz, not Mega hertz for the human brainwave activity.
            Here is more info:

            The natural frequencies of the Human Brain are:

            Beta waves (14 to 30 Hz),

            Alpha waves (8 to 13 Hz),

            Theta waves (4 to 7 Hz), and

            Delta waves (1 to 3 Hz).

            The Beta and Alpha waves (8 to 30 Hz) seem

            to correspond to the

            Schumann resonances:  7.8, 14, 20, 26, 33, 39 and 45 Hertz.

            What about the Theta and Delta Waves (1 to 7 Hz)?

            The 1 Hz frequency of the Delta waves is 7.5 times lower

            than the 7.5 Hz natural frequency at the surface of the Earth.

            Since the radius of the Earth is about 6,400 km,

            the radius for a 1 Hz natural frequency is

            about 7.5 x 6,400 = 48,000 km.

            Here are some natural frequencies that seem to correspond

            to the Delta and Theta waves of the Human Brain.

            Plasma Sheet (opposite Sun),

            inner radius                   =  60,000 km   0.8 Hz

            Magnetopause (toward Sun),

            radius                         =  60,000 km   0.8 Hz

            Geosynchronous orbit,

            radius                         =  35,000 km   1.4 Hz

            Outer Van Allen electron belt,

            outer radius                   =  25,000 km   2 Hz

            Inner Van Allen proton belt,

            outer radius                   =  12,000 km   4 Hz

            Inner Van Allen proton belt,

            inner radius                   =   8,400 km   5.7 Hz

            As to the following frequencies:

            Magnetopause

            (opposite Sun),  radius        = 380,000 km   0.125 Hz

            Plasma Sheet

            (opposite Sun), outer radius   = 380,000 km   0.125 Hz

            Moon orbit,

            radius                         = 384,000 km   0.125 Hz

            it is interesting that 0.125 Hz is about 8 seconds per cycle,

            which is roughly the same period as the 5 second delay

            that has been observed between

            the onset of a 1 to 2 millitesla magnetic field

            (about 100 times stronger than Earth's magnetic field)

            and the first bursts of brain activity

            responding to the magnetic field.

            (See Science 260 (11 June 1993) 1590.)

          • Zack Widup
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 3, 2011
              Now that makes sense! Thanks.

              Zack

            • patty94@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 5, 2011
                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Carre <ncycat@...> wrote:

                > Hey Zack
                > Good question! That was a typo--sorry. It's Hertz, not Mega hertz for the human brainwave activity.
                > Here is more info:
                > The natural frequencies of the Human Brain are:
                > Beta waves (14 to 30 Hz),
                > Alpha waves (8 to 13 Hz),
                > Theta waves (4 to 7 Hz), and
                > Delta waves (1 to 3 Hz).
                >
                > The Beta and Alpha waves (8 to 30 Hz) seem
                > to correspond to the
                > Schumann resonances:  7.8, 14, 20, 26, 33, 39 and 45 Hertz.
                >

                > What about the Theta and Delta Waves (1 to 7 Hz)?
                >

                > The 1 Hz frequency of the Delta waves is 7.5 times lower
                > than the 7.5 Hz natural frequency at the surface of the Earth.
                > Since the radius of the Earth is about 6,400 km,
                > the radius for a 1 Hz natural frequency is
                > about 7.5 x 6,400 = 48,000 km.
                >
                > Here are some natural frequencies that seem to correspond
                > to the Delta and Theta waves of the Human Brain.
                >
                > Plasma Sheet (opposite Sun),
                > inner radius                   =  60,000 km   0.8 Hz
                >
                > Magnetopause (toward Sun),
                > radius                         =  60,000 km   0.8 Hz
                >
                > Geosynchronous orbit,
                > radius                         =  35,000 km   1.4 Hz
                >
                > Outer Van Allen electron belt,
                > outer radius                   =  25,000 km   2 Hz
                >
                > Inner Van Allen proton belt,
                > outer radius                   =  12,000 km   4 Hz
                >
                > Inner Van Allen proton belt,
                > inner radius                   =   8,400 km   5.7 Hz
                >

                > As to the following frequencies:
                >
                > Magnetopause
                > (opposite Sun),  radius        = 380,000 km   0.125 Hz
                >
                > Plasma Sheet
                > (opposite Sun), outer radius   = 380,000 km   0.125 Hz
                >
                > Moon orbit,
                > radius                         = 384,000 km   0.125 Hz
                >
                > it is interesting that 0.125 Hz is about 8 seconds per cycle,
                > which is roughly the same period as the 5 second delay
                > that has been observed between
                > the onset of a 1 to 2 millitesla magnetic field
                > (about 100 times stronger than Earth's magnetic field)
                > and the first bursts of brain activity
                > responding to the magnetic field.
                > (See Science 260 (11 June 1993) 1590.)

                Hi all; These are the things I've found so-far. The difference between the earths natural EM field is basically static and has a neutral effect on we humans (we're use to the fluctuations) The introduced electromagnetics from the microwave towers is pulsed or referred to as amplitude modulation. I think it is the pulse that is created is what I'm hearing. It took along time but what they call the wave packets of the nervous system are soliton wave packets, thats how messages migrate thru the nervous system. I think that is what I'm feeling - it feels like vibrations with a pressure. I have also read that some people with cochlear implants have the same type of side effects on thier facial nerves.
                Patty soutern Ontario, Canada
              • Nancy Carre
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 5, 2011
                  Hi Patty,
                  Although I would agree that microwave towers might have some effect, the hum is not localized nor is it restricted to industrialized countries with these towers. The fact that the EM of the planet has been relatively neutral in the past does not speak for its current effects. It is fluctuating and, as noted in the program on NOVA, is about to flip polarity within the near future, something that has not happened in the past 700,000 years. How it is affecting human, animal, insecvt and plant life now...?

                  > Good question! That was a typo--sorry. It's Hertz, not Mega hertz for the human brainwave activity.
                  > Here is more info:
                  > The natural frequencies of the Human Brain are:
                  > Beta waves (14 to 30 Hz),
                  > Alpha waves (8 to 13 Hz),
                  > Theta waves (4 to 7 Hz), and
                  > Delta waves (1 to 3 Hz).
                  >
                  > The Beta and Alpha waves (8 to 30 Hz) seem
                  > to correspond to the
                  > Schumann resonances:  7.8, 14, 20, 26, 33, 39 and 45 Hertz.
                  >

                  > What about the Theta and Delta Waves (1 to 7 Hz)?
                  >

                  > The 1 Hz frequency of the Delta waves is 7.5 times lower
                  > than the 7.5 Hz natural frequency at the surface of the Earth.
                  > Since the radius of the Earth is about 6,400 km,
                  > the radius for a 1 Hz natural frequency is
                  > about 7.5 x 6,400 = 48,000 km.
                  >
                  > Here are some natural frequencies that seem to correspond
                  > to the Delta and Theta waves of the Human Brain.
                  >
                  > Plasma Sheet (opposite Sun),
                  > inner radius                   =  60,000 km   0.8 Hz
                  >
                  > Magnetopause (toward Sun),
                  > radius                         =  60,000 km   0.8 Hz
                  >
                  > Geosynchronous orbit,
                  > radius                         =  35,000 km   1.4 Hz
                  >
                  > Outer Van Allen electron belt,
                  > outer radius                   =  25,000 km   2 Hz
                  >
                  > Inner Van Allen proton belt,
                  > outer radius                   =  12,000 km   4 Hz
                  >
                  > Inner Van Allen proton belt,
                  > inner radius                   =   8,400 km   5.7 Hz
                  >

                  > As to the following frequencies:
                  >
                  > Magnetopause
                  > (opposite Sun),  radius        = 380,000 km   0.125 Hz
                  >
                  > Plasma Sheet
                  > (opposite Sun), outer radius   = 380,000 km   0.125 Hz
                  >
                  > Moon orbit,
                  > radius                         = 384,000 km   0.125 Hz
                  >
                  > it is interesting that 0.125 Hz is about 8 seconds per cycle,
                  > which is roughly the same period as the 5 second delay
                  > that has been observed between
                  > the onset of a 1 to 2 millitesla magnetic field
                  > (about 100 times stronger than Earth's magnetic field)
                  > and the first bursts of brain activity
                  > responding to the magnetic field.
                  > (See Science 260 (11 June 1993) 1590.)

                  Hi all; These are the things I've found so-far. The difference between the earths natural EM field is basically static and has a neutral effect on we humans (we're use to the fluctuations) The introduced electromagnetics from the microwave towers is pulsed or referred to as amplitude modulation. I think it is the pulse that is created is what I'm hearing. It took along time but what they call the wave packets of the nervous system are soliton wave packets, thats how messages migrate thru the nervous system. I think that is what I'm feeling - it feels like vibrations with a pressure. I have also read that some people with cochlear implants have the same type of side effects on thier facial nerves.
                  Patty soutern Ontario, Canada

                • c_o_p_s_ne
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 8, 2011
                    Patty what town are you in? or near. The line that comes into CT comes down from Iroquois Ont.

                    --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "patty94@..." <patty94@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > and the first bursts of brain activity
                    > > responding to the magnetic field.
                    > > (See Science 260 (11 June 1993) 1590.)
                    > >

                    > Hi all; These are the things I've found so-far. The difference between the earths natural EM field is basically static and has a neutral effect on we humans (we're use to the fluctuations) The introduced electromagnetics from the microwave towers is pulsed or referred to as amplitude modulation. I think it is the pulse that is created is what I'm hearing. It took along time but what they call the wave packets of the nervous system are soliton wave packets, thats how messages migrate thru the nervous system. I think that is what I'm feeling - it feels like vibrations with a pressure. I have also read that some people with cochlear implants have the same type of side effects on thier facial nerves.

                  • Nancy Johnstone
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 8, 2011
                      What lines do you find directly south of Dallas?  I used to live in Irving, and did not hear it there.  Irving is on the West edge of Dallas.  I've moved about 20 miles south, and 5 miles east, and began hearing it about 5 years ago.

                      The only map I found was small, of the whole U.S.  Texas had many lines, esp. North & east.  I couldn't enlarge it to look at my area more closely.

                      Thanks,
                      nanwj@...

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 8, 2011
                          great idea!  Thanks, Carole.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 9, 2011
                            The lines of interest are the interstate and intrastate high pressure, large lines. In CT they are painted (each co differnt color) pipe posts with decals on each side of the road. funny thing, we do not have gas to our homes in our area, only the transport lines to NY, Boston, etc. The Feferal Public Viewer EIA maps show these lines for gas and liguids