Re: HUM_FORUM: Re: thoughts on the last three posts

  • Bill Curry
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2010
      Thanks, James.  I have been a member of IEEE for many years and didn't even know about this paper!

      Regards, Bill Curry
      Retired Physicist

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 14, 2010
        Bill,

        I just followed two links within the title page. It was easy. I'm

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 14, 2010
          Bill,

          I just followed two links within the title page. It was easy. I'm just a retired electronic tech afflicted with both the HUM
          and associated simultaneous physical vibration in feet, legs, and buttocks. It's real for me!!!

          I have been a member of this forum since Jan 2004, and have gone through the various speculations as to the source.
          I now am of the belief that cellular activity and 3G and 4G technology are in the freq. spectrum which are closer to the
          physical dimensions of our biological physiology. Also, since we humans are all a bundle of electrical synapse activity,
          I believe that this is a possible detection method for the pulsed modulation of the cellular signals.

          James
          Buellton, CA

> [...]

          Talking about Microwave Ovens I don't use them but I did find this paper yesterday that does give a historical mention of them. Of course the Microwave Auditory is mentioned too.

          Biological Effects of Electromagnetic Radiation - GHN: IEEE Global History Network
          http://www.ieeeghn.org/wiki/index.php/Biological_Effects_of_Electromagnetic_Radiatio...

          If the Professor is reading this.. Did you know that they buried VLF Antennas in the Polar Ice Caps?

        • Mark Jordan
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 14, 2010
            Hi to all,

            I normally lurk here and read most of the posts. However, since I am a microwave technician, I must comment on the alleged dangers of microwave ovens.

            In fact, I have repaired thousands of ovens and conducted leak testing on the majority of those. In my time, I have only found 1, that is one, microwave oven that leaked. That particular unit was still within the safe range to operate based upon standards set by the FCC. They are designed specifically not to leak. If the door latches malfunction for any reason, the fuse is designed to short circuit and blow.

            There are two possible dangers from microwave ovens. High magnetic fields withing 12 inches of the unit. These are reduced exponentially with distance from the oven such that at around 1.5 meters, there is zero magnetic fields. They produce electromagnetic fields similar to other appliances that are also reduced with distance. These are alleged to be harmful but proper studies need to be accomplished to determine exposure rate over time. The worst danger is burning your hand by picking up a plate that it too hot or a boiling cup of water.

            Newer microwave ovens are not safer. I use ovens that are at least 25 years old because they are more reliable than the newer ones.

            Besides smoking, the most dangerous thing that you can do in the U. S. is to be treated by a doctor. The AMA reported a few years ago that doctors and pharmacists are responsible for over 200,000 deaths each year through their negligence. After that, driving down the highway is relatively less dangerous as there are 40k plus deaths and many more injuries. Compare this with a dozen deaths from snake bites, less than a hundred killed by lightning and the murder rate in this country runs between 16-22 thousand. Most snake bit deaths occurred in the back yard of the victim and they were all trying to kill the snake. Best to leave snakes alone.

            I really think we need a policeman standing beside every doctor and pharmacist.

            Mark S. Jordan
            zorbasci@...

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 14, 2010
              "The worst danger is burning your hand by picking up a plate that it too hot or a boiling cup of water."

              I can attest to that! I got a bad burn from a mug in which I had heated some water. The handle was glazed
              dark blue, which probably made the difference -- I've never had that problem with mugs that have white
              handles.

              One thing that I've always found interesting was a microwave oven we used to have at my place of employment.
              It was out where the public could use it to heat sandwiches from the vending machines, and thus was always
              dirty and disgusting. I never used it because there were usually ants crawling around in it... And I noticed
              that the ants never seemed to be affected by the microwaves when the thing was running. You'd open the door,
              and they'd just be crawling around as usual, searching for food bits!

              Yes... It helps to put things in perspective. How many people have you ever heard of being killed or even
              badly burned by a microwave oven? Thanks for your input.

              Carole

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 15, 2010
                Mark,

                Thank you , Thank You, Thank you, I agree 100% with you.

                Sandra