I'm so happy!

  • cindi0398
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
      I'm finally home! Been lookin for those who can empathize and understand! As I sit here typing, the hum is particularly loud today. I've heard it for many months now. Have come to the realization that it's not to be discussed much with the non-hearer, lest they think you are crazy. Hello everyone!!!

      Yes, I went thru ALL the standard search patterns so many others have, even having the electric company literally pull our meter off the house! We drove up the mountain to our cabin one day. I thoroughly expected I'd be able to escape the incessant hum at that point. Imagine the expression on my face the instant I opened the vehicle door. Totally did NOT expect to hear anything but peace and quiet. I told my husband that if I still heard it up there, I'd get my hearing checked. Never did...because I know it's not in my ears.

      FYI; I am in San Diego county. Don't know about anyone else, but I hear it as an F#, two octaves below middle C, and a second modulating pitch much lower (if that means anything).

      Look forward to hearing more on this forum! -Cindi
    • c_o_p_s_ne
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
        fortunately, or unfortunately we're stuck in snow, and didn't make it to FL. So time for compulsiveness on getting to the bottom of this. FYI, looking at the gas maps fom SD airport 13 miles radius there seems to be quite a few lines. Don't want to pry what town exactly but I am finding many of the reports, close to lines around the country. If your cabin is withn 18 miles of the coast line in SD county you could have a line near there.

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
          Did you come over from the other site?

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "cindi0398" <cindi0398@...> wrote:

          > I'm finally home! Been lookin for those who can empathize and understand! As I sit here typing, the hum is particularly loud today. I've heard it for many months now. Have come to the realization that it's not to be discussed much with the non-hearer, lest they think you are crazy. Hello everyone!!!
          >
          > Yes, I went thru ALL the standard search patterns so many others have, even having the electric company literally pull our meter off the house! We drove up the mountain to our cabin one day. I thoroughly expected I'd be able to escape the incessant hum at that point. Imagine the expression on my face the instant I opened the vehicle door. Totally did NOT expect to hear anything but peace and quiet. I told my husband that if I still heard it up there, I'd get my hearing checked. Never did...because I know it's not in my ears.
          >
          > FYI; I am in San Diego county. Don't know about anyone else, but I hear it as an F#, two octaves below middle C, and a second modulating pitch much lower (if that means anything).
          >
          > Look forward to hearing more on this forum! -Cindi

        • Jerry Cummings
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
            There's "another site" ... ?

            At 03:13 PM 12/27/2010, you wrote:

            Did you come over from the other site?

            --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "cindi0398" <cindi0398@...> wrote:

            > I'm finally home! Been lookin for those who can empathize and understand! As I sit here typing, the hum is particularly loud today. I've heard it for many months now. Have come to the realization that it's not to be discussed much with the non-hearer, lest they think you are crazy. Hello everyone!!!
            >
            > Yes, I went thru ALL the standard search patterns so many others have, even having the electric company literally pull our meter off the house! We drove up the mountain to our cabin one day. I thoroughly expected I'd be able to escape the incessant hum at that point. Imagine the expression on my face the instant I opened the vehicle door. Totally did NOT expect to hear anything but peace and quiet. I told my husband that if I still heard it up there, I'd get my hearing checked. Never did...because I know it's not in my ears.
            >
            > FYI; I am in San Diego county. Don't know about anyone else, but I hear it as an F#, two octaves below middle C, and a second modulating pitch much lower (if that means anything).
            >
            > Look forward to hearing more on this forum! -Cindi

            "It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe

          • andrea
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
              Welcome to our bizarro world Cindi! I think that most of us would say that we felt exactly the same way upon finding this group. We may be small, but we're scrappy. The most important thing I think is that we know other people are experiencing the same thing. Glad to have you.

              Tess in NC.

            • c_o_p_s_ne
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
                Here's at least two. try to get everyone posting to one site, and contiue the others as they see appropriate

                http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/advice/t-55517.html seems as though it started as a genreal home type problem but expanded

                http://www.aticourses.com/blog/index.php/2010/03/07/home-low-frequency-hum-house-is-literally-humming/comment-page-1/

                This problem is more expansive than you can imagine. But the theory needs to be worked using data.

                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Cummings <futures8@...> wrote:

                > There's "another site" ... ?
                >

                > At 03:13 PM 12/27/2010, you wrote:
                > >

                > >Did you come over from the other site?
                > >
                > >--- In
                > ><mailto:humforum%40yahoogroups.com>humforum@yahoogroups.com,
                > >"cindi0398" <cindi0398@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I'm finally home! Been lookin for those who
                > > can empathize and understand! As I sit here
                > > typing, the hum is particularly loud today.
                > > I've heard it for many months now. Have come to
                > > the realization that it's not to be discussed
                > > much with the non-hearer, lest they think you are crazy. Hello everyone!!!
                > > >
                > > > Yes, I went thru ALL the standard search
                > > patterns so many others have, even having the
                > > electric company literally pull our meter off
                > > the house! We drove up the mountain to our
                > > cabin one day. I thoroughly expected I'd be
                > > able to escape the incessant hum at that point.
                > > Imagine the expression on my face the instant I
                > > opened the vehicle door. Totally did NOT expect
                > > to hear anything but peace and quiet. I told my
                > > husband that if I still heard it up there, I'd
                > > get my hearing checked. Never did...because I know it's not in my ears.
                > > >
                > > > FYI; I am in San Diego county. Don't know
                > > about anyone else, but I hear it as an F#, two
                > > octaves below middle C, and a second modulating
                > > pitch much lower (if that means anything).
                > > >
                > > > Look forward to hearing more on this forum! -Cindi
                > > >

                > _________________________________________________________________________________________
                > "It's too late to work within the system, but too
                > early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe

              • Nancy Johnstone
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
                  I've just found this group.  The link to post location is not working--have tried several times.  I have heard the hum for at least four years.  I'm located just 4 miles south of Dallas, Texas; when I looked on a map someone posted (thanks) of whole US, Texas is loaded with pipelines, especially Dallas, East Texas, and Houston areas.

                  I have tried for years to figure out what the hum is/was; I've lived in this area most of my life, 55 years or so; I lived in Dallas, Irving, Arlington, Bryan, Fort Worth, and back to Irving.  I just moved to DeSoto in 2001.  A friend suggested it might have something to do with ley lines.  The house I'm in now is the only place I've experienced this.  To me, it is as much a vibration as a low rumbling, throbbing noise.  It sounds much like several descriptions I saw on this site.

                  Please help with the location post site, and let me know how many other Texans have reported in.
                  Thanks,
                  Nancy J.
                • cindi0398
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
                    Well, I am way too new to know what you are referring to exactly. Gas lines? Regardless, our cabin is 5600 feet high, and not near the coast. :). Is there a lot of talk about gas lines? They've been here forever.... Perhaps you are referring to something else entirely.

                    I tried reading part of the large report Iisted in files until I ran out of time. Very interesting studies.

                    Anyway, I thank those who replied and the lovely greeting too. Look forward to "hearing" more from this group....the only group, btw, that I have ever found or joined. As I said, I'm just glad you all are here.

                    Just so you'll know, we will be up at the cabin for a few days and we do not get Internet there very well. (the hum, yes! Internet, no! LOL) So please don't think I'm ignoring if I don't respond for a few. And cops, please send some of that snow our way.
                    A Happy "almost" New Year to everyone too! -Cindi

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
                      Ah, yes, I have posted on askmehelpdesk. I thought you were referring to another yahoo forum.
                      I have found several Hum sites out there...some interesting, some quacky.

                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
                        Thank you so much Tess. I wouldn't allow anyone outside the "hum hearers" to actually call me/us bizarro, but in the sanctity of this group, go for it! Heheheheee. I have a good friend who once asked if maybe I was "possessed". Yes, she IS a good friend and maybe it was in teasing or maybe it just slipped out. But whatever it was that made her ask that, it really irked me. That was the beginning of me clamming up around non-hearers.
                        If I gotta be cwazy, or scrappy, or even bizarro, at least here I can be that among my peers! Heheheee. Feeling accepted is a VERY good thing. ;). Thanks again.

                        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, andrea <savingtess@...> wrote:

                        > Welcome to our bizarro world Cindi! I think that most of us would say that
                        > we felt exactly the same way upon finding this group. We may be small, but
                        > we're scrappy. The most important thing I think is that we know other people
                        > are experiencing the same thing. Glad to have you. [?]
                        >
                        > Tess in NC.

                      • william zvarick
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 27, 2010
                          Cindi it is a little bizarre to hear a distinct, buzzing, pulsing hum and the person next to you can't hear anything. I've had people ask me also if I was possessed, if it was "Them" I was hearing, was I about to be swooped up by aliens, etc etc. This thing is just plain bizarre. It doesn't necessarily follow that we who hear it are bizarre. Maybe not, maybe so, but not because we can hear the hum. The hum is so bizarre and so unfathomable that people come up with theory after theory, but never (as far as I can tell) with any substantive evidence to support any given theory. On this forum people debate, offer opinions, but there's no pinning anything down. In fact the hum kind of reminds me of a giant Rorschach ink blot test - with everyone projecting his or her own views upon it. It does seem that the longer people hear the hum the less they attribute it exclusively to a single local cause. That's about as specific as it gets as far as I can tell. Anyway, I'm kind of new here too, but glad to have you join in.

                          William
                          Baltimore MD

                          On Dec 27, 2010, at 11:03 PM, cindi0398 wrote:

                          Thank you so much Tess. I wouldn't allow anyone outside the "hum hearers" to actually call me/us bizarro, but in the sanctity of this group, go for it! Heheheheee. I have a good friend who once asked if maybe I was "possessed". Yes, she IS a good friend and maybe it was in teasing or maybe it just slipped out. But whatever it was that made her ask that, it really irked me. That was the beginning of me clamming up around non-hearers.
                          If I gotta be cwazy, or scrappy, or even bizarro, at least here I can be that among my peers! Heheheee. Feeling accepted is a VERY good thing. ;). Thanks again.

                          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, andrea <savingtess@...> wrote:

                          > Welcome to our bizarro world Cindi! I think that most of us would say that
                          > we felt exactly the same way upon finding this group. We may be small, but
                          > we're scrappy. The most important thing I think is that we know other people
                          > are experiencing the same thing. Glad to have you. [?]
                          >
                          > Tess in NC.

                        • cindi0398
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 28, 2010
                            Hey William... I guess I DO have my own theory about what it is, and have already (tried to) accept it. I guess it bothered me the most when I couldn't come up with a clue what it was. Now that I have "my" particular theory, it's not as irksome I suppose. Although one night, during the rain last week, it was exceptionally loud and started to get to me. Will it be that way? I haven't heard it for years like some of you, so I don't know yet.
                            It is frustrating when someone tells me to get my hearing checked. That's like telling someone to get their eyes checked because they're seeing too much! Duh

                            Was looking thru and doing the various polls here last night. I'm fairly typical as the group goes. Apparently some totally deaf people hear it. The interesting thing about this is that I lost all hearing in one ear when I was young, and my other ear compensates for it. (Often times I hear things others do not. My two doggies confirm it.). ;). I can put my good ear to the pillow at night to block out noise. It USED to serve me well as I could sleep thru all kinds of noise. Unfortunately, it does not block out the hum. Yet the bizarro part is that we do not "hear" it? It's more a vibration against the bone?
                            Oh well. It will be interesting when we go to the mountain tonight... We may finally get some snow. Will the hum be quiet? Or louder like it is during rainy times?
                            ...Hummmmmmmm.......
                            --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, william zvarick <wzvarick@...> wrote:

                            > Cindi it is a little bizarre to hear a distinct, buzzing, pulsing hum
                            > and the person next to you can't hear anything. I've had people ask me
                            > also if I was possessed, if it was "Them" I was hearing, was I about
                            > to be swooped up by aliens, etc etc. This thing is just plain bizarre.
                            > It doesn't necessarily follow that we who hear it are bizarre. Maybe
                            > not, maybe so, but not because we can hear the hum. The hum is so
                            > bizarre and so unfathomable that people come up with theory after
                            > theory, but never (as far as I can tell) with any substantive evidence
                            > to support any given theory. On this forum people debate, offer
                            > opinions, but there's no pinning anything down. In fact the hum kind
                            > of reminds me of a giant Rorschach ink blot test - with everyone
                            > projecting his or her own views upon it. It does seem that the longer
                            > people hear the hum the less they attribute it exclusively to a single
                            > local cause. That's about as specific as it gets as far as I can tell.
                            > Anyway, I'm kind of new here too, but glad to have you join in.
                            >
                            > William
                            > Baltimore MD
                            >

                            > On Dec 27, 2010, at 11:03 PM, cindi0398 wrote:
                            >
                            > > Thank you so much Tess. I wouldn't allow anyone outside the "hum
                            > > hearers" to actually call me/us bizarro, but in the sanctity of this
                            > > group, go for it! Heheheheee. I have a good friend who once asked if
                            > > maybe I was "possessed". Yes, she IS a good friend and maybe it was
                            > > in teasing or maybe it just slipped out. But whatever it was that
                            > > made her ask that, it really irked me. That was the beginning of me
                            > > clamming up around non-hearers.
                            > > If I gotta be cwazy, or scrappy, or even bizarro, at least here I
                            > > can be that among my peers! Heheheee. Feeling accepted is a VERY
                            > > good thing. ;). Thanks again.
                            > >
                            > > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, andrea <savingtess@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Welcome to our bizarro world Cindi! I think that most of us would
                            > > say that
                            > > > we felt exactly the same way upon finding this group. We may be
                            > > small, but
                            > > > we're scrappy. The most important thing I think is that we know
                            > > other people
                            > > > are experiencing the same thing. Glad to have you. [?]
                            > > >
                            > > > Tess in NC.

                          • andrea
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 28, 2010
                              Just catching up here...I just replied to a member here regarding gas lines being a possible source for the Hum.. My family and I visited the jaldapara wildlife sanctuary in india in '08.. I heard the Hum there as well as yellowstone park in Wyoming. Just information here, again, but I suppose one would need to understand more the science of gas lines to be better equipped than I, but I would think that our preserved parks would be free from most of these utilitarian uses?

                              Most people would die sooner than think — in fact they do so.
                              - Bertrand Russell

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 28, 2010
                                That was from an episode of seinfeld years back and I remember thinking when I first started hearing the HUM that surely this would be what a bizarro world was if it was ever indeed!

                                I spent at least a year trying to get my family and friends to hear what I was hearing.. but to no avail. It wasn't until I typed in the right key words that google brought me to this group not too long ago now. How thrilled I was to find others that knew what I was experiencing!

                                On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM, cindi0398 <cindi0398@...> wrote:

                                Thank you so much Tess. I wouldn't allow anyone outside the "hum hearers" to actually call me/us bizarro, but in the sanctity of this group, go for it! Heheheheee. I have a good friend who once asked if maybe I was "possessed". Yes, she IS a good friend and maybe it was in teasing or maybe it just slipped out. But whatever it was that made her ask that, it really irked me. That was the beginning of me clamming up around non-hearers.
                                If I gotta be cwazy, or scrappy, or even bizarro, at least here I can be that among my peers! Heheheee. Feeling accepted is a VERY good thing. ;). Thanks again.

                                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, andrea <savingtess@...> wrote:

                                > Welcome to our bizarro world Cindi! I think that most of us would say that
                                > we felt exactly the same way upon finding this group. We may be small, but
                                > we're scrappy. The most important thing I think is that we know other people
                                > are experiencing the same thing. Glad to have you. [?]
                                >
                                > Tess in NC.

                              • andrea
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 28, 2010
                                  I completely agree with you William. I think it's too easy to believe some theories because we want an answer so badly. As humans we want, need to understand our environment in order to be able to successful control it. The Hum, at least thus far, is completely out of our control.

                                  On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM, andrea <savingtess@...> wrote:
                                  That was from an episode of seinfeld years back and I remember thinking when I first started hearing the HUM that surely this would be what a bizarro world was if it was ever indeed!

                                  I spent at least a year trying to get my family and friends to hear what I was hearing.. but to no avail. It wasn't until I typed in the right key words that google brought me to this group not too long ago now. How thrilled I was to find others that knew what I was experiencing!

                                  On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM, cindi0398 <cindi0398@...> wrote:

                                  Thank you so much Tess. I wouldn't allow anyone outside the "hum hearers" to actually call me/us bizarro, but in the sanctity of this group, go for it! Heheheheee. I have a good friend who once asked if maybe I was "possessed". Yes, she IS a good friend and maybe it was in teasing or maybe it just slipped out. But whatever it was that made her ask that, it really irked me. That was the beginning of me clamming up around non-hearers.
                                  If I gotta be cwazy, or scrappy, or even bizarro, at least here I can be that among my peers! Heheheee. Feeling accepted is a VERY good thing. ;). Thanks again.

                                  --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, andrea <savingtess@...> wrote:

                                  > Welcome to our bizarro world Cindi! I think that most of us would say that
                                  > we felt exactly the same way upon finding this group. We may be small, but
                                  > we're scrappy. The most important thing I think is that we know other people
                                  > are experiencing the same thing. Glad to have you. [?]
                                  >
                                  > Tess in NC.

                                • cindi0398
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 31, 2010
                                    Hi Andrea, and all. Happy New Year! We are still on the mountain and enjoying a little bit of snow. As suspected, the Hum was louder in the rain and quieter in the snow, and we have had both up here this week. Interesting, eh? But then it seems everything gets quieter in snow.
                                    Andrea I should have KNOWN that was from Seinfeld as we are huge fans and can recite about every scene. Meeting another Seinfeld junkie, (and a hum-dinger to boot) makes me want to celebrate another Festivus!

                                    --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, andrea <savingtess@...> wrote:

                                    > That was from an episode of seinfeld years back and I remember thinking when
                                    > I first started hearing the HUM that surely this would be what a bizarro
                                    > world was if it was ever indeed!
                                    >
                                    > I spent at least a year trying to get my family and friends to hear what I
                                    > was hearing.. but to no avail. It wasn't until I typed in the right key
                                    > words that google brought me to this group not too long ago now. How
                                    > thrilled I was to find others that knew what I was experiencing!
                                    >

                                    > On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM, cindi0398 <cindi0398@...> wrote:
                                    >

                                    > > Thank you so much Tess. I wouldn't allow anyone outside the "hum hearers"
                                    > > to actually call me/us bizarro, but in the sanctity of this group, go for
                                    > > it! Heheheheee. I have a good friend who once asked if maybe I was
                                    > > "possessed". Yes, she IS a good friend and maybe it was in teasing or maybe
                                    > > it just slipped out. But whatever it was that made her ask that, it really
                                    > > irked me. That was the beginning of me clamming up around non-hearers.
                                    > > If I gotta be cwazy, or scrappy, or even bizarro, at least here I can be
                                    > > that among my peers! Heheheee. Feeling accepted is a VERY good thing. ;).
                                    > > Thanks again.
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com <humforum%40yahoogroups.com>, andrea
                                    > > <savingtess@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Welcome to our bizarro world Cindi! I think that most of us would say
                                    > > that
                                    > > > we felt exactly the same way upon finding this group. We may be small,
                                    > > but
                                    > > > we're scrappy. The most important thing I think is that we know other
                                    > > people
                                    > > > are experiencing the same thing. Glad to have you. [?]
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Tess in NC.

                                  • william zvarick
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 31, 2010
                                      Happy new year everyone. For what it's worth the hum in Baltimore the past few days has been very dim. Still there, but at an easy level to tune out. I'm enjoying it. Andrea how is your hum? Often it seems to behave like mine.

                                      William
                                      Baltimore MD

                                      On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:43 PM, cindi0398 wrote:

                                      Hi Andrea, and all. Happy New Year! We are still on the mountain and enjoying a little bit of snow. As suspected, the Hum was louder in the rain and quieter in the snow, and we have had both up here this week. Interesting, eh? But then it seems everything gets quieter in snow.
                                      Andrea I should have KNOWN that was from Seinfeld as we are huge fans and can recite about every scene. Meeting another Seinfeld junkie, (and a hum-dinger to boot) makes me want to celebrate another Festivus!

                                      --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, andrea <savingtess@...> wrote:

                                      > That was from an episode of seinfeld years back and I remember thinking when
                                      > I first started hearing the HUM that surely this would be what a bizarro
                                      > world was if it was ever indeed!
                                      >
                                      > I spent at least a year trying to get my family and friends to hear what I
                                      > was hearing.. but to no avail. It wasn't until I typed in the right key
                                      > words that google brought me to this group not too long ago now. How
                                      > thrilled I was to find others that knew what I was experiencing!
                                      >

                                      > On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM, cindi0398 <cindi0398@...> wrote:
                                      >

                                      > > Thank you so much Tess. I wouldn't allow anyone outside the "hum hearers"
                                      > > to actually call me/us bizarro, but in the sanctity of this group, go for
                                      > > it! Heheheheee. I have a good friend who once asked if maybe I was
                                      > > "possessed". Yes, she IS a good friend and maybe it was in teasing or maybe
                                      > > it just slipped out. But whatever it was that made her ask that, it really
                                      > > irked me. That was the beginning of me clamming up around non-hearers.
                                      > > If I gotta be cwazy, or scrappy, or even bizarro, at least here I can be
                                      > > that among my peers! Heheheee. Feeling accepted is a VERY good thing. ;).
                                      > > Thanks again.
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com <humforum%40yahoogroups.com>, andrea
                                      > > <savingtess@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Welcome to our bizarro world Cindi! I think that most of us would say
                                      > > that
                                      > > > we felt exactly the same way upon finding this group. We may be small,
                                      > > but
                                      > > > we're scrappy. The most important thing I think is that we know other
                                      > > people
                                      > > > are experiencing the same thing. Glad to have you. [?]
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Tess in NC.

                                    • c_o_p_s_ne
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jan 8, 2011
                                        I'll add your location on the USA scatter diagram I am assembling, it's based on the reports I collect here and elsewhere. Probably many sources. But the gasline theory I believe has never been aggressively looked at.

                                        We are actually making progress on the local issue here in CT with FERC. Local and state reps ar bhind us in writing with their support to study and resolve this issue, including our town first selectman, CT AG, Senator, ex gov and congressman. Hopefully if we're right, the solution may have use elsewhere in teh country. It'll take some time to get there.

                                        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Johnstone <nanwj@...> wrote:

                                        > I've just found this group.  The link to post location is not working--have tried several times.  I have heard the hum for at least four years.  I'm located just 4 miles south of Dallas, Texas; when I looked on a map someone posted (thanks) of whole US, Texas is loaded with pipelines, especially Dallas, East Texas, and Houston areas.
                                        >
                                        > I have tried for years to figure out what the hum is/was; I've lived in this area most of my life, 55 years or so; I lived in Dallas, Irving, Arlington, Bryan, Fort Worth, and back to Irving.  I just moved to DeSoto in 2001.  A friend suggested it might have something to do with ley lines.  The house I'm in now is the only place I've experienced this.  To me, it is as much a vibration as a low rumbling, throbbing noise.  It sounds much like several descriptions I saw on this site.
                                        >
                                        > Please help with the location post site, and let me know how many other Texans have reported in.
                                        > Thanks,
                                        > Nancy J.

                                      • c_o_p_s_ne
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jan 8, 2011
                                          More snow here, but FL was good. Lines run over mountains and keep in mind that the systems in certain areas are being operated differently than in the past. we bleive that's our issue. What town is the cabin near,or at least some sort of location you are comfortabl pointing out.

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jan 8, 2011
                                            William, we got back from FL Jan 3 and much snow on the ground. And I reported to FERC the HUM was about a 5 out of ten. Today, Jan 8 it's picked up in teh office at home.

                                            Still looking for many more reports of HUM problems and locations.

                                          • Nancy Johnstone
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jan 8, 2011
                                              Dear C_o:  please limit posts.  I think I saw a limit of 3/day--you are hitting Reply All, whether that is your intent or not.
                                              Thanks,
                                              nancy J.
                                              Location: DeSoto, Texas (due South of/adjacent to/Dallas)