Test

  • Leah Ryan
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 5, 2010
      This is just a test.
      Sorry folks...I need to find out if this will go through because Yahoo has been rejecting mail I send to another Yahoo listserv.
      Leah
    • Carole C
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 6, 2010
        Yahoo has been doing a lot of weird things lately. A couple of times when I've tried to visit my one of the
        group sites I belong to (including my own), I've gotten a "Forbidden!" message instead. Then, a few minutes
        later, it will work again.

        Carole

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 19, 2015
          There's been no word here from the hum forum. This email's a test to see if I'm still linked to the site.  The hum/noise is as bad as ever here in South Africa. Tonight it sounds like a full throttled factory engine running outside. Insane pressure on my ears earlier. I keep rubbing my ears for some relief :-(
          Lisle
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 19, 2015
            Hi Lisle,
             Sorry to hear you're suffering so over there. Yes you are hooked up to the forum. It's been quiet here except for a few bursts here and there. Everyone in the forum must be busy since it's been silent a lot lately.
            I'll pray for you to have some relief, Lisle
             Blessings,
            Suzie

            There's been no word here from the hum forum. This email's a test to see if I'm still linked to the site.  The hum/noise is as bad as ever here in South Africa. Tonight it sounds like a full throttled factory engine running outside. Insane pressure on my ears earlier. I keep rubbing my ears for some relief :-(
            Lisle

          • Kathleen Gray
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 19, 2015
              Or rubbing our ears for relief, too🙀
              Here in Spokane Washington, it goes from loud and rumbling to some quieter and more bearable.   No rhyme or reason for the ups and downs that I can figure.
              Hang in there, Lisle!
              Kathleen

              Sent from my iPad

              On Mar 19, 2015, at 4:28 PM, Soozie soozieqty1@... [humforum] <humforum@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Hi Lisle,
               Sorry to hear you're suffering so over there. Yes you are hooked up to the forum. It's been quiet here except for a few bursts here and there. Everyone in the forum must be busy since it's been silent a lot lately.
              I'll pray for you to have some relief, Lisle
               Blessings,
              Suzie

              There's been no word here from the hum forum. This email's a test to see if I'm still linked to the site.  The hum/noise is as bad as ever here in South Africa. Tonight it sounds like a full throttled factory engine running outside. Insane pressure on my ears earlier. I keep rubbing my ears for some relief :-(
              Lisle

            • Tim Kramer
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 19, 2015
                Hi,
                I was wondering why I haven't seen any posts for a while too.

                --
                Sent from Gmail Mobile
              • lidia1313
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 20, 2015
                  Hi, everyone,
                  Sorry to hear that many of you suffer badly! I have posted before a way which helps me to cope with the Hum, alas, seen as a ridiculous snake oil. Still, I invite everyone to try this...

                  I suggested that going to sleep with the ear canals filled in with olive oil and closed by cotton wool, would significantly diminish the Hum hearing. I have been doing this for the last 1.5 years and for me the Hum is much more bearable (and no Hum during the day). This will increase the ringing and hissing in the ears and upon wakening, one may notice that the Hum rumble is still there but beating in rhythm with a vibration felt in the ear (tensor tympani myoclonus). There are 4 possibilities. The 5th possibility is no Hum at all (no muscle reaction in both ears). The 2 muscles in each ear react differently to the Hum. Usually if the stapedius muscle is involved, it would be more of hissing and ringing; when the tensor tympani is involved, it would be a vibration and fluttering in the ear, mixed with the Hum rumble. So combination of these factors would make the Hum suffering better or worse. If only one ear is reacting, then it would be sensed as a temporary relief from the Hum, the best relief I have experienced so far, is one ear being quiet, and tensor tympani vibration in the other...

                  I want to contact a knowledgeable person, and I have one in mind, to complete a deeper research into what's happening when we hear the Hum. He is an emeritus Professor in biophysics in the RNTNE Hospital, London, and is interested in research on low frequency hearing and otoacoustic emissions. He has written several papers on these subjects. Once I make the initial contact and I hope to get his answer, I will let you know.

                  Best regards,

                  Lidia

                • Pangaban1
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 21, 2015
                    Hi all,
                    Heartfelt thanks for the responses. I have tried olive oil and it does take the brunt off  the hum-noise. The day-after residue acts as a damper on my already dodgy hearing (loss almost wholly  in the lower tones, go figure) and clogs my hearing aids.Thanks though, and I am so glad it's bringing you some relief Lidia.
                    I feel the need to say I've worn these hearing aids since my late twenties and have been subjected to the hum-noise for the  past two-and-a-half years.
                    I am working night shift now (whew, a job!! Some may recall I sold my house to escape the hum  and was too sleep deprived and hum-crazy to work so I had left my job.) This website has helped, if not to understand what's happening to us, wi info on  how to survive it. I simply have  to take a light sleeping pill or I will end up in a psych ward. Owl eyes notwithstanding. Crumpets, the declassified nonconventional weapons report (2006 - easy to access on the web) says the military tested  rfs as a means of crowd control,  perhaps until they realised the downside of making a cross mob really, really cross by zapping them with rfs.
                    Finally, I am  still in a cottage, thank goodness, as 'living  small' has helped reduce the stresses as a vlf sufferer. I am under a Spanish-style flat roof which may be keeping the noise 'outside' and in the walls. My former house  was a conductor; metal roof tiles, high pressed metal ceiling, ceramic floor tiles. An acoustic chamber of note.
                    Take good care of yourselves,
                    Lisle

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 21, 2015
                      Me again, the biophysics research plan  is very encouraging. Good luck, let us know.
                      Lisle

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 21, 2015
                          The forum is quiet, not the hum. Working on next phase based on all my work. Legal and possible CT centric news article. Taking my limited available time and attention for now
                          Steve

                          Sent from Steve's iPhone and I appologize for typo's and auto corrects