Re: hum madness

  • mack_colin
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
      Try not to dispair, we are all in the same boat with regard to the hum.

      We have got it, we have got to live with it.

      Use all your countermeasures to deal with it, white noise, fans, music, headphones, foam ear plugs, etc.

      Do not let it get you down.

      Plus most of us can just step outside our house and its gone instantly, for relief.

      That's why I have a tent set up in the garden during the summer, and get a good view of the night sky, he he.

      Cheers, have a good time on the coast, Colin Mack, Scotland.
    • patty94@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
        --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "mack_colin" <mack_colin@...> wrote:

        > Try not to dispair, we are all in the same boat with regard to the hum.
        >
        > We have got it, we have got to live with it.
        >
        > Use all your countermeasures to deal with it, white noise, fans, music, headphones, foam ear plugs, etc.
        >
        > Do not let it get you down.
        >
        > Plus most of us can just step outside our house and its gone instantly, for relief.
        >
        > That's why I have a tent set up in the garden during the summer, and get a good view of the night sky, he he.
        >
        > Cheers, have a good time on the coast, Colin Mack, Scotland.

        I'm not in that boat. I'm not sure most can just step outside and not hear it either. Not if you live some place quiet, or enjoy the sounds of nature instead of the hum.
        It's too bad I hear the hum too.
        Just suck it up and live with it.
        Ever heard of Quiet Desperation. Thats how that statement leaves me feeling. Maybe the world would have been a better place if no one ever stood up for what is right.
        Why has society spent it's time and money teaching children, so we can all be enslaved to ignorance.
        Got any thoughs on changing the situation or like others you want the situation to remain the same - serious matter delineated to social chatter.
        he he
        Patty
      • lesley951617
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
          Ouch!

          --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "patty94@..." <patty94@...> wrote:

          > --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "mack_colin" <mack_colin@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Try not to dispair, we are all in the same boat with regard to the hum.
          > >
          > > We have got it, we have got to live with it.
          > >
          > > Use all your countermeasures to deal with it, white noise, fans, music, headphones, foam ear plugs, etc.
          > >
          > > Do not let it get you down.
          > >
          > > Plus most of us can just step outside our house and its gone instantly, for relief.
          > >
          > > That's why I have a tent set up in the garden during the summer, and get a good view of the night sky, he he.
          > >
          > > Cheers, have a good time on the coast, Colin Mack, Scotland.
          > >
          > I'm not in that boat. I'm not sure most can just step outside and not hear it either. Not if you live some place quiet, or enjoy the sounds of nature instead of the hum.
          > It's too bad I hear the hum too.
          > Just suck it up and live with it.
          > Ever heard of Quiet Desperation. Thats how that statement leaves me feeling. Maybe the world would have been a better place if no one ever stood up for what is right.
          > Why has society spent it's time and money teaching children, so we can all be enslaved to ignorance.
          > Got any thoughs on changing the situation or like others you want the situation to remain the same - serious matter delineated to social chatter.
          > he he
          > Patty

        • mack_colin
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2010
            Yeh, it sounds like patty94@ has a real case of the 'hum madness'.

            Recomendation: Get this movies song out and listen....

            Monty Pythons 'Life of Brian'... Always look on the bright side of life.

            Might cheer you up, cheers Colin.
          • lesley951617
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2010
              Colin whereabouts in Scotland are you? Send me an email please. I've tried to email you before but it bounced.

              --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "michael439297" <mspro69@...> wrote:

              > Let's face it. The hum is everywhere and is driving us all slowly mad looking for the source and theorising about directions, reasons, explanations, etc.etc.
              >
              > I'm going to our house on the coast tomorrow.It's been closed up for six weeks. I know I will open the door and... hello hum. I'll be leaving it behind here but I know it's waiting for me there.
              >
              > Love from Lynn

            • mack_colin
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
                --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "lesley951617" <lesley_f@...> wrote:

                > Colin whereabouts in Scotland are you? Send me an email please. I've tried to email you before but it bounced.

                Sorry, Lesley, I do not communicate privately on this subject, cheers Colin Mack.
              • lesley951617
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
                  Ok Colin, np, was just wondering as I am in Scotland too.

                • patty94@ymail.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 18, 2010
                    --- In humforum@yahoogroups.com, "mack_colin" <mack_colin@...> wrote:

                    > Yeh, it sounds like patty94@ has a real case of the 'hum madness'.
                    >
                    > Recomendation: Get this movies song out and listen....
                    >
                    > Monty Pythons 'Life of Brian'... Always look on the bright side of life.
                    >
                    > Might cheer you up, cheers Colin.

                    No, I'd rather do a U2 War Dance, never was a monty python fan.
                    It's HUM madness all right. But at least I'm not rabid dog with a gun who hears the hum. I'm wondering are you a low-lander? Personnally, I believe I've got a bit of highlander in my soul, never have been able to bend my knee or k a . I'm mad alright being stuck between scientific controversy, the rock and a hard place, Biological effect and Hazard.
                    My bright side doesn't cowtow, it finds joy in turning the down side up. Bit more of the ZZ Top and Cheap Sunglasses. Me and My Monkey have nothing to hide.
                    Truth sets me free and I'm not selfish by nature I also want freedom for all the others that are suffering.
                    Cheers Mack