Hum Back Stronger

  • Betty
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2010
      I have had a period of tolerable hum intensity. Now it is back. It is not as severe as when I first started hearing it, but it is getting on my last nerve. I have thought it came from one of two sources close to me.

      One site was a factory. I investigated this years ago and the rhythm from a metal stack coming out of the building matched what I was hearing (intermitent sound). They denied any fault.

      Another site was a landfill where they burn off methane. Another family a mile from me was bothered by windows/door shaking on a Sunday. It was on the news. I don't know who they contacted. The cause was loose fitting (or something) that was corrected.

      They city has been of no help because no one can hear/feel it but me. (Lucky me.)

      One person from the city said there was an area on a hill about 10 miles (as the crow flies) from me. Some construction had been occurring and a fence was put up around the property to keep people out. I kept doing searches over the years to try to locate the property and its use. Then I discovered google earth. I believe that property is homeland security/ emergency management. There is one humongous tower on the site, plus some smaller towers. Now I am wondering if this could create the hum/virbration.

      Anyone else close to a facility such as homeland security/emergency management?

      How high are we on the scale today? I did a google search but could not find anything.

      Betty
      Cincinnati, Ohio
    • Betty
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2010
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "Betty" <auntb15@...> wrote:

        > snip
        >
        > How high are we on the scale today? I did a google search but could not find anything.
        >
        > Betty
        > Cincinnati, Ohio

        I found a link that appears to be current:

        http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/Copy_of_press_release_0046.shtm

        I don't know if the level changes daily or when it became elevated. Maybe this is something to track to see if the hum intensity coincides with the threat level.
      • Donna Few
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2010
          Hi All,

          I have published a poem that expresses some of the feelings Hum sufferers experience.  You can read it at the blog site:  fewforeverwords.wordpress.com

          Donna

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to: